Tampa Bay Lightning New Logos

KCScout76

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After allowing myself to mull; 7/10. I'm glad they eliminated primarily black jerseys. Blue is the way to go, especially the shade they used. Could they have incorporated black or silver accents? Perhaps, but I can live with the traditional, if not "bland" design. It kicks the hell out of every single jersey they've ever sported in the past. Their original jerseys were one color above the two-tone CCM practice jerseys you can buy, their original third was pretty neat, but only served a purpose as a gimmicky alternate. Their Reebok update was awful, yet somehow better than their originals. Maybe because the logo package was better. The blue third was nice in design, but "BOLTS?" Seriously, BOLTS? That was flat out lame. The Lightning will now take to the ice looking sharper than they ever have. Good for them. But still, as I said, only 7/10.

The new Lightning uniforms and the Leafs uniforms side by side...

LeafsLightningSideBySide.png

The real test for these things will be the first Lightning/Maple Leaf game of next season.

And I'm warming up to the logo (although it reminds me of the Electric brand), but I'm still not feeling the jerseys without the pant bolt.

And the logo is all over the Lightning's website already. It's on every page in every possible place. Hell it's even on the St. Pete Times website in the ad bars. They really are going "All In" on this marketing.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Static_Shock_by_GundamBilbo97.jpg

It's Static Shock-look at his chest.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The new Lightning uniforms and the Leafs uniforms side by side...

LeafsLightningSideBySide.png

The real test for these things will be the first Lightning/Maple Leaf game of next season.

And I'm warming up to the logo (although it reminds me of the Electric brand), but I'm still not feeling the jerseys without the pant bolt.

And the logo is all over the Lightning's website already. It's on every page in every possible place. Hell it's even on the St. Pete Times website in the ad bars. They really are going "All In" on this marketing.

I work at Tampa General Hospital which is right across a short part of the bay from the St. Pete Times Forum. I noticed today that they have replaced all of the player banners to ones of them wearing the new jerseys. Is this going to be a mid season switch? Is that even allowed?

So they are not using the exact same shade of blue anymore? That helps... a little.

Surprised they're going all out with the t-shirts and center-ice logo. How soon before we see more midseason unveilings - and switches?

Wait, so this new logo is already center ice and being used on T-shirts? Or is it being used full time on jerseys as well?

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

So they are not using the exact same shade of blue anymore? That helps... a little.

I still think that they're exactly the same shade...based on the current (through 2010-2011) Lightning shade of Blue compared to the current Maple Leafs' Blue.

(That graphic is incorrect.)

The website has been completely changed over, including pics of Stamkos and St. Louis in full gear on the sides.

This is actually a cool graphic. Sad, but cool.

new-transition-294.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

They released it so they could get it out there before someone leaked it. Which is fine. Except that you're killing your merchandise sales (well the stuff with the old logo and colours) for the year. My guess is they're buying up landfill space in New Mexico as we speak.

Stacks and stacks of Mike Smith jerseys are going to be next to that E.T. game for the Atari.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

With respect to debuting the new uniforms early, what's stopping them from, say, introducing them as a one-shot alternate, and then continuing to wear them "out of superstition"? Would officials seriously stop them from taking the ice in them after one game?

The Tampa broadcasters are wearing polos with the logo on it and they're using the logo all over the broadcast too.

My God, just wear the damn things already. That's the only thing they aren't doing at this point.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Off the top of my head, the White Sox started wearing black and silver with one month to go in 1990. Not quite smack dab in the middle of the season, but the same idea.

Does releasing a new look midway through the season to "avoid leaks" really make any sense? How could a leak have a more negative impact than throwing away a few more months of current logo sales?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I was thinking they want to possibly discourage people from buying the old identity and perhaps have them hold off and buy the new jerseys so that will be the majority of whats in the stands there next year?

Also, the logo is on the ice tonight.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Archived