You Know What I Hate?

habsfannova

when at a football game, the thing i hate most is me cus i wish i was playing. my voice gets hoarse by halftime, guarandateed ^_^

when at a baseball game, i hate when hot girls sit down next to me and get me talkin so much i have no idea a no-hitter's being thrown...wait, the first part's a good thing...okay, i hate that my seat's either metal or dirt :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another thing I can't stand is when sports that don't have cheerleaders traditionally use them (hockey, I'm looking at you).

Actually, in high school hockey (at least in Minnesota), cheerleaders are tradition. Hell, they actually introduce the team's cheerleaders by name at the state championship tournament before they introduce the team members. Before the game and between periods, the cheerleaders are on skates on the ice doing routines and trying to pump the crowd and such. It's odd to me, but around here, it's tradition.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Another thing I can't stand is when sports that don't have cheerleaders traditionally use them (hockey, I'm looking at you).

Actually, in high school hockey (at least in Minnesota), cheerleaders are tradition. Hell, they actually introduce the team's cheerleaders by name at the state championship tournament before they introduce the team members. Before the game and between periods, the cheerleaders are on skates on the ice doing routines and trying to pump the crowd and such. It's odd to me, but around here, it's tradition.

they do the same here too, must be a midwest thing.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I hate ignorant fans, this isn't directed at anybody on the message board. At my school, we have the dumbest sports fans I have ever met. One kid boasts how he is a diehard steeler fan and yet he can't name 10 players on their team. Also, he says he is 1% Browns fan, you can't be a Browns and Steelers fan if you are a true fan. I also can't stand people with 10 different teams, one could likes Arizona, Oregon, Duke, North Carolina and a bunch of other teams that I don't need to go into. I don't mind it if you like 1 or 2 teams or have a American League team and a National League team, its the people who like so many different teams you can't keep track of who they like.

duke-white-sm.gifcavs2-sm.gifyankees2-sm.gifga-sm.gif

duke.gif

brownsSig.gif

I hate when the goal horn comes on. Why would you notify people that they scored if they are already watching the game?

Think...does the goal horn go on after the VISTING team scores? No. It gets the crowd pumped, gets noise up in the building, which in turn gets the fans more into the game, and thus gets the players themselves more into the game. The goal horn is magical. Plus each team has it's own horn/song/cheer after a goal that makes it's building unique...just ask BrassBonanza over there. :D

A tradition I wish Hartford's current hockey team had continued... :cry:

What really frosts me is when people wear a rival team's jersey to their home team's games - and the rival isn't even playing! I saw a Red Sox-Tampa Bay game on TV the other day and this one guy in the Monster seats was wearing a Yankees jersey! :cursing: It's OK to root for your team, but do it when you can see them there!

Another thing I can't stand is when sports that don't have cheerleaders traditionally use them (hockey, I'm looking at you). Sure, I like the eye candy as much as the next guy (and Hartford's got some honeys on their dance team), but really, what is their purpose? You've already got the Jumbotron egging the crowd on ("NOISE!!!!"), music blaring over the PA system, and mascots roaming the stands. What about the GAME?

LET'S GO WHALERS!!! Ahh, Brassbonanza is the greatest song ever. But a common misconecption. Bonanza wasn't used after a goal all the time. Threw the 80's until about 1990, it was used to signal a goal, but from 1991 until 1997 (there last game :cry:) it was used when they came onto the ice. "Ladies and Gentlemen, here are your HARTFORD WHALERS!!! BA BA BA BA-BA-BA-BA-BA!!!

To listen to it go here: BrassBonanza

Click on "Audio"

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

ahh yes, Brass Bonanza! A signal of Whalers hockey forever. I'm suprised the WolfPack hasn't gotten the ok from the state of Connecticut to use the logo. At least, play a new version of Brass Bonanza.

As for a goal horn, if its unique go for it. In San Jose we use an actual fog horn, it was the first such to be installed indoors. Yesterday, they tell over the PA for people inside the arena prtion to go out onto the concourse because when it's empty the Fog Horn is TOO loud inside the Tank when testing.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

ahh yes, Brass Bonanza! A signal of Whalers hockey forever. I'm suprised the WolfPack hasn't gotten the ok from the state of Connecticut to use the logo. At least, play a new version of Brass Bonanza.

As for a goal horn, if its unique go for it. In San Jose we use an actual fog horn, it was the first such to be installed indoors. Yesterday, they tell over the PA for people inside the arena prtion to go out onto the concourse because when it's empty the Fog Horn is TOO loud inside the Tank when testing.

I'd hate to hear the horns in Dallas, Detoit or Ottawa with empty arenas then. Their horns are already pretty damn loud!

