mbannon's College Football Experience

mbannon92

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feel free to give more comments on Clemson and Virginia, but I'm gonna post the next two teams now.

I actually just discovered that NC State will have new Techfit unis this upcoming season, and mine are pretty similar. I wanted a simple look that wasn't boring, so added contrasting cuffs and collar, sleeve numbers, and a single pants stripe to match the helmet. The new unis just added sleeve numbers and a Wolfpack wordmark under the collar. The new unis are a definite improvement over these, but I prefer mine.

NCState.png

For Georgia Tech I wanted to go back to their unis from the Calvin Johnson era. I brought back the double sleeve stripes and simplified the pants stripe. On the white and blue jerseys I kept the sleeves gold and the stripes the same color as the gold jersey. I also changed the helmet logo to blue to match the nubmers. And as I said in my first post since coming back to this, Russell is out, and I thought GT seemed more like an Under Armour team than Nike or adidas.

GT.png

Being a sucker for consistency, I'm not a big fan of Tech.

I love the jersey stripe, so why not have it on the pants? And the helmet looks like it could use a stripe as well.

The helmet has been stripeless for awhile, so I wanted to keep it that way. And if I copied the stripe onto the pants I'd get a lot of grief from Georgia fans happy.gif.

So this is the end. These last two SEC teams and I've Pro Combat-ized the BCS conferences. I appreciate everyone who looked and commented, and I must say it's been a lot of fun. I have some football and baseball projects I want to move on to (keep your eyes peeled!), so I'm going to leave this thread for awhile. Afterward, though, I may come back and do the rest of the FBS. That's enough talk though, let's move on to Kentucky and Vandy!

For Kentucky, I wanted to keep the two stripe theme they have going, but I wanted to make them more unique. So I added...CHECKERBOARD! I added a sublimated checker pattern on the helmet, sleeves, and pants, and I think it turned out really well.

Kentucky.png

Just a quick comment on this one, good call! The jerseys they unveiled are fairly similar (yours are way better actually). I'm liking what I'm seeing in this thread, keep it up, really love your Vandy concept, the single stripe and the non-outlined numbers look fantastic.

So this is the end. These last two SEC teams and I've Pro Combat-ized the BCS conferences. I appreciate everyone who looked and commented, and I must say it's been a lot of fun. I have some football and baseball projects I want to move on to (keep your eyes peeled!), so I'm going to leave this thread for awhile. Afterward, though, I may come back and do the rest of the FBS. That's enough talk though, let's move on to Kentucky and Vandy!

For Kentucky, I wanted to keep the two stripe theme they have going, but I wanted to make them more unique. So I added...CHECKERBOARD! I added a sublimated checker pattern on the helmet, sleeves, and pants, and I think it turned out really well.

Just a quick comment on this one, good call! The jerseys they unveiled are fairly similar (yours are way better actually). I'm liking what I'm seeing in this thread, keep it up, really love your Vandy concept, the single stripe and the non-outlined numbers look fantastic.

COPYCATS!

Just kidding, but that's actually pretty sweet. Aside from the double stripes and contrasting sleeves on the road they're exactly the same. I guess I should call Nike up and try to get a job!

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, after a little hiatus I'm back with an update and the rest of the ACC.

When Teambuilder 2012 was released I noticed that all the Under Armour teams have a new template, so using Teambuilder I copied that template and will use it from now on.

Here's the updated Georgia Tech, with very little change.

GT2-1.png

Next up is Boston College. I always thought their helmet would look great with wings on it, so I put wings on it, and I think it looks pretty damn awesome. The uniforms stay pretty basic, and I added black trim to the numbers and pants stripe to tie in with the wings and eagle head logo.

BC2.png

I hate just about everything about Maryland's new uniforms and "brand," so I disregarded them. However, I'm not a fan of their "previous" (2010) uniforms either, and I wanted to use the basketball team's look. I brought in the black and yellow dashed piping (whatever it's called), put the M/flag logo on the helmet, and used the basketball numbers. (And just a note, the helmet would always match the pants.)

