mbannon's College Football Experience

mbannon92

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where did you find the MSU font?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Okay, I can understand why there wasn't much interest in the last three teams, as I didn't change much. But don't worry, the adidas teams will be a little more exciting. I'll start with the two non-red-and-white schools.

I really like Michigan's throwback unis for the Notre Dame game (Go Irish!), so I added the sleeve/shouder stripes, but in sublimated form. Also, on the road I have blue collar and cuffs and some yellow piping.

Michigan1.png

For Northwestern I used...drumroll please...Northwestern Stripes! I really like that they went back to the classic look, but I don't think it's executed very well. It's nearly impossible to see the black stripes on the purple jersey, and vice versa, so I made all the stripes white. In fact, on each jersey and pants there are only two colors: either purple and white or black and white. I feel like it looks much cleaner this way. Also, I brought back the purple/black/purple look from the 90s.

Northwestern.png

I hate UM, but you did a great job on them. As much as it pains me to say it-- they look good. As for NW, I feel like they're a little flat. I get the NW stripes (that's what I did too), but it's just really dry for a school that has a lot of color combo potential. I would somehow incorporate the third color on the jerseys-- it'll help liven things up IMO.

I hate UM, but you did a great job on them. As much as it pains me to say it-- they look good. As for NW, I feel like they're a little flat. I get the NW stripes (that's what I did too), but it's just really dry for a school that has a lot of color combo potential. I would somehow incorporate the third color on the jerseys-- it'll help liven things up IMO.

I agree that having both black and purple on the jerseys/pants would be ideal, but it just doesn't show up. (See jersey stripes.)

106158865_display_image.jpg

Their old uniforms (the shoulder stripe ones) only had black in the collar and as a number outline, so I don't think it's that bad to just have one color and white.

I really like what you did with Northwestern. The one problem with their current jerseys is that they use the purple and black too close to each other and they just wash each other out. You could outline the stripes with purple/black so that it would look a little better up close, but from any distance they would just look how you have it now. Good work with these.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Nice touch with Michigan, I love the throwback stripes and sublimating them is a nice way to keep tradition.

Northwestern looks good too, I like the simplicity of it and its an upgrade over the ones they wear now since you can hardly tell the difference between purple and black.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I agree that having both black and purple on the jerseys/pants would be ideal, but it just doesn't show up. (See jersey stripes.)

106158865_display_image.jpg

Their old uniforms (the shoulder stripe ones) only had black in the collar and as a number outline, so I don't think it's that bad to just have one color and white.

+1 for you, sir. Excellent point. Didn't really pay attention to the IRL effects of that haha.

All right, moving on to the three teams sporting various shades of red and white.

Not much to say for IU, just did what they should have done last year. Got rid of the hideous random panels and the contrasting collars and cuffs.

IU.png

Not a ton of change for Nebraska either. I stuck with the sans-serif N and used two stripes everywhere. You may say, however, "But what will you do with Wisconsin? They're going to look just like Nebraska!" Just scroll down and feast your eyes on...

Nebraska.png

..this. My Bucky Badger inspired uniforms. The shoulder yokes are red with white pinstripes to match Bucky's sweater, and I used the wordmark and number font that the rest of the athletic department uses. The helmet and pants are the same, so it's not a complete overhaul, but it differentiates them from Nebraska and, in my opinion, improves their look. But lemme know what you think.

Wisconsin.png

I like 'em all, especially Wisconsin. Very creative idea, and I think it actually works. A couple things though: the stripes were inspired by Bucky, yet he isn't anywhere on the uniforms. If you add him above the NOB, it might look perfect. Also, your numbers are a little too flat, they need to be stretched vertically.

Other than that, great work as always.

I like all that you did with this set. My only hangup is that those Bucky-inspired ones remind me of this atrocity (don't mind the moron wearing it):

2002-charles-rogers-michigan-state-football-jersey_over.jpg

They're a bit different, but I almost wonder how those would look with pads under them-- possibly very similar to this.

I love the distinction between Nebraska and Wisconsin.

The Bucky Stripes just "work" for Wisconsin.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I like 'em all, especially Wisconsin. Very creative idea, and I think it actually works. A couple things though: the stripes were inspired by Bucky, yet he isn't anywhere on the uniforms. If you add him above the NOB, it might look perfect. Also, your numbers are a little too flat, they need to be stretched vertically.

Other than that, great work as always.

Yeah, it would be nice to fit the Bucky head in somewhere. If anywhere I'd put it on the pants...I'm very much against the LANOB. I'll look into it though. And for the numbers, that's what they look like on the basketball team. They're not ideal on a football uni, but I think Wisconsin can get away with it.

I like all that you did with this set. My only hangup is that those Bucky-inspired ones remind me of this atrocity (don't mind the moron wearing it):

They're a bit different, but I almost wonder how those would look with pads under them-- possibly very similar to this.

While the Techfit template is known for altering different uniform elements (Colts stripes, A&M wordmark, NOBs, etc.), I don't think it could ever cause...that wacko.gif

Archived