Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

Gold is huge in Packers merchandise. Even things which are primarily green tend to be liberally sprinkled with it.

But I admit they're a special case. And even the Packers contemplated a switch to navy, albeit at the very beginning of the merchandising boom.

Same thing with the Steelers (funny little coincidence)...but then, that's a Pittsburgh thing in general. (It also happens to be one of my favorite colors, possibly the reason I got suckered into buying so many t-shirts and terrible towels while I was living there.)

Going back to the Bills, Goth made an excellent point (that has since been expounded on) in regards to any future Bills merch possibly being primarily navy. Dark colors sell (and if anyone questions owners' motives in regards to that, ask the guy who owns the Marlins, and he'll "tell you what sells"). Now people like myself are just as soon drawn to brighter colors--but then, I'm pretty damn dark-skinned, so I can wear bright colors and get away with it :P . I wouldn't expect very many light- or white-skinned people to think bright orange or blue (or kelly green) looks good on them with regular ol' blue jeans or khakis. But that's just my own opinion.

This makes me laugh because I'm a white guy and I went to American Eagle yesterday and bought a bright orange shirt, then a bright blue shirt. :/

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gold is huge in Packers merchandise. Even things which are primarily green tend to be liberally sprinkled with it.

But I admit they're a special case. And even the Packers contemplated a switch to navy, albeit at the very beginning of the merchandising boom.

Same thing with the Steelers (funny little coincidence)...but then, that's a Pittsburgh thing in general. (It also happens to be one of my favorite colors, possibly the reason I got suckered into buying so many t-shirts and terrible towels while I was living there.)

Going back to the Bills, Goth made an excellent point (that has since been expounded on) in regards to any future Bills merch possibly being primarily navy. Dark colors sell (and if anyone questions owners' motives in regards to that, ask the guy who owns the Marlins, and he'll "tell you what sells"). Now people like myself are just as soon drawn to brighter colors--but then, I'm pretty damn dark-skinned, so I can wear bright colors and get away with it :P . I wouldn't expect very many light- or white-skinned people to think bright orange or blue (or kelly green) looks good on them with regular ol' blue jeans or khakis. But that's just my own opinion.

This makes me laugh because I'm a white guy and I went to American Eagle yesterday and bought a bright orange shirt, then a bright blue shirt. :/

What are you, a closet Boise State fan? :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Hahahahaha!

Another team is the nationals, whose entire theme is "get your red on" or copying the capitals saying "rock the red" but most of their merch is blue. If I was to get a nats jersey/shirt thingy this summer, id probably get red, but many will get blue

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Hahahahaha!

Another team is the nationals, whose entire theme is "get your red on" or copying the capitals saying "rock the red" but most of their merch is blue. If I was to get a nats jersey/shirt thingy this summer, id probably get red, but many will get blue

The Springfield Cardinals (AA) used "Get Your Red On" for the 2 seasons (2007-08) prior to the Nationals using it.

Hope so. Royal seems to be the color that will distinguish them from a sea of navy teams

People talk about navy being used way too much, but just thinking, it's not like every team uses it. The Chargers, Patriots, Bears, Broncos, Texans, and Rams. Compared to the number of teams that wear a lighter blue which are Lions, Colts, Jags (kinda), Titans, Seahawks, and Giants.

That being said, I do hope they go with a lighter blue and ditch the navy altogether. Is their logo navy or lighter blue? I feel like it makes no sense if it's lighter with their current set.

Seahawks = darkish grey/blue color

Jags = teal--NOT blue

Titans = powder & NAVY

Lions = Honolulu blue

So, once the Bills go back to ROYAL, it'll really only be Buffalo, Indianapolis and NYG with Royal blue unis.

..continuing:

BuffaloBillsBlue_9999_SOL_SRGB.pngIndianapolisColtsBlue_9999_SOL_SRGB.pngNewYorkGiantsBlue_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

For the record, I think that "Seahawks Blue" as it appears here (previous post) is WAY too dark. However, that's how Reebok has defined it in RGB...

Whereas I understand the whole navy is more fashionable than royal, I'd argue that merchandise doesn't have to only be royal/red if that ends up being the Bills color scheme. It's completely acceptable (and quite popular) to have black or navy or grey incorporated into fashion merchandise even if it's not part of the actual uniform.

I love the UW Huskies but wouldn't wear a purple sweatshirt on a regular basis. I have a navy one with yellow UW. Colors are more Michigan than UW but it's fashion and looks great.

Maybe when Nike comes in, they'll finally move the sleeve stripes to the compression shirts, like I've been saying for years.

You know that a great portion (possibly the vast majority of) the team isn't going to wear undersleeves, so why would you want to open that can of worms. If you want stripes on the biceps, you need to mandate a tight elbow length sleeve on the jersey, which is absolutely possible with today's stretch/compression materials.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Maybe when Nike comes in, they'll finally move the sleeve stripes to the compression shirts, like I've been saying for years.

You know that a great portion (possibly the vast majority of) the team isn't going to wear undersleeves, so why would you want to open that can of worms. If you want stripes on the biceps, you need to mandate a tight elbow length sleeve on the jersey, which is absolutely possible with today's stretch/compression materials.

Plus it's going to cause all kinds of problems when it comes to selling replicas and "authentics." Do you sell the compression shirts too?

Plus it's going to cause all kinds of problems when it comes to selling replicas and "authentics." Do you sell the compression shirts too?

If people gon' be dumb enough to drop guap on them, then hell yeah.

And when it comes to siphoning dollars outta fans' wallets, NFL Properties is the ultimate hustler.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Mandate that everyone wears the compression undersleeves, and sell traditional jersey cuts for civilians. Call it the "Nike Pro FANatic" edition or something.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Agree with Gothamite. This is near perfection. Bolts all the same, all on white. The only thing I may suggest is changing the numeral outline from yellow to the dark blue/black that outlines the bolts.

perfectcharger.jpg

What are those weird things hanging off their shoulders? Are...are those...sleeves?

Mandate that everyone wears the compression undersleeves, and sell traditional jersey cuts for civilians. Call it the "Nike Pro FANatic" edition or something.

You know, that may be doable. Most players don't wanna wear socks at all (they mostly don't in college) but the NFL mandates a knee length sock for absolutely no other reason but aesthetics (if you know a "competative" reason for them, please correct me), so undersleeves could work the same way. Fan authentics (which, as we all know, aren't authentic) could have the undersleeve permanatly attached.

But if you want to add a rule (or uniform requirement that isn't already part of the rulebook), it must be agreed to by the players' union. In my honest opinion, I think that would go over as smoothly as sandpaper on silk right now.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

But if you want to add a rule (or uniform requirement that isn't already part of the rulebook), it must be agreed to by the players' union. In my honest opinion, I think that would go over as smoothly as sandpaper on silk right now.

Mmm, you might be right, but I wonder. Is the uniform code really part of collective bargining? If so, it isn't a part that's talked about much!

Mmm, you might be right, but I wonder. Is the uniform code really part of collective bargining? If so, it isn't a part that's talked about much!

Not sure if uniform codes would be specified in there, but what you can be fined for and how much the fines are certainly is in there, so a general "uniform violation" offense may be in there.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived