Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

the stripes as you described are indeed a traditional, timeless football element, but i dont think every team NEEDS to go with that template. not even the Browns. and the contrast is appealing to me, as well as giving them somthing unique. go back and read some of the previous comments; 1 of the main reasons for striping the white pants and not browns is having consistency in the uniform. striping the brown pants would introduce a 3rd stripe pattern, which i think is too much. another is "color balance". not striping the white pants leaves a LOT of 1 color (white). thers also the visual weight theory, where dark colored objects appear heavier and smaller than light colored objects. having a strong dark base (the pants) is much more appealing, supporting the weight of the player.

your comment about "pants being designed" is mind boggling. these brown pants are designed. choosing NOT to add stripes is as an important design decision as doing anything any other team has done with stripes, texture, or logos.

I see the point you are making, but let's look at the brown jersey/white pants set. The pants introduce a striping pattern not seen anywhere else. By that line of thinking, the pants should be solid white, correct?

As for the last part, I disagree. Designing solid colored pants isn't designing, it's a cop-out. The players look like kids on Halloween - Mom couldn't find the right pants so they wore a plain pair from Sportmart. There has to be a way to incorporate some kind of striping pattern into a pants and have them go with the jersey. The Rams' gold pants are a cop out. The Ravens and Saints have striped normal pants (incorrectly striped in the Saints' case as it should match the helmet), but go with solid black pants for no good reason. As bad as I think the Falcons and Cardinals sets are, they at least have some kind of design on the pants.

paradox. LOL

in the brown jersey/white pants case, i do think the pants should be striped (and personaly i think the browns have the colors backwards; the orange should be in the middle) and it goes back to the principals of my pervious post. with white, its worth losing some unity to gain some 'visual weight' as the player looks very top heavy with plain white pants. and the end result is, i think, the white/white and white/brown is a much better uniform than brown/white. but creative solutions dont have correct answers. its just comes down to using "good taste" with all the theory, principals, and elements

again, im not with you at all on the "cop out" thinking. i agree with the jersey and pants having rhythm, unity, and repetition (even if its just color) but ive never designed something and thought "how much more can i add to this?".

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got my Buffalo Bills mini helmet two days ago. Pictures, for grins:

BillsWhite.jpg

BillsFront.jpg

Stripe on the back of the helmet:

BillsStripe.jpg

Then I thought about playing with mask combinations. I figure this isn't re-coloring, because these are real objects. I don't have a royal blue mask, though. You get grey, navy, red, and white.

BillsMasks.jpg

Along those lines, I did the same combos with the Patriots, who I recall getting involved in mask color debates.

PatsMasks.jpg

It's where I sit.

The red mask looks pretty nice with the new Bills helmet.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

That PATRIOTS face-mask looks kinda orange in that mini-helmet ... I like their present look with the red mask. They tried the silver when they first went to the Elvis logo, didn't last too long.

For the BILLS, I'm quite happy with the light gray, which was my 1st and pretty much only choice.

bills11helmet_auth.jpg

That PATRIOTS face-mask looks kinda orange in that mini-helmet ... I like their present look with the red mask. They tried the silver when they first went to the Elvis logo, didn't last too long.

For the BILLS, I'm quite happy with the light gray, which was my 1st and pretty much only choice.

AGREED!! Go Bills!!!!

That's what I had brought up on the BILLS forum. It's mid-Sept and can get hot & humid in Orchard Park at that time of year, and would force the RAIDERS to roast in those black jerseys of theirs.

BILLS could then debut the home blue jersey / white pants the following week when we're home again in Week 3, against New England.

When Chuck Knox was coach in late 70s / early 80s the BILLS used to wear white w/ blue pants for home games in Sept / Oct

That's what I had brought up on the BILLS forum. It's mid-Sept and can get hot & humid in Orchard Park at that time of year, and would force the RAIDERS to roast in their black jerseys.

BILLS could then debut the home blue jersey / white pants the following week when we're home again in Week 3, against New England.

When Chuck Knox was coach in early 80s the BILLS used to wear white w/ blue pants each season for home games in Sept / Oct

I've been meaning to mention this for a while, now...why do you always capitalize entire team names? Also, could you stop?

That's what I had brought up on the BILLS forum. It's mid-Sept and can get hot & humid in Orchard Park at that time of year, and would force the RAIDERS to roast in their black jerseys.

When Chuck Knox was coach in early 80s the BILLS used to wear white w/ blue pants each season for home games in Sept / Oct

I've been meaning to mention this for a while, now...why do you always capitalize entire team names? Also, could you stop?

I guess he feels the need to EMPHASIZE every team's NAME as if no one's ever HEARD of them BEFORE :P

I'll admit, it does kind of bug me too. Not to the point I pull hair out or anything, but it is pretty distracting.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

1 - Seconded. I find myself skipping your posts because they are tough/annoying to read.

2 - I'm not sure where or if you've won awards for your posting style, but it isn't by my vote.

It's where I sit.

I've won EIGHT awards for doing that.

BLEACHER REPORT awards don't count.

:upside:

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I just got my Buffalo Bills mini helmet two days ago. Pictures, for grins:

BillsWhite.jpg

BillsFront.jpg

Stripe on the back of the helmet:

BillsStripe.jpg

Then I thought about playing with mask combinations. I figure this isn't re-coloring, because