Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

THIS uniform with the 2011 helmet would've been a work of art. Oh well, still 100000% better than their previous nightmare.

It's amazing how many others have said pretty much the exact same thing about those white 2009's on both of the BILLS 2 main chat boards....

It's really not amazing at all, people like old crap, and that is old crap.

It is definitely OLD and CRAP!

It was a pretty good look for its time, but I'm just not seeing the reasons to bring it back, either with the standing Buffalo helmet, or the 2011 helmet. Either way it would be a really dated look.

I am a big fan of throwback uniforms, but to make the throwbacks a full-time uniform is a horrible ideal, even if the San Diego Chargers wanted to bring back the Baby Blues full-time (greatest uniform ever) I would be against it. The past is the past for a reason.

So all 32 teams should have futuristic uniforms that resemble the AFL and UFL? Good gawd, bro!! The NFL is a legacy. It is bigger than any one player or team. These uniforms are sacred. Not all of the "throwbacks" looked good and many teams have improved over time, but some have stayed perfect over the years (i.e. Raiders, Browns, Bears, Packers, Redskins, OJ Simpson era Bills, and etc). Yes, a few of those teams have made minor tweaks here and there, but they are timeless and still look amazing 2011.

"The past is the past for a reason." - what? haha What is this special "reason" other than the fact that every second that passes is technically the "past".

Pay no attention to nuordr. He's the ultimate new skewl troll.

G :censored: D :censored: mn, why are you guys catching this much feelings over another man's opinion over some uniforms? Nobody said anything about "futuristic" uniforms, or team having to look like the UFL, or AFL. People are just giving their opinions about that particular Bills uniform that was pictured, and about "Throwbacks" ,"old school" whatever you want to call them, uniforms in general. You throwing around the word troll, for what because you don't like his opinion? <_<

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's all opinion guys.

Some futuristic looks good, some classic looks bad. And viseversa.

I love the Cardinals, even the black alternate.

I hate the Vikings uniforms.

I love the Browns.

I hate the Steelers.

Lets stop blanketing design styles as good or bad. Judge it uniform by uniform.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

THIS uniform with the 2011 helmet would've been a work of art. Oh well, still 100000% better than their previous nightmare.

It's amazing how many others have said pretty much the exact same thing about those white 2009's on both of the BILLS 2 main chat boards....

It was a pretty good look for its time, but I'm just not seeing the reasons to bring it back, either with the standing Buffalo helmet, or the 2011 helmet. Either way it would be a really dated look.

I am a big fan of throwback uniforms, but to make the throwbacks a full-time uniform is a horrible ideal, even if the San Diego Chargers wanted to bring back the Baby Blues full-time (greatest uniform ever) I would be against it. The past is the past for a reason.

So all 32 teams should have futuristic uniforms that resemble the AFL and UFL? Good gawd, bro!! The NFL is a legacy. It is bigger than any one player or team. These uniforms are sacred. Not all of the "throwbacks" looked good and many teams have improved over time, but some have stayed perfect over the years (i.e. Raiders, Browns, Bears, Packers, Redskins, OJ Simpson era Bills, and etc). Yes, a few of those teams have made minor tweaks here and there, but they are timeless and still look amazing 2011.

"The past is the past for a reason." - what? haha What is this special "reason" other than the fact that every second that passes is technically the "past".

No, I am not here to troll. I hate trolls! I like new uniform designs unlike the a lot of people on these forums, therefore, you call me a troll. I like the Cardinals, Falcons, Vikings, and Seahawks uniforms whereas most of the people on these forums hate them. As far as the Bills go, their new uniforms in not bad, but I hate White Helmets and now that their will be 3 of the them in the AFC East, for me it just sucks. White is too bland! Back on point, you call me a troll for expressing my opinion that is different from yours. Are Trolls the new Rosa Parks now? If you disagree with someone's opinion you throw them under the bus.

spacer.png

09000d5d812a144d_gallery_600.jpg

Beisdes the fact that the Bills 1965 roadie didn't actually look like this, right?

