Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

The only helmet that can be improved with a grey facemask is the Patriots'. The red facemask is so garish. It makes the whole helmet look like some cheap toy. But even with that, they could just as easily use navy blue instead and deftly bypass the whole grey facemask thing.

I know some people don't like the Redskins' facemask. I suppose it could be either burgundy like the helmet or be left alone. It doesn't bother me too much. It's just the Redskins.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what many insiders are leaking, this is as close as it gets to what they're going to be:

FreddyNewUniFULL.png

The helmet appears to have a nickel outline. I thought they were dropping the nickel? Also, the graphic of the helmet logo doesn't include a cut off stroke/outline, such that if you "fill" the outline, the area around the red motion blur should be nickel on the helmet, not white.

What little navy I'm seeing on it seems like BFBS, only navy instead of black. As are most of us, I'm anxiously awaiting the unveiling, and will judge the uniform then.

I just hope they don't go monochrome with it!

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

The only helmet that can be improved with a grey facemask is the Patriots'. The red facemask is so garish. It makes the whole helmet look like some cheap toy. But even with that, they could just as easily use navy blue instead and deftly bypass the whole grey facemask thing.

I know some people don't like the Redskins' facemask. I suppose it could be either burgundy like the helmet or be left alone. It doesn't bother me too much. It's just the Redskins.

While I agree the red facemask looks pretty ridiculous on the Patriots, a silver/gray facemask wouldn't look much better. I think navy would be the best choice for the Patriots. And I actually really the yellow facemask for Washington, especially now since they are wearing the yellow pants more often.

The supposedly new Bills uniform looks pretty good, it looks amazing when compared to the old set though. But I do agree with Lights Out and BBTV, in that they took the easy way out with this one. I like classic/traditional uniforms as much as the next guy (unless the next guy is Lights Out, then I like them a little more) but you can have a well thought out and good looking modern uniform.

jNTsTyQ.png

I guess the problem with 'contemporary' uniforms is when they don't seem to pay full respect to the traditions of the team. (Personally, as anachronistic as it might be, I'd still prefer to see tte Patriots in red jerseys, and the Broncos in orange (thank you Broncos!)

The current Bills unis don't respect the traditions of the franchise and so look bad. If they kept them for 20 years, they might begin to look ok. Sports design is not just about aesthetics, the look has to come close to what the viewer is expecting to see for a particular team and sport.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

While I agree the red facemask looks pretty ridiculous on the Patriots, a silver/gray facemask wouldn't look much better.

I agree with the Pats statement Chuck...gray facemasks is what they originally sported when they switched to their current Flying Elvis logo in the 90s. I think they switched to a red facemask after the first year.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

I actually really like the red facemask on the Patriots. I really think it helps add a little color to an otherwise drab color pallet.

I also like yellow for the Redskins, and really don't understand the hate for it. Burgundy would be too dark, white would be too ugly, and gray, while it wouldn't look bad, isn't one of their colors.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The red facemask is really polarizing. There are quite a few people around here (me included) who really like it. I can't explain why, but it might actually be my favorite part of their uniforms. I also love the yellow on the Redskins and hate the gray that the Cardinals use (but love the gray that the Browns use).

I'm really hoping the Bills don't go with gray because I will always look at it and wish it was blue.

The red facemask is really polarizing. There are quite a few people around here (me included) who really like it. I can't explain why, but it might actually be my favorite part of their uniforms. I also love the yellow on the Redskins and hate the gray that the Cardinals use (but love the gray that the Browns use).

I'm really hoping the Bills don't go with gray because I will always look at it and wish it was blue.

I'm with you on the Browns. The gray facemask goes against everything I believe in, but it just looks so damn good with the orange and brown.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I actually really like the red facemask on the Patriots. I really think it helps add a little color to an otherwise drab color pallet.

I also like yellow for the Redskins, and really don't understand the hate for it. Burgundy would be too dark, white would be too ugly, and gray, while it wouldn't look bad, isn't one of their colors.

This.

Although face masks really aren't a huge deal I think they actually play a major part in the above uniforms. Patriots without red face masks = totally boring and bland IMO.

Why do you think that a burgundy facemask would be too dark? Do the other teams (Bears, Steelers, Vikings) that wear a dark facemask on the same color helmet look to dark?

I think a burgaundy facemask would look great on the Redskins. That, and removing the two white stripes would update and upgrade that helmet IMHO.

+1. The red facemask really is the best choice. A gray or navy one would look really bland, and at this point, would look high school-ish.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived