College Football Revamp Madness!

Brave-Bird 08

On the second away jersey, I'd make the cuffs and collar blue.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the second away jersey, I'd make the cuffs and collar blue.

Thought about that as well making them silver or white, to differentiate more. I decided no on blue, however, because I was trying to make blue a tertiary color in the overall design.

Yeah, I know, but you've already got orange for the cuffs and collar on the first away jersey. Making them blue on the second wouldn't make blue any less tertiary.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The Syracuse jerseys are amazing, by far the best college football concept I have ever seen. (**) (**) (**) (**) (**)

did not expect such a warm reception for the Cuse unis. I feel like if any concept warranted that response it would be the Duke ones! dont want to do any more praising of my own posts...but, Personally, I find the Duke concept intoxicating...

Syracuse

-for Syracuse I wanted to let orange and white be the dominating colors, and let blue be an accent. I feel like that's a plan that could separate them from Illinois. The basketball unis come into play here again, with silver numbers on three of the four jerseys. At first I thought that would be too much, but then I reminded myself this is "revamp madness"!! I let the primary road jersey with orange numbers because I felt using primary silver numbers would be overkill. So, I made two white jerseys, Oregon Ducks style. I also felt like the orange helmet was solid enough with each combination that I didn't need to make another one. The collar reads "Big Orange"

This is by far my favorite college football concept I have ever seen on these boards. I have always loved Syracuse's new jerseys, and the way you incorporated into a football uniform is easily (**) (**) (**) (**) (**)'s from me. Bravo!

I agree completely.

Syracuse

-for Syracuse I wanted to let orange and white be the dominating colors, and let blue be an accent. I feel like that's a plan that could separate them from Illinois. The basketball unis come into play here again, with silver numbers on three of the four jerseys. At first I thought that would be too much, but then I reminded myself this is "revamp madness"!! I let the primary road jersey with orange numbers because I felt using primary silver numbers would be overkill. So, I made two white jerseys, Oregon Ducks style. I also felt like the orange helmet was solid enough with each combination that I didn't need to make another one. The collar reads "Big Orange"

One suggestion on what otherwise is a very nice football take on the SOD hoops jerseys...

There should be four color blocks in each set, not three. The design element was originally included to graphically represent the number 44 by having four swatches on either side of the uniform.

I'll admit I'm not a personal fan of wordmarks on the pants stripe, so I'd move the color panels there to match the basketball shorts, but placement is a personal preference.

Also minor, but "Big Orange" seems a bit contrived, even for Nike ProCombat standards. Sounds like we stole the slogan from Michigan. I'd go with "Otto's Army."

The current helmet works suprisingly well with the redesign, however, as it gives the grey facemask a place within the design.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

good suggestions Cuse. I might whip up some V.2's...but I want to roll through the series before I start layering redos on top of eachother.

...and, as I say that, I hypocritically introduce to you my first set of action templates! I was just in the mood to give these a go today. I've done my favorite three combinations for UGA. I'll likely just do three combinations for each team. These will show up more at the tail end of the series, but since I have these three done I want to show them off.

action3.png

action1.png

action2.png

Virginia Tech

- hurray for asymmetric uniforms! I went really unconventional here, because that's what this thread is all about! I was one of the few (if not the only one) who wasn't pleased with the Virginia Tech switch to classic uniforms. I feel like they, like Miami, need modern uniforms! I took some elements of their pro combat uniforms, as well as their orange sleeved uniforms in 2005 (b/c I actually liked those on them). Also, the collar slogan is "we are all hokies"...mayhaps that sounds "hokie", but when I think of VT I always think of the shooting...so I felt like that was an appropriate slogan. Anyways, have at it!

uniforms-6.png

I don't know about the asymmetrical sleeves, but the concept as a whole looks great.

As far as innovative, modern concepts go, I think the VT set is probably one of my favorite I've seen. It's a perfect blend of ideas they've used (gradient numbers, sleeve stripes, one sleeve thing from 05, etc), but still maintains a classic, identifiable VT look. It also isn't too over the top and is something I could realistically see them wearing. Only suggestion I have would be to move the ACC patch on the chest, opposite the swoosh. I always hated that patch placement (similar to Arkansas). It just always look so off centered and unbalanced. Everything else is spot on. Great job!

Archived