Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

So since it got lost in all of the douchebaggery, I'll repost this since I was kind of hoping for a reaction from people since there had been so much red helmet vs white helmet discussion.

Not sure what relocation has to do with a new uniform....

I don't know if this was mentioned because I kind of stopped paying attention once all the "Bills are moving!!" - "no they're not!!!" - "yes they are!!" garbage started, but it was confirmed on Uniwatch that the new helmet will be white, and that there will be at least a little navy in the mix.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So since it got lost in all of the douchebaggery, I'll repost this since I was kind of hoping for a reaction from people since there had been so much red helmet vs white helmet discussion.

Not sure what relocation has to do with a new uniform....

I don't know if this was mentioned because I kind of stopped paying attention once all the "Bills are moving!!" - "no they're not!!!" - "yes they are!!" garbage started, but it was confirmed on Uniwatch that the new helmet will be white, and that there will be at least a little navy in the mix.

I don't like the idea of moving away from the red helmet. Some guys are saying "the logo doesn't show up on the red helmet". What? the logo is basically the size of the helmet itself (the massive size of it is one of my favorite things about it). How does that not show up?

Before they added 19 stripes and navy without changing the logo color, they had one of the better helmets in the NFL.

I can deal with a white helmet (if they don't *uck it up, which can easily be accomplished by doing any of the following things: gray facemask (or any facemask not blue), over-striping, messing with the logo's colors, failing to match the helmet striping to the pants). That said, the red helmet will go into my personal favorite graveyard along with the Bengals 97-03 uniforms, Seahawks royal blue and kelly, and the Stan Humphreys era Chargers uniforms.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I still think they should've gone with my red helmet/blue shirt/red pants/blue socks idea. It really would've popped!

I could get behind that. It would be unique, but also hold elements of traditional football uniform bracketing, like the Packers uniforms.

lighter color A helmet - darker color B jersey - lighter color A pants - darker color B socks.

It's why the Eagles uniforms worked when they wore their black jerseys with their green pants.

eaglesblackjerseygreenpants.jpg

But I'm just a guy who thinks the Texans full time uniforms should be blue helmet, red jersey, blue pants, red socks.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I still think they should've gone with my red helmet/blue shirt/red pants/blue socks idea. It really would've popped!

I could get behind that. It would be unique, but also hold elements of traditional football uniform bracketing, like the Packers uniforms.

lighter color A helmet - darker color B jersey - lighter color A pants - darker color B socks.

It's why the Eagles uniforms worked when they wore their black jerseys with their green pants.

But I'm just a guy who thinks the Texans full time uniforms should be blue helmet, red jersey, blue pants, red socks.

See, I'd call that Eagles look something to avoid, not emulate. Color explosions just wash everything out - not much better than monochrome when you load up a uniform with similar grayscales.

See, I'd call that Eagles look something to avoid, not emulate. Color explosions just wash everything out - not much better than monochrome when you load up a uniform with similar grayscales.

Do you feel the same way about these?

Rose964.jpg

TCU-wins-Rose-Bowl.jpg

Is it that the Eagles colors are just too dark to go with each other because I don't think red and blue would have that same problem.

PvO6ZWJ.png

After all, it's "Top of the Muffin To You", not "Top of the Muffin... TO YOU!" :D

(Please tell me someone gets that reference.)

Ha ... Elaine, on Seinfeld :grin: ..... almost as good as 'GET OUT!!! . . . NO SOUP FOR YOU'!!

muffin+top.jpg

Here's a quick photoshop of the Bills with red pants and blue socks

thurman.png

I think it looks really good.

In my head the idea sounded horrible, but damn, that that does look good.

Personally I am not feeling it. A darker blue and red could work but these are just a bit garish.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Is it that the Eagles colors are just too dark to go with each other because I don't think red and blue would have that same problem.

Red and blue have similar grayscales, which causes no end of confusion for people trying to colorize old photos. That's the major issue I have with the idea.

Here's a quick photoshop of the Bills with red pants and blue socks

thurman.png

I think it looks really good.

In my head the idea sounded horrible, but damn, that that does look good.

Personally I am not feeling it. A darker blue and red could work but these are just a bit garish.

I agree. Im fact, I have had the though before of combining red pants with a navy jersey, and even with the darker jerseys it didn't work out in my head. I think red is too bold of a color to serve as a heavily used secondary color, as it would be if the red pants were paired with a blue jersey.

And maybe it is because my local little league football team had almost those exact uniforms except for a white helmet, but the blue jersey-red pants look is cheap to me. It looks like a picture you would see on a TV in a Best Buy ad.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Red and blue have similar grayscales, which causes no end of confusion for people trying to colorize old photos. That's the major issue I have with the idea.

That's true, but would this be a concern in 2011 and beyond? The NY Rangers and Pistons have had no trouble wearing lots of royal and red together with white as the tertiary color. I think the Bills could make it work, especially seeing it on a real player instead of just a concept template.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That's true, but would this be a concern in 2011 and beyond? The NY Rangers and Pistons have had no trouble wearing lots of royal and red together with white as the tertiary color. I think the Bills could make it work, especially seeing it on a real player instead of just a concept template.

You can't really compare the Pistons/Rangers colors to Bills red/blue concept.

Background of the playing field, either on ice or on a basketball court makes a big difference.

Red/blue on a green football field just wouldn't work.

Archived