Subway/Transit System logos

TxRangersFan

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

I always loved the old SEMTA logo for the Metro Detroit area bus system.

SEMTA-M1268_02-600x394.jpg

The weird thing is, Detroit DOT and SEMTA ran completely different bus systems, so you had to transfer from a DOT bus to a SEMTA bus when you arrived at the city border (I usually did it at the State Fairgrounds, just south of 8 Mile Rd. on Woodward Ave.) and vice versa. Just another issue that I believe led to the city's downfall.

For reference: Detroit DOT logo and bus design.

ddot-logo_orig-sm2.gif

2661518911_f973fd2d27.jpg

(Judging by that brick road, I just realized this photo must have been taken in Corktown, right near old Tiger Stadium. I used to love that area so much.)

The bus system in the Binghamton, Endicott, Johnson City area of upstate New York calls itself "B.C. Transit" for Broome County. Its logo is a character from the comic strip "B.C.," drawn by Endicott native Johnny Hart. (I believe the character is "Thor," the inventor of the wheel in the comic strip.)

bctransit.jpg

CK3ZP8E.jpg

The bus system in the Binghamton, Endicott, Johnson City area of upstate New York calls itself "B.C. Transit" for Broome County. Its logo is a character from the comic strip "B.C.," drawn by Endicott native Johnny Hart. (I believe the character is "Thor," the inventor of the wheel in the comic strip.)

bctransit.jpg

I was actually just about to post about this. While the bus livery is white with a blue and yellow sash, the "Thor" logo is featured near the front of the bus, varying based upon what model the bus is. Neat little touch imo.

sMU0VEUd53qS1W0RCWI0Ba.jpg

edit: I believe the black ribbon was added to the busses in 2007 after Hart's death.

The CTA's logo is in that page, but here's METRA (regional light rail):

Metra isn't light rail, it's heavy rail. Most of the Metra lines are freight lines past the last stops. Some of them date back to like the 19th century.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's my local transit logo(s).

TBTransitLogobutton.png

Transit+Header.jpg

Don't think much of their main logo but their green fleet one is alright.

Although Thunder Bay makes street and subway cars, all it has is buses (last had street cars in the late 1940's). Having only bus transit is probably typical for a city of its size these days. Unfortunately if you need to catch a bus late at night (after 12:15) you are SOL.

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

Archived