Maryland2-1.png

I like the GtT update, except the way the gold goes up on the shoulders on the blue. Just make the shoulder blue or white. For BC, keep the single stripe and put the eagles head on it. Maryland is good except for the red M on the red helmet needs to be white. Overall, you've made some really great concepts so far.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

You stole my BC helmet!

Just playing of course, great minds think a like ;), you did a fantastic job with the Under Armor template, if I decide to revive my Concept thread I'll probably try and recreate that template for paint. Oh and I love what you did with Maryland, the flag striping is executed perfectly.

Georgia Tech looks good, although I'm not so sure about the shoulder yokes for the Navy jersey, I think you should just ditch it and go for the double sleeve stripes.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Get rid of the black Maryland uniform. The first home jersey looks perfect.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

As a BC fan, that is the first time I've seen a helmet logo I like. I would trade the logo-less ones for those.

Please, please, please get rid of the black number outlines though. I was so happy when they went bye-bye. Overall, though, I love it.

Not feeling the shoulder yokes for GaTech, or the way the stripe gets truncated by the pant cut, but other than these three are great! You did a really nice job rendering that template. I actually really, really like the way that jersey cut allows certain designs, but the pants cut kills it all...

Alright, after a little hiatus I'm back with an update and the rest of the ACC.

When Teambuilder 2012 was released I noticed that all the Under Armour teams have a new template, so using Teambuilder I copied that template and will use it from now on.

Here's the updated Georgia Tech, with very little change.

GT2.png

Next up is Boston College. I always thought their helmet would look great with wings on it, so I put wings on it, and I think it looks pretty damn awesome. The uniforms stay pretty basic, and I added black trim to the numbers and pants stripe to tie in with the wings and eagle head logo.

BC2.png

I hate just about everything about Maryland's new uniforms and "brand," so I disregarded them. However, I'm not a fan of their "previous" (2010) uniforms either, and I wanted to use the basketball team's look. I brought in the black and yellow dashed piping (whatever it's called), put the M/flag logo on the helmet, and used the basketball numbers. (And just a note, the helmet would always match the pants.)

Maryland2.png

Im not a big fan of the red helmet for the terps. Maybe if you make the logo white, it will pop out more.

GrizzlyBlack Designs, UDC Firebird

Not feeling the shoulder yokes for GaTech, or the way the stripe gets truncated by the pant cut, but other than these three are great! You did a really nice job rendering that template. I actually really, really like the way that jersey cut allows certain designs, but the pants cut kills it all...

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the pants cut either, and it was a b!tch to make.

I'm considering everyone's suggestions and will have updates up in the near future.

Georgia Tech's blue jersey has been updated. No more yoke. I kept the pants the same because I wasn't liking how the all white set was going to look with the matching pants stripes.

BC stayed the same. Sorry gingerbreadmann, I just didn't like how the numbers looked sans-black with black on the helmet and pants.

The only change to Maryland is a white M on the helmet.

Coming soon is the Big East.

Feel free to continue commenting on the ACC, but I'm moving on to the Big East now.

First up is Pitt. Personally, I think their current unis are pretty boring, so I wanted to spice them up a little. So I'm throwin' it back to the 80s and the Marino Era. I added similar sleeve stripes for the home and road, and for the alt I went with a throwback to please all those who love the royal and yellow athletic gold.

Pitt.png

Nothing much to say on Rutgers. Only change is contrasting collar and cuffs on the blackout.

Rutgers.png

I feel like this is gonna be a major love it or hate it situation. For Syracuse I wanted to mimic the basketball uniformsI put silver numbers on the home and road, and the four stripe pattern on the sleeves and pants. I'm not a huge fan of the helmet, so any suggestions would be nice. And the alt is a Jim Brown Era throwback.

Syracuse.png

And last up for the Nike schools is UConn. Again, I wanted to mimic the basketball unis. This means the UC logo has replaced the C. The C is back. I also added more silver and some red piping down the sides. Personally I really like how these turned out.

UConn2.png

Archived