Domestic Soccer 2011

Don

DC United statement on Charlie Davies

"Charlie Davies is expected to join D.C. United in Ft. Lauderdale on Wednesday for a week-long evaluation period, which will include training and game time with the first team and a full medical evaluation by team doctors in DC. Details of a 12-month loan have already been negotiated, but nothing will be official until D.C. United is satisfied Charlie is physically capable of playing at the level required to be successful in MLS. United currently holds the top spot in the League?s allocation ranking and would therefore have first option to acquire Davies."

IF he's healthy, this is a steal for United. They needed a striker, and by god they got one.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was waiting for someone else to take the reigns and start a thread on this topic.

A newsworthy MLS REEL A LINE MINT post (as mentioned in the Gear Grinder thread):

The Houston Dynamo have moved to the Eastern Conference for the 2011 Season, thus giving both Conferences nine clubs each.

I was waiting for someone else to take the reigns and start a thread on this topic.

A newsworthy MLS REEL A LINE MINT post (as mentioned in the Gear Grinder thread):

The Houston Dynamo have moved to the Eastern Conference for the 2011 Season, thus giving both Conferences nine clubs each.

Why is this not reason enough by itself for them to move to a single table? It's something the fans clearly want and MLS has almost always benefited financially from giving them what they want.

Why is this not reason enough by itself for them to move to a single table? It's something the fans clearly want and MLS has almost always benefited financially from giving them what they want.

Especially since they're playing an equal number of games to begin with, whats wrong with caving on this Euro part of the game? I understand not wanting the FIFA Winter schedule, but the resistance to the single table? I dont get it.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I said it before, but it's idiotic to play all team equally and still split them up in conferences. I know there's the possible crossover for the last playoff spot, but it can still be unfair to seed/place teams in the playoffs based on conferences when they play the same exact schedule.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It's pretty crap for MLS to not have every team in the league on ESPN at least twice. Columbus has no games on ESPN or the primary Spanish channels either. New England hasn't been good for three years but still gets national coverage. Abso-frigging crappy job, MLS!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

MLS now on TSN

http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/story/?id=353868

TSN and Major League Soccer (MLS) announced today they have reached a six-year broadcast rights agreement making TSN the official broadcaster of MLS in Canada. The national broadcast agreement begins this year and runs through to the 2016 season.

Under the terms of the deal TSN and TSN2 will broadcast 24 MLS regular season matches this season featuring Canadian teams Toronto FC and/or Vancouver Whitecaps FC (see MLS broadcast schedule below). In future seasons, the networks will broadcast at least 30 games featuring the three Canadian teams ? including the 2012 MLS expansion team, the Montreal Impact.

All MLS games on TSN and TSN2 will be broadcast in High Definition.

As the official broadcaster for MLS in Canada, TSN also acquires the broadcast rights for the MLS Cup, MLS CUP PLAYOFF games and the popular MLS ALL-STAR GAME, along with additional MLS games featuring non-Canadian teams.

If TSN can do for MLS what it did for the world juniors and the CFL, this will be effing amazing.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

So, NASL is "provisionally sanctioned" as division 2 by USSF... but its teams won't be allowed to play in the US Open Cup this year.

Yay. Damn. (In that order.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived