mbannon's College Football Experience

mbannon92

Hey I'm new to the forums and just started watching this thread. Great stuff! I'll give a more detailed critique later. I was wondering if you might post links at the opening of this thread so one could quickly see all the designs from the first page?

Go Cougs.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey I'm new to the forums and just started watching this thread. Great stuff! I'll give a more detailed critique later. I was wondering if you might post links at the opening of this thread so one could quickly see all the designs from the first page?

Done!

I absolutely love the Ole Miss and LSU designs. They're perfect.

After this is all said and done, is there any chance that you might try messing with some schools that already wear Pro Combats?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I absolutely love the Ole Miss and LSU designs. They're perfect.

After this is all said and done, is there any chance that you might try messing with some schools that already wear Pro Combats?

Probably not...I have a couple other projects I want to move on to. Maybe after those though I'll come back and revisit.

So this is the end. These last two SEC teams and I've Pro Combat-ized the BCS conferences. I appreciate everyone who looked and commented, and I must say it's been a lot of fun. I have some football and baseball projects I want to move on to (keep your eyes peeled!), so I'm going to leave this thread for awhile. Afterward, though, I may come back and do the rest of the FBS. That's enough talk though, let's move on to Kentucky and Vandy!

For Kentucky, I wanted to keep the two stripe theme they have going, but I wanted to make them more unique. So I added...CHECKERBOARD! I added a sublimated checker pattern on the helmet, sleeves, and pants, and I think it turned out really well.

Kentucky.png

For Vandy, I did a little research. I always thought that their Cutler-era unis with the single sleeve stripe looked odd, since the helmet had a triple stripe, but via Google Images I found out that the single stripe represented a commodore's badge in the military. So, I added the circle on top to make the look completely accurate. I also used the basketball team's number font, since it's really unique, and added gold pants.Vandy.png

Loving the checkerboard, but unfortunately they just look way too much like the Colts. Vandy is a great set as well, but I'd like to see some number strokes...

Another great series from mbannon92! Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

I absolutley love all these...most of them are what i'd want the teams to look like

the only exceptions are

miami, minnesota, baylor and oregon

other than that the rest are amazing

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

• 2 weeks later...

BUmping this because you need to continue this.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• 1 month later...

I'M BAAAAACK! And now working on all 120 FBS teams! I really missed working on this project, so I decided to finish off the rest of college football (showdown time Brave-Bird happy.gif). I'll continue to go by conference, finishing off the big six, then move on to the independents and the rest of the conferences. I'll post the Nike teams I didn't do, then move on to adidas and Under Armour (sorry Russell, you're gone).

So, backtracking to the ACC, here's Clemson and Virginia.

For Clemson I didn't want to stray from their look too much, but I did want to add some consistency. So I moved the paw from the sleeves to the pants and added a triple stripe to the sleeves. A simple change, but one that I think really enhances their look.

Clemson.png

I think we can all agree that Virginia's new unis were a downgrade, so I wanted to go back to their old look while adding a little flair. The logo is back on the sleeves, and I went back to the orange NOB, which I really liked. Then on the pants I used the sword from the logo as a pants stripe, and personally I think it looks pretty slick.

Virginia2.png

Hmmmmm, interesting stripe for Virginia. I like it! As for Clemson, it is a simple change, but It's a necessary one.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Virginia's pants design looks forced, as do most gigantic logo patterns that people try to execute onto uniform garments in these boards. Other than that, however, both of these look great. I like what you did with Clemson, it's a perfect look for them.

I'd flip the sword so they look like they are "holstered" and the curve of the sword will look more natural

I was thinking the exact same thing. I think that would look great.

As far as Clemson, I love it. Especially the Purple-Orange-Purple pant stripes on the white pants. I think that the Orange-White-Orange just lacks something. The purple gives it a nice pop.

gYH2mW9.png

Archived