Due to the shorter sleeves of today they had to move the numbers to the shoulders to maintain the stripes on the sleeves, so you are right, the roadie was tweaked, as were the home Rockpile jerseys.

Sure looked good tho'

23a08d42d2de61b8a3f0cc574e2b2232789101853.jpg

No, I am not here to troll. I hate trolls! I like new uniform designs unlike the a lot of people on these forums, therefore, you call me a troll. I like the Cardinals, Falcons, Vikings, and Seahawks uniforms whereas most of the people on these forums hate them. As far as the Bills go, their new uniforms in not bad, but I hate White Helmets and now that their will be 3 of the them in the AFC East, for me it just sucks. White is too bland! Back on point, you call me a troll for expressing my opinion that is different from yours. Are Trolls the new Rosa Parks now? If you disagree with someone's opinion you throw them under the bus.

First off comparing yourself to Rosa Parks has to be one of the worst cases of insensitivity and internet self-martyrdom I've ever seen. She stood up to government endorsed bigotry. You feel persecuted because people don't agree with your opinion on sports uniforms? It's not the same thing.

Secondly you screwed up your Rosa Parks metaphor. She wasn't thrown under the bus, she was forced to sit at the back of it.

Finally, it's not that you like modern uniforms that's the problem. It's that you constantly remind us that you do and that you never miss an opportunity to tell us in the most annoying (trollish) way possible.

it's not that you like modern uniforms that's the problem. It's that you constantly remind us that you do and that you never miss an opportunity to tell us in the most annoying (trollish) way possible.

Bingo.

Your opinions are diminished in value to the conversation when you feel compelled to simultaneously take shots at the opinions of others.

First off comparing yourself to Rosa Parks has to be one of the worst cases of insensitivity and internet self-martyrdom I've ever seen. She stood up to government endorsed bigotry. You feel persecuted because people don't agree with your opinion on sports uniforms? It's not the same thing.

Secondly you screwed up your Rosa Parks metaphor. She wasn't thrown under the bus, she was forced to sit at the back of it.

Finally, it's not that you like modern uniforms that's the problem. It's that you constantly remind us that you do and that you never miss an opportunity to tell us in the most annoying (trollish) way possible.

Well, at least he didn't complain about the Bills new uniforms looking too Jewish for his taste.

I think you're misinterpreting his comment. "Throwback" would imply that the uniforms in question aren't worn anymore and are drastically different from the current set. The Raiders, Browns, Bears, Packers, Redskins, etc. haven't really changed their look too drastically over the years, so they don't really qualify as "throwbacks". He's merely saying that the current trend of teams choosing their blandest possible throwback uniforms and bringing them back verbatim is lazy and boring, and I tend to agree with that view.

The goal, in regards to a team's uniform, is to look good. Not to push the design envelope, but to look good. If a past uniform set looks good and fulfills this requirement then there's nothing lazy about going back to it.

In some ways it's lazy to go with an overly paneled/piped look just to fit in with the current trend.

I'd go further and suggest that uniform design is primarily about looking like your team should look like. Sure you want to look good, but first off you have to fit the corporate identity of your team!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I think you're misinterpreting his comment. "Throwback" would imply that the uniforms in question aren't worn anymore and are drastically different from the current set. The Raiders, Browns, Bears, Packers, Redskins, etc. haven't really changed their look too drastically over the years, so they don't really qualify as "throwbacks". He's merely saying that the current trend of teams choosing their blandest possible throwback uniforms and bringing them back verbatim is lazy and boring, and I tend to agree with that view.

The goal, in regards to a team's uniform, is to look good. Not to push the design envelope, but to look good. If a past uniform set looks good and fulfills this requirement then there's nothing lazy about going back to it.

In some ways it's lazy to go with an overly paneled/piped look just to fit in with the current trend.

I'd go further and suggest that uniform design is primarily about looking like your team should look like. Sure you want to look good, but first off you have to fit the corporate identity of your team!

