2011 NASCAR Sprint Cup Season

NEW.ERA

I will agree with you on that point to an extent Lights Out, but you have to think Gibbs equipment and Logano reaching his full potential will get him in to the Elite sooner rather then later.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Logano has to win on a consitant basis to even have me think of him as a threat... to do anything besides call out Delana Harvick. Sure he had a nice run at the end of last year, but that was last year. Rutty-man is one of those drivers who will win a race or so a year, but nothing more. He kind of reminds me of Ricky Rudd, never a serious threat to win it all, but guarenteed a win a year. Oh and there has never been an exciting year in F1, so to blame Schumacher for winning is wrong, blame the sport for it's rules that aren't competitive.

I will agree with you on that point to an extent Lights Out, but you have to think Gibbs equipment and Logano reaching his full potential will get him in to the Elite sooner rather then later.

Even with Waltrip equipment, Reutimann was consistently in the mix on raceday last season. Granted, he'll have to take the next step and develop that killer instinct to close out a race, but considering his improvement in the past two seasons, I could definitely see him in the Chase this season. (He also needs to piss off Kyle Busch more often, because the time he owned Cryle at Kansas Speedway last season was great. But that's besides the point.)

As for Logano, I could go either way on him. He could be in the Chase next year, but he hasn't really impressed me. He needs to rein in his attitude ("DeLana wears the firesuit in the family"? Really?) and stop racking up DNF's if he wants to take the next step.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Even with Waltrip equipment, Reutimann was consistently in the mix on raceday last season. Granted, he'll have to take the next step and develop that killer instinct to close out a race, but considering his improvement in the past two seasons, I could definitely see him in the Chase this season. (He also needs to piss off Kyle Busch more often, because the time he owned Cryle at Kansas Speedway last season was great. But that's besides the point.)

As for Logano, I could go either way on him. He could be in the Chase next year, but he hasn't really impressed me. He needs to rein in his attitude ("DeLana wears the firesuit in the family"? Really?) and stop racking up DNF's if he wants to take the next step.

The funny thing about Reutimann is that when he got pissed off at Kyle for what Kyle said about him at Bristol, Kyle didn't say anything bad. Kyle just stated that when David learns to drive Bristol he won't be following Kyle. Reutimann needs to focus on himself more than he does Kyle. It's why I don't see anyone knocking off JJ this year or anytime soon. JJ does not focus on the competition, but rather on what he can do. He as someone pointed out yesterday on some show I was watching, elevates everyone around him. None and I mean none of the other drivers in the garage can focus on themselves and their team, they are too worried about what such and such a driver is doing. Throw on tip of that, none of them can elevate anyone around them.

Kentucky has a Sprint Cup race now? Wow... You know, if Kentucky can get one, why not Iowa? Come on, NASCAR. You gave Iowa a 2nd Nationwide race this upcoming season. Time to give the boys in Newton a chance to see the big leagues.

Agreed. I love Iowa time to knock a Pocono date off and make it a Saturday night race in June at Iowa.

Or get rid of either of those idiotic road course races.

You take that back :P

In all seriousness, though, I love Watkins Glen. Runs like a speedway but with all the technicality of a road course

Also, switching the scheme from red to black makes Harvick's car look so badass. Can't wait to see that on the track this weekend

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Agreed. I love Iowa time to knock a Pocono date off and make it a Saturday night race in June at Iowa.

Install land mines and gatling guns rigged to fire randomly from some of the light towers at a couple of the cookie cutter speedways, and you have a deal.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Are you kidding? I think there should be more road courses in order to mix it up a bit.

NASCAR is four left turns. Period. B)

BB52Big.jpg

It would be difficult for Pocono to lose one of its races due to its proximity to the New York and Philadelphia television markets, but dwindling fan interest could change this perspective. Additionally, in reviewing the 2011 Sprint Cup Series Schedule, I can envision Pocono losing the June race to Iowa in the future:

June 5: Kansas

June 12: Pocono (Iowa)

June 19: Michigan

June 25: Infineon

July 31: Indianapolis

August 7: Pocono

August 14: Watkins Glen

August 21: Michigan

Get rid of Kansas, Chicago, Kentucky, Texas and then add Mid-Ohio, Road America, Portland, and Laguna Seca.

Take out Texas, add Loudon, and I'm down with this. Also make sure there's at least 1 roadie in the chase.

Is anyone gonna make a league on ESPN.con stock car challenge or sould I start one tonight.

You start it and I'll join it.

Join the ESPN Stock Car Challenge CCSLC Racing League

http://games.espn.go.com/stock-car-challenge/en/group?groupID=5759

Password logos

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived