2011 NASCAR Sprint Cup Season

NEW.ERA

Fox is using it's NFL on Fox intro music for the Budweiser Shootout. Wonder if we'll see new graphics.

Yeah Speed's been using the new Fox Sports graphics all weekend and Fox is doing the same

Oh, and two thoughts speaking of which

1. They better switch to these graphics for baseball. No more FSN graphics

2. This is why having the same theme song for every sport on your network sucks. I called it in October, but the NFL on Fox theme song is extremely out of place for NASCAR

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rainmaker17 Jayski has all your Nascar needs including all the Paint Schemes.

Also Speedweeks got kicked off tonight with the Bud Shootout, not the most competitive of races but most Shootouts aren't lately. Kurt Busch picks up the win and I'm sure the Duels will be much better on Thursday.

Daytona 500 Pole Qualifying is tomorrow afternoon.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Also Speedweeks got kicked off tonight with the Bud Shootout, not the most competitive of races but most Shootouts aren't lately. Kurt Busch picks up the win and I'm sure the Duels will be much better on Thursday.

And Junior gets it. Cue the conspiracy theories.

BB52Big.jpg

If Junior wins one of the duels and the 500, then I'll start wondering.

Blind squirrel finds nut?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Well i'm very much happy with Little E and Gordon sitting on the front row, both need a good boost of confidence to start the season off and I hope both do well come Sunday.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

My family and I used to be huge NASCAR fans...to the point where we would get together every Sunday and watch races. My one uncle even ran a fantasy league for us and did the scoring and everything himself. Then after '01, it seemed like all of us stopped watching at the same time. For awhile I used to just watch Daytona/Talladega/Bristol, but now I don't watch at all. I don't know what it is. I think it's a combo of the overhaul of NASCAR's image (for the worse), changing the name from Winston Cup (which is what it'll always be known by to me), and Jeff Gordon not doing a thing since 2001, although the stupid Chase cost him another title a few years ago.

Another thing that bothers me is all of these new cookie cutter tracks that all race so freaking boring. Las Vegas was fine, but then you add Kansas/Chicagoland/Kentucky and it just gets so freaking redundant. I miss tracks that had some character to them and were different from the others. North Wilkesboro, Rockingham, and Nazareth come to mind. I would love to see some more original tracks pop up, be it through construction or moving to a smaller place. I would kill to see another restrictor plate speedway built. That's why I was against getting rid of a Darlington race and am still against getting rid of a Pocono race. I just hate seeing two races at tracks like California/Michigan/Vegas/etc. that eventually put me to sleep after watching for awhile.

sig_gai.png

warriorbannerssmall.png

I've never been a Junior fan, but I do really want to see him succeed this year. It's really a make-or-break season for him and he's had so much pressure on him since the move to Hendrick. Like him or hate him, it's good for the sport when Junior is winning races.

Plus his Amp scheme is among the top 5 best looking in the series. So clean:

nascarcup-2011-day-eg-0199.jpg

A few more thoughts on Speedweeks so far:

• No, I don't think the France family is rigging the sport for Jr. It's Daytona qualifying, where the engine means 80%, aero means about 15% and driver means 5% (if that.) Hendrick has always been strong there.

• The 2-car breakaway drafts are really interesting. Ryan Newman said "That was the most unexpected race I've ever been a part of." after the Shootout. Earnhardt Jr. said, "This is ridiculous as s---." over the radio during the Shootout. Cars can get up over 205mph in the 2-car draft, blowing by other cars by over 15mph at some points. Gonna be a very intersting 500.

• Love to see Trevor Bayne take one home for the Wood Bros. after a stellar qualifying run.

Daytona & Bristol are the only two tracks I watch when it comes to Sprint Cup (more of a F1 fan when it comes to motorsports), so of course I'm taking an interest in this fortnight @ Daytona. Saw the highlights of the Bud Shootout, and yeah, the 500's gonna be outrageous if the Shootout was any indication. That was the weirdest Daytona race I've ever seen.

Granted, I only saw the video twice (and I am a Hamlin fan) but did Hamlin really "pass" below the yellow line to lose to Busch?

The rule is written that if you "advance your position" by going below the yellow line (which Hamlin did to get by Ryan Newman) you must give back the position. He did not (because the race ended) therefore he was disqualified.

Archived