Indeed. For all of the small problems with the new Bolls set, they at least look like Bills uniforms.

Did you ever consider that people do not want to be constantly reminded that they LOVE the "classic uniforms?" The Rosa Parks thing was wrong...I know that! It was late and I was drunk, no excuses though. As far as trolling, I am not trolling, I simply stated that the new Bills uniform could have been so much better, yet you call me a troll for expressing my opinion about this team and that team. Finally, people I will continue to throw my opinion out just like each and every one of you do on a daily or weekly basis...you may agree with me, you may despise my words, but know one thing, like NIKE, we are looking forward to changing the face of the NFL!

spacer.png

it's not that you like modern uniforms that's the problem. It's that you constantly remind us that you do and that you never miss an opportunity to tell us in the most annoying (trollish) way possible.

Bingo.

Your opinions are diminished in value to the conversation when you feel compelled to simultaneously take shots at the opinions of others.

Who have I taken shots at? I argued with Johnny Seoul over the Browns uniform because they are so bland, yet he told me that he was BROWNS BACKER and I was wrong because those are classic uniforms. What I did not tell him was that I was a BROWNS BACKER. Would that have changed anything? No, because he was stated that first he must have been right. Listen fellas, we are all different, and I do not call anyone specific out, I only stated the good, the bad, and the ugly of a uniform design...if you don't like it, don't read it.

spacer.png

I didn't call you a troll for anything you said about the Bills' new look. It was your "old is crap"/"the past is the past" remarks.

The first remark is trollish because rather then just say "I prefer modern looks" you called all classic looks "crap," thereby insulting everyone who likes classic looks.

The second remark is trollish because it proves you're only championing "modern" looks to get a rise out of people. You called the Chargers' powder blue throwbacks "the best of all time" yet you don't want the team to go back to them full time because it's an older look. That proves you only play up "modern" looks just for the sake of doing so.

There's no sense of reason to your positions. You just loudly proclaim what you like, insult those who disagree with you, and use your own aesthetic preferences to get a rise out of people. That's trollish.

And for the record you're quite capable of liking modern looks without acting like a troll. BBTV for example.

I didn't call you a troll for anything you said about the Bills' new look. It was your "old is crap"/"the past is the past" remarks.

The first remark is trollish because rather then just say "I prefer modern looks" you called all classic looks "crap," thereby insulting everyone who likes classic looks.

The second remark is trollish because it proves you're only championing "modern" looks to get a rise out of people. You called the Chargers' powder blue throwbacks "the best of all time" yet you don't want the team to go back to them full time because it's an older look. That proves you only play up "modern" looks just for the sake of doing so.

There's no sense of reason to your positions. You just loudly proclaim what you like, insult those who disagree with you, and use your own aesthetic preferences to get a rise out of people. That's trollish.

And for the record you're quite capable of liking modern looks without acting like a troll. BBTV for example.

Exactly. Well stated, Ice.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

What the hell is BBTV?

I like the San Diego Chargers because they used to wear them once or twice a year...just enough for nostalgic sake, but not enough to grow old of them quickly. I do like modern looks, but the most classic uniform out there that I would never change is the Steelers. They do it just right by throwing in the yellow helmet once or twice a season they stay modern, yet are classic.

spacer.png

I would have liked the white jersey with red pants or blue plants.

White jersey with blue pants absolutely, and that may very well happen should the BILLS choose to wear them, they're in the new set, just weren't shown at the unveiling.

There's already some very strong lobbying going on from both fans and players via Twitter to wear them with the white road jerseys.

Players do have pull with that. A few seasons ago the BEARS voted as a team to wear the all-white roadies .... Personally I like them better with the midnight blue pants which they reverted back to the following season.

Red pants, absolutely not .......... I doubt you'll find many who'd like to see that look.

cribbs_at_rams_82-1.jpg

Red pants could work with red helmets, blue jerseys, and blue socks. Can't see the red pants working with white jerseys.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived