Lightning Concept Emporium

-kj

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not bad for no black. Works better than it should.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 3 weeks later...

YEAH!! Gonna buy me a Blue one, ST. LOUIS 26 !! One for my wife too!! I like the addition of black, though I think the Lightning Bolt needs black shadow.

This is what the Lightning are going to look like next year...

Lightning-1.png

I sincerely hope you're right. Why their revisions didn't look like this is beyond me.

Edit - Well, unless they had already printed a bunch of blank jerseys. But still, this needs to be the ultimate product.

--BUMP--

^^^^^^^^^^

I think that's what we're likely to get come next year.

Here's the finalized Tampa Bay Lightning concept (for now). Using the "TB" logo (found here, upper left) and tweaking it (flattening the top of the "T" and eliminating the little "L" bit on the end), I put a stretched triangle behind it as the new alternate logo. I felt that this logo also fit really well with this traditional-looking Lightning identity while being fresh.

I also toyed with the far bottom-right Zeus logo to give a somewhat hidden "Zeus" effect, but realized that that logo really didn't gel well with the rest of the identity. Not to mention that my skills at making something like that have the effect I was shooting for (having the lightning bolt give the right lighting angles on Zeus) were non-existent (or I just don't have the time to figure it out).

However, I looked to the late 1990s (?) "stormy bay" alternate jersey for the alternate. I really liked how the rain is supposed to look like the victory stripes, so I went with it here. I tried to keep this simple, and felt as though the rain looked best when kept off the sleeves. It's not as though you'd see them all the time (I know, the victory stripes are like this, too, but they're an ever-so-slight detail, I guess).

I put the lighting bolts going down the sleeves (the little box on the right should help you give the right idea of what I'm going at; the size of the bolt and the blue sleeve stripe aren't right on, but hopefully you get the idea.

Other than the replacing of the alternate logo on the shoulders and the helmet (the alt. helmet has the main logo there), the home and away jerseys are about the same. C & C appreciated. Enjoy!!

5533228419_ed785c22f2_b.jpg

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

• 5 months later...

Archived