Of course, I'd love to play the Anaheim horn in a big empty glass building.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I think it's more that the Rangers want nothing to do with Whaler history rather than the state giving them the OK, but I may be wrong.

A new version of BB is like New Coke. You can try it, but it's just plain wrong. :D

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

I hate puck bunnies.

They are (normally teenage) girls who go to (normally junior) hockey games just to look at and talk about how cute or hot certain players are they know little about hockey. Some of them are known to provide sexual favors to players after games.

However, I love the true story of one local puckbunny. She is a snobby rich bitch who lives on the street over from me. (I can see her house from my window.) She has no hesitations about backstabbing anyone. She is extremely talkative and would never shut up. She has season tickets and knows jack squat about hockey. She was hired at a local supermarket purely because her mother has connections. Customers complained because she wouldn't stop talking about stuff at the checkout line. But one night she called in sick from work, and went to the hockey game where she ran into her boss. She was canned. All the friends she backstabbed never let her forget that.

champssig2.png

I'd hate to hear the horns in Dallas, Detoit or Ottawa with empty arenas then.  Their horns are already pretty damn loud!

Of course, I'd love to play the Anaheim horn in a big empty glass building.

You know if you build a greenhouse, get a file with the Anaheim horn and a stereo system that kicks butt, you wish will come true.....

I saw, I came, I left.

(I can see her house from my window.)

how's the view? eh? eh?

I can only see the south end of her house. It's mostly obscured by trees and the house across the street.

However, if I could see in her window, it would be worth the view. :)

champssig2.png

after the game 5 clincher against st louis, I blasted the sharks goal horn that Puckguy ripped for me onto a CD from my car while pulling out of the San Pedro Street parking garage. while waiting in traffic, all the other people waiting were chiming in with the trademark HEY! along with it

The goal horn is AWESOME! Completely awesome, appropriate, and should never die.

ALL - I hate that they play the Charge revelry or the Lets Go Team Name chant every time there is a bad call. I'M BOOING, DAMMIT!

And replays. PLEASE replay everythign good, bad, and otherwise. Makes me wish sometimes I was at home, watching on TV, at least I'd get to see the damn play.

NHL - Why do they feel compelled to go 'live to the crowd' for some stupid game every single break. Long breaks, between period, etc, go for it. But EVERY icing call doesn't need a contest between it.

MLB - I like most of the stuff at a ball game, especially now at ballparks with huge boards, where they can show you all the stats you want to know. I am annoyed how much people get up and down, but thats par for the course. I really hate NEVER gettign a damn foul ball!

NFL - Horrible on the replays. Just terrible

Oh, and ALL need better beer, at better prices!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I hate ignorant fans, this isn't directed at anybody on the message board. At my school, we have the dumbest sports fans I have ever met. One kid boasts how he is a diehard steeler fan and yet he can't name 10 players on their team.

i think i posted something similar on the old board a while back, replace 'Steelers' with 'Cowboys' and you got my cousin. couldn't name anyone then, nowadays you can ask her and she'll tell ya...Randy Moss <_<

i mean, really. i think i'll just get her a one-way ticket to Dallas when she turns 18 and tell her it's a two way :D

maybe she can learn some player names then

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Is is true that the little portable fog-horns that you blow into to make a sound are illegal at The Tank?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I hate how too many minor-league teams market most of their in-game promotions to kids. It's really bad at baseball games. The adults are the ones paying for the tickets, but the kids are walking away with freebies. Maybe I would like a free T-shirt now and then. But the team stry too hard to gets kids to scream real loud, jump up and down in front of me when I just want to watch the game. Between periods at hockey, this inflatable blimp comes around dropping tickets. Kids run all over the place, climbing over people, fighting for a ticket that ands up being a coupon for a free car wash. Any time kids try to climb over me I tell them to find another row.

The funniest thing I saw happened at a hockey game. It was a small crowd, and a puck went into the stands. It landed right in front of two older guys with beers. One guy was standing, and he bends down to pick up the puck, when this fat little plop comes running full speed from a sction over. The kid slams into the guy's leg and tries to push him out of the way to get the puck. The guy starts to wobble, then "discretely" pours his beer over the kid. It was funny how he made it look like the force of the kid into his leg caused him to spill his beer. Unfortunately the man was asked to leave right after that. Most of the adults in my section thought the guy was right. The kid got what he deserved by being pushy with the free puck.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I hear that. I wouldn't have tried to disguise it...but it would be a waste of an expensive beer. alot of minor league teams try to market more towards families, and as such, to children. I don't like it much either. Here we have the Dogders aded tot eh intercounty baseball league,a nd you get a free item fromt eh snack bar if you return a foul ball (its REAL small time operation) you wouldn't believe some of the things that the kids will do to get those balls

Archived