National Signing Day

Cola

That Clowney guy still hasn't made his decision?

Damn. I take it that he must really want the spotlight for his decision.

He is waiting to announce on February 14th, his birthday.

Whoever gets the kid will be really fortunate. The kid (feel weird calling him that at his size) is a beast among men. Watch his videos. If there was a 6th star, he'd have it.

That will be one hell of a birthday gift for whichever school gets him to sign their LOI. Oh, and I've seen one of Clowney's games on TV. He's is that good... scary good. Whoever has to go against him better bring some brown pants.

BTW, there was a guy who was 3rd on the ESPNU 150 that was considering New Mexico. He chose Auburn, but imagine what it would of been if the Lobos would of landed that guy.

Just because he played like Washington in "Fast Times At Ridgemont High", it means nothing at his next level. He looked awesome because in some games he was physically better, now in college, lesser players have been sifted out.

He has to stay eligible, be coachable, and actually improve. He could have already peaked as what occurs to many "5 Star" recruits.

Here is a sortable list of the Rivals 100 since 2002. only the more recent "5 Star" guys (2006 and forward) seem to have even excelled enough in college to be drafted and get meaningful playing time in the NFL.

He isn't coming from Pop Warner. I know college ball is different from high school ball. Watch this video and tell me he has "peaked". The guy will be a top NFL draft choice in 3-4 years. I said it about Daquan Bowers when I watched him play my brother in high school, and I will say it again about this guy. Gamecock or not.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have seen him play on ESPNU games. He is still 6'6" and a shade under 250, so he will have to bulk up to play DE. Every school will make him get bigger.

How will the extra weight impact his play?

The two top DE by Rivals, Alex Okafor (TEX) and Donte Moss (UNC) from 2009 have not been spectacular.

Slight Aside: I realize that one of his finalist is Clemson and they have provided the NFL very good DE, but I have no confidence in Dabo keeping his job and staffs will change if he goes there. Clemson needs to as impatient with coaches as LSU was to find a winning coach and pay to keep him, especially if your state is listed to have all this potential (I can't call it talent since it is HS players).

• 2 weeks later...

Dammit, I heard he was going to Clemson. That almost made my day, knowing that the SEC wouldn't have to deal with him (assuming he lives up to these ridiculous expectations he's had placed on top of his head).

Oh well, congrats to USC.

• 11 months later...

UGA did pretty darn good

Proud of some of my boys on their signing day success. 3 D-1 Signees from my team. But now its all about my boy Big Rob for next year:

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012/02/07/robert-nkemdiche-the-circus-begins-for-the-nations-no-1-overall-prospect/?

GREAT READ

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7535392/colleges-already-line-2013-top-football-prospect

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

/Commits to Alabama

//Loses spot in class on signing day to another recruit

///Recommits to Troy

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

/Commits to Alabama

///Recommits to Troy

Ha! Wishful thinking. I spoke with him at lunch a few days ago. Asked him if he had to pick today where is it?

Bama, LSU, Oregon. Thats his top 3. Still don't get why Oregon is in the mix...

Because Oregon won't drop him at the last moment for another recruit. Or pull his scholarship in two years for another shiny 5 star.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

/Commits to Alabama

///Recommits to Troy

Ha! Wishful thinking. I spoke with him at lunch a few days ago. Asked him if he had to pick today where is it?

Because Oregon won't drop him at the last moment for another recruit. Or pull his scholarship in two years for another shiny 5 star.

He's the #1 prospect in all of America. I doubt anyone is going to drop him.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

/Commits to Alabama

///Recommits to Troy

He's the #1 prospect in all of America. I doubt anyone is going to drop him.

You'd be surprised. And the pulling of the scholarship is more likely than you think. How else can you pull in 25+ recruiting classes a year and still stay within the 85 scholarship cap?

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived