Lightning Concept Emporium

-kj

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW, just thought I'd point out, the owner of the Lightning said they were going for a retro feel right down to the style (not design) of the uniform shirt.

Well dang, if they wanted to do that they could have just went back to their 1992 set. Just my opinion. I'll be honest, the new look is growing on me, but not by much. If anything, I like the white uniform more than the dark. I guess the Tampa Bay at the top helps it a little.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

The owner also said they want the uniforms to become as iconic as say the Yankees' unis.

You don't get "iconic" by borrowing someone else's iconic look.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

^ And hence...the delusion of this whole thing. Tsk tsk tsk...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

How's this??

LightningLogo.png

I tried to bring the logo to life and to make it look more like the Lightning everybody once loved.

It's still in a circle. :mad:

Common now. Shoulder patches get a pass. Plus all past Lightning logos were in circles anyway.

It's not the white circle that I have a problem with. It's the fauxback black one. Seriously, Tampa Bay is the same age I am. It has no history.

So what. Just because I was born in 1985 doesn't mean I should dress like I was born in 1985 my entire life. At some point I have to grow up.

Yes, but you're not going to dress like you were born in 1920, are you? Dress for your age.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Make your pick...

LightningLogo2.png

More than one person saw flaws about the black circle. I made a few different versions now.

The middle one makes me think of the U.S. Air Force Academy.

Perhaps the creators of concepts on this thread could submit their designs to the U.S. Air Force Academy hockey team, like, e.g., Raysox's design. It wouldn't take many changes to make this a satisfactory Air Force hockey uniform...

Brendino's looks good.

Then here's mine.

Lightning.png

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

tampabaylogoconcept.png

tampabayuniconcept.png

throw in a tiny bit of black and maybe lighten the blue slightly and we have a winner.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Primary issue with yours, eRay, is that royal blue lightning just doesn't look right. Aside from that, though, it's good!

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Archived