Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

Amen, not sure why he used the term "crap" to describe the Bills' previous alternate uni. Crap perfectly fits the Jim Kelly and Drew Bledsoe era uni's. I think the Kelly era is a perfect example of how a certain color combination can look horrible for one team (Bills).....

thurman_thomas--nfl_large_580_1000.jpg

These were beautiful. It's still the best uniform the Bills have ever worn.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amen, not sure why he used the term "crap" to describe the Bills' previous alternate uni. Crap perfectly fits the Jim Kelly and Drew Bledsoe era uni's. I think the Kelly era is a perfect example of how a certain color combination can look horrible for one team (Bills).....

thurman_thomas--nfl_large_580_1000.jpg

These were beautiful. It's still the best uniform the Bills have ever worn.

yea...for a high school football team. I love the uniform style, but when mixed with that color combination in that exact format just looks cheap.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

THIS uniform with the 2011 helmet would've been a work of art. Oh well, still 100000% better than their previous nightmare.

It's amazing how many others have said pretty much the exact same thing about those white 2009's on both of the BILLS 2 main chat boards....

09000d5d812a1f8f_gallery_600.jpg

I really don't understand the love affair with the standing buffalo uniforms. The helmet is about the only thing i like on that uniform. That mainly for nostalgia and novelty reasons.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

THIS uniform with the 2011 helmet would've been a work of art. Oh well, still 100000% better than their previous nightmare.

It's amazing how many others have said pretty much the exact same thing about those white 2009's on both of the BILLS 2 main chat boards....

I really don't understand the love affair with the standing buffalo uniforms. The helmet is about the only thing i like on that uniform. That mainly for nostalgia and novelty reasons.

????????

Uh..the standing buffalo ONLY appears on the helmet and the discussion is having the NEW helmet with this uniform set.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

It's really not amazing at all, people like old crap, and that is old crap.

It is definitely OLD and CRAP!

spacer.png

I've long thought the standing buffalo was far superior to the modernized version with the racing stripe. So much more sophisticated and well designed. That helmet, with the new set (minus the navy outlines) would very nice.

It was a pretty good look for its time, but I'm just not seeing the reasons to bring it back, either with the standing Buffalo helmet, or the 2011 helmet. Either way it would be a really dated look.

It was a pretty good look for its time, but I'm just not seeing the reasons to bring it back, either with the standing Buffalo helmet, or the 2011 helmet. Either way it would be a really dated look.

I am a big fan of throwback uniforms, but to make the throwbacks a full-time uniform is a horrible ideal, even if the San Diego Chargers wanted to bring back the Baby Blues full-time (greatest uniform ever) I would be against it. The past is the past for a reason.

spacer.png

to make the throwbacks a full-time uniform is a horrible ideal, even if the San Diego Chargers wanted to bring back the Baby Blues full-time (greatest uniform ever) I would be against it. The past is the past for a reason.

Yeah, because some idiot in the front office made a very poor decision getting rid of them in the first place.

Your rule seems very arbitrary and pointless. If an old uniform is the best uniform for a team, bring it back.

I am a big fan of throwback uniforms, but to make the throwbacks a full-time uniform is a horrible ideal, even if the San Diego Chargers wanted to bring back the Baby Blues full-time (greatest uniform ever) I would be against it. The past is the past for a reason.

So all 32 teams should have futuristic uniforms that resemble the AFL and UFL? Good gawd, bro!! The NFL is a legacy. It is bigger than any one player or team. These uniforms are sacred. Not all of the "throwbacks" looked good and many teams have improved over time, but some have stayed perfect over the years (i.e. Raiders, Browns, Bears, Packers, Redskins, OJ Simpson era Bills, and etc). Yes, a few of those teams have made minor tweaks here and there, but they are timeless and still look amazing 2011.

"The past is the past for a reason." - what? haha What is this special "reason" other than the fact that every second that passes is technically the "past".

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

So all 32 teams should have futuristic uniforms that resemble the AFL and UFL? Good gawd, bro!! The NFL is a legacy. It is bigger than any one player or team. These uniforms are sacred. Not all of the "throwbacks" looked good and many teams have improved over time, but some have stayed perfect over the years (i.e. Raiders, Browns, Bears, Packers, Redskins, OJ Simpson era Bills, and etc). Yes, a few of those teams have made minor tweaks here and there, but they are timeless and still look amazing 2011.

"The past is the past for a reason." - what? haha What is this special "reason" other than the fact that every second that passes is technically the "past".

Johnny, are you :censored: stupid!? The NFL should get with the times! The Packers should drop the Gold and switch to Black and Neon Green! The Browns need to change their name to the Dawgs, as well as switch to a Black and Brown, modernized template, while having a helmet that features a dog with rabies! And as for the Seahawks, make them wear Oregon-like uniforms with Navy Blue, Royal Blue, Teal, Light Blue, Neon Green, and Silver! :rolleyes:

Pay no attention to nuordr. He's the ultimate new skewl troll.

Johnny, are you :censored: stupid!? The NFL should get with the times! The Packers should drop the Gold and switch to Black and Neon Green! The Browns need to change their name to the Dawgs, as well as switch to a Black and Brown, modernized template, while having a helmet that features a dog with rabies! And as for the Seahawks, make them wear Oregon-like uniforms with Navy Blue, Royal Blue, Teal, Light Blue, Neon Green, and Silver! :rolleyes:

I know, you're right. I suppose I need to start drinking extreme energy drinks too. haha!! Classic post, Drakonius26. That one is a keeper. (**) (**) (**) (**) (**)

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

I think you're misinterpreting his comment. "Throwback" would imply that the uniforms in question aren't worn anymore and are drastically different from the current set. The Raiders, Browns, Bears, Packers, Redskins, etc. haven't really changed their look too drastically over the years, so they don't really qualify as "throwbacks". He's merely saying that the current trend of teams choosing their blandest possible throwback uniforms and bringing them back verbatim is lazy and boring, and I tend to agree with that view.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Potential POTD?

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

I think you're misinterpreting his comment. "Throwback" would imply that the uniforms in question aren't worn anymore and are drastically different from the current set. The Raiders, Browns, Bears, Packers, Redskins, etc. haven't really changed their look too drastically over the years, so they don't really qualify as "throwbacks". He's merely saying that the current trend of teams choosing their blandest possible throwback uniforms and bringing them back verbatim is lazy and boring, and I tend to agree with that view.

The goal, in regards to a team's uniform, is to look good. Not to push the design envelope, but to look good. If a past uniform set looks good and fulfills this requirement then there's nothing lazy about going back to it.

In some ways it's lazy to go with an overly paneled/piped look just to fit in with the current trend.

All these opinions are just that, opinions to which we're all entitled too.

The grazing Bison logo remains popular to many long-time BILLS fans who have followed the team since at least 1962 and grew up on with seeing the team in them, with great memories of the '64 and '65 AFL Championship seasons, and a good percentage of BILLS fans young & old like the look better than the leaping Bison.

It would be great if the NFL allowed both home & away throwbacks ... 4 of 16-18 games a season would be fantastic. Mix it up a bit yet without going to the extent of the Oregon DUCKS who sport a different look every week ...

09000d5d81492e5c_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d812a144d_gallery_600.jpg

Beisdes the fact that the Bills 1965 roadie didn't actually look like this, right?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived