Subway/Transit System logos

TxRangersFan

I found a cool website that includes tons of subway/transit system logos from all over the world. It is interesting to see all of the logos that various transit agencies use. I'm interested to see which of these logos you find most and least interesting.

The site is http://mic-ro.com/metro/metrologos.html

One of my favorites is the Kyoto, Japan logo, which looks like it comes from Star Wars...

kyoto.gif

May God bless you all and fill your hearts with faith, hope, and love!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's Hamilton's:

HSR-logo.png

HSR- Hamilton Street Railway

Because that's exactly what it used to be.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Prepare to laugh...this is the logo for my hometown's transit, Escambia County Area Transit, or ECAT for short:

ecatlogo.jpg

(And now you see why I bolded "CAT".)

This thing is IndyGo's (the Indianapolis bus transit system's) logo:

IndyGologo.jpg

(I may be the only person who cares...but with a name like that, I'm curious how a brand featuring, well, indigo would have turned out.)

And then we have the Port Authority of Allegheny County (Pittsburgh, for those not in the know). If you clicked the OP's link, you probably saw a "T" encompassed in a circle. That also belongs to PAT's system, for the two or three trolley routes still left. Anyway, the top one is the former logo, back when they were still on the "Ride Gold" mantra--or said another way, the "gold standard".

portauthority.jpg

Of course, they never could uphold that gold standard, and so they did what every other company does when "going back to basics" and, well, went back to basics for their current wholly unremarkable logo:

PAACBaseLogo.gif

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

This thing is IndyGo's (the Indianapolis bus transit system's) logo:

IndyGologo.jpg

(I may be the only person who cares...but with a name like that, I'm curious how a brand featuring, well, indigo would have turned out.)

Do you use IndyGo? I mean, if you do, you'd become the first person I know that does. God does IndyGo suck.

6fQjS3M.png

Yeaa DC Metro represent!! meh. Our trains suck, but I gotta ride em to school every morning

Don't take that for granted. DC Metro is one of the nicest and best-run systems in the country.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I wish it went into more detail as far which transit system adopted the circle-T logo first. I've always associated it with Boston, but never realized other foreign cities also use it.

And here is the transit logo for the city in which I currently reside, Lowell, Mass. (the colors are off...normally it's navy blue on a white background)

logo.jpg

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Phoenix (Valley Metro Light Rail) is missing...

logo-metro.gifValleyMetroLogo.jpg

Great link...thanks for the post.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Phoenix (Valley Metro Light Rail) is missing...

logo-metro.gifValleyMetroLogo.jpg

Great link...thanks for the post.

IMG_1318.JPG

The logo up where AJM posted is the official corporate logo for Valley Metro, but the buses that are seen still use the old logo.

• 2 weeks later...

And then we have the Port Authority of Allegheny County (Pittsburgh, for those not in the know). If you clicked the OP's link, you probably saw a "T" encompassed in a circle. That also belongs to PAT's system, for the two or three trolley routes still left.

There are still trolleys? That logo is for "The T"; Pittsburgh's above ground/subway rail system which just brings in people from the southern suburbs and has a couple stops downtown and on the north shore.

The Port Authority's current logo is pretty bland, though. I almost prefer the old black-and-white-with-red-stripe pat busses you still see.

On the whole, though, PAT Busses are pretty ugly.

oBIgzrL.png

And then we have the Port Authority of Allegheny County (Pittsburgh, for those not in the know). If you clicked the OP's link, you probably saw a "T" encompassed in a circle. That also belongs to PAT's system, for the two or three trolley routes still left.

There are still trolleys? That logo is for "The T"; Pittsburgh's above ground/subway rail system which just brings in people from the southern suburbs and has a couple stops downtown and on the north shore.

The Port Authority's current logo is pretty bland, though. I almost prefer the old black-and-white-with-red-stripe pat busses you still see.

On the whole, though, PAT Busses are pretty ugly.

Coming from where I come from, train cars--hell, train tracks--are something of a rarity, so I still end up calling the light rail cars PAT uses "trolleys" out of old habit. And yeah, PAT's current logo blows.

As for the bolded part, yes, the "MOD" era buses...a lot of people in the Allegheny area still have fond memories of those. I myself consider them dinosaurs because of how loud the really old ones were (the super-old ones with the split windshields, where the driver side sloped back noticaeably further than the passenger side). Back in '03 when I first moved up there, it never failed that I ended up getting one of those on my 46D route to my apartment as the last route of the night.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived