Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic news! Now my team will only play like crap instead of looking like it.

Now, now.

I'm not getting too excited just yet.

They could find a way to :censored: this up too, unless they re-do the white helmet uniform of the early 80s.

bufg.png

Throwbacks with modern logo? We can hope.

Indeed.

Also, I would love it if, during the unveiling, someone starts it with "What the hell were we thinking? Seriously?"

((( SPIDER-SENSE TINGLING )))

I get the feeling they're sticking the current logo on a white helmet, going with the current throwbacks from the shoulders on down, and calling it a day. Which, if they do, would be so...predictable.

Predictable? Yes. An improvement? Yes. The Bills uniforms are so bad that, in my opinion, boring and predictable is a very welcome change.

Agreed. Just about anything is an improvement over what the Bills have now, no matter how simple or bland. That said, I'll take the Kelly-era logo on a white helmet any day. I think nickel can work, but it's good to hear that they're going with just one blue from now on.

BTW, didn't the Bills once wear the charging Buffalo helmet on white sometimes in the 1970s or 1980s?

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Just watch, Buffalo will go back to their Jim Kelly-era uniforms and disappoint is all, sort of like that hockey team of theirs did recently. I'd rather see the Bills debut something a little more original rather than just wearing their 1960s throwbacks full-time.

6uXNWAo.png

Just a thought but why would the Bills organization and Reebok agree to put in the time and resources into producing a new uniform with only one more year on the Reebok league contract? It seems like a waste of time on Reebok's part, and then Nike is going to be handed with Reebok's designs in 2012 (much in the same aspect that Reebok inherited Nike's Bronco design).

Fantastic news! Now my team will only play like crap instead of looking like it.

Nice. Made me laugh.

But what if the unthinkable happens? What if they unveil these things and somehow they're...

...worse than what they have now? :shocked::shocked:

While unlikely, it is possible, at least in theory.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I love it. I hope they stick with a red helmet as that is what the Buffalo Bills look like to me, but I think we're probably going to get a white helmet. Either way, anything is better than their current uniforms which are in my opinion the worst uniforms in NFL history.

Wait, whats wrong with the Bengals uniforms?

The number font

the side stripe

the orange yoke on the white jersey that doesn't match anything

the pants stripe

the vastly different cuts between players on the same team

the orange stripes on a black background on the orange and white jerseys (not tiger accurate)

the B logo on the front

Did I miss anything?

bascially, from the neck down the Bengals uniforms are terrible, and I'm a Bengals fan.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Isn't it NFL Properties that controls the bless-off on team identities and whatnot? If so, I wouldn't think it'd matter one iota whether it's Reebok or Nike (or whatever company they might outsource some work to) producing the uniforms.

Also, if this site was Twitter (which by the way I know nothing about), I'd bet this would be the most popular trending topic right now. Watch this thread blow up over the course of the rest of this day.

#BillsUnveilNewUniforms

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I love it. I hope they stick with a red helmet as that is what the Buffalo Bills look like to me, but I think we're probably going to get a white helmet. Either way, anything is better than their current uniforms which are in my opinion the worst uniforms in NFL history.

The number font

the side stripe

the pants stripe

the orange stripes on a black background on the orange and white jerseys (not tiger accurate)

the B logo on the front

Did I miss anything?

bascially, from the neck down the Bengals uniforms are terrible, and I'm a Bengals fan.

ah

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

The number font

the side stripe

the pants stripe

the B logo on the front

Did I miss anything?

Overlapping nameplate.

Orange alternate jerseys.

Gimmicky helmet.

6uXNWAo.png

The number font

the side stripe

the pants stripe

the B logo on the front

Did I miss anything?

bascially, from the neck inside the helmet down the Bengals uniforms are terrible, and I'm a Bengals fan.

Corrected.

The number font

the side stripe

the pants stripe

the B logo on the front

Did I miss anything?

Overlapping nameplate.

Orange alternate jerseys.

Gimmicky helmet.

The nameplates bug the :censored: out of me. As for the orange jerseys, well tigers are orange so that's a good fit and you can't really call the helmet "gimmicky" when it's 30th birthday is coming up next fall. It may have started out gimmicky, but it's time tested and has stuck around through two uniform changes and will probably survive the next uniform change. That's one of the marks of good design. Fun fact, there are only 6 longer running unchanged helmets in the NFL.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived