mbannon's College Football Experience

mbannon92

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like what you've done so far, especially lately, and thought I'd give you some feedback.

North Carolina: I like how you used the argyle, but I think the navy is a bit too dark.

Duke: Even though I'm not a fan of Duke's use of black, I do like your uniforms. I'd suggest that you change the helmet logo to the 'D' with the football inside.

Florida State: Ugh, BFBS! Stick with garnet and gold.

Miami: Good job incorporating the 'U' into different parts of the uniform, but I'm not really sure that it would look good on the back of a 300 lbs. lineman's legs!

Virginia Tech: I like the throwback matching stripe uniforms (shoulders and pants) the best.

Wake Forest: Maybe too similar to the Saints? Anyhow, good job.

West Virginia: This is probably your best effort so far. Great job using the gradients, especially with the chest logo.

Iowa: Others might say they're too plain, but they look just right to me.

Minnesota: Another job well done. I really like the stripes and how you used them.

Really like the thread...my favorites are UNC, Florida State (though numbers on white jersey need some gold), West Virginia (best WV concept I've ever seen), and Iowa. I think orange numbers on the shoulders of Virginia Tech's maroon and white jerseys would look awesome...but I guess leave them maroon on the orange jersey.

Really liking Minnesota. The striping on the front reminds me of their old jerseys where they had the M on front that extended out towards the sleeves, but this is much better of course.

For Iowa, it's ok. Looks like a football jersey which is what it's supposed to be, so I guess Im just stating the obvious. But I always like it when shoulder striping matches the pants striping, so on Iowa I'd probably like it better if it did, but there's nothing wrong with what you have either.

d00a00v00e00o:

Thanks for the comments! I'll take a look at Duke's helmet. For FSU, they have a good deal of black in the logo, so I woudn't say it's BFBS. And if you're referring to the black alt, they already have one, so I was just continuing that. And I think the black helmet and triple-stripes on the pants are enough to differentiate them from the Saints, but I do see what you're saying.

First off, I updated Duke, putting the D-football on the helmet.

Wrapping up the Big Ten is Illinois-Purdue. I modeled Illinois after their former basketball unis (I did Illinois before they got their new unis), with the zig zag piping from the waistband of the shorts. I put this on the collar, sleeves, and pants of the football unis. I also added a block I on the pants.

Illinois.png

For Purdue, I kept the same general look that they have now. I moved the sleeve stripes up to the shoulder, and put the train logo on the sides of the pants. I also kept the throwbacks they wore this past year. Even though it was for their 10th Anniversary for their Rose Bowl berth, I thought they were pretty cool, so I kept them on board.

Purdue.png

I love the Illinois uniforms, but why isn't the coloring on the blue jersey and pants consistent with the others? Shouldn't the blue jersey have orange sleeves and shouldn't the blue and orange on the pants be reversed?

I love the Illinois uniforms, but why isn't the coloring on the blue jersey and pants consistent with the others? Shouldn't the blue jersey have orange sleeves and shouldn't the blue and orange on the pants be reversed?

Because I kept it consistent with the collar, which is the same on each jersey. Blue on the inside with orange on the outside.

North Carolina- Nice job incorporating the argyle. Love the # font too. Nice and clean. 7/10

Duke- Not a fan of the football D logo. Striping is a bit uninspired. Maybe a diamond shaped stripe. Oh well, you probably won't revisit it. (I don't blame you) 6/10

Florida State- Love the use of the PC feather. Nice work on keeping the unique things about them at the same time. 8/10

Miami- Meh. I've never been a big fan of any of Miami's uniforms. I guess this would be an upgrade. 6/10

Virginia Tech- Big fan of the striping, although I do think you could've made it more even width. Like the use of the Virginia outline logo. Alternates look good too. 8/10

Wake Forest- Really diggin' what you did here. Wake has kinda boring and plain logo so the concept isn't too over-the-top. The classic look looks really nice. 8/10

West Virginia- The gradient works really well here. I just love everything in this concept! Great job. 10/10

Iowa- The away jersey and the throwback are the only ones I like. The home striping doesn't look good, the yellow and white don't contrast enough. 7/10

Minnesota- The striping works very well here. Very creative. 8/10

Illinois- Yes! Yes! A hundred times YES! Best Illini concept ever. Better than anything they've ever wore. Amazing. 10/10

Purdue- Pretty good. Not a fan of the alternate though. There isn't really a need for it. I'd also try to make the helmet stripe more like the jersey stripe. 7/10

Because I kept it consistent with the collar, which is the same on each jersey. Blue on the inside with orange on the outside.

Ah, that makes sense.

Moving on to the Big 12. I revamped my presentation style, as you'll notice, making it more compact and, I think, more aesthetically pleasing.

First up is Missouri. I really like their current sleeve piping, so I kept it, as well as replicating it on the pants. I made the gold on the unis match the gold on the helmet, and I put a sublimated tiger head from their logo on the sleeves.

Mizzou.png

Here's Oklahoma State. I tried to mix old and new for these unis. I modernized their classic sleeve and pant striping, adding a bevel that matches their logo. I also got rid of the "Cowboys" on the front of the jersey, changing it to "State" like they had before their current unis. I kept the blackout alt, adding more orange.

OSU.png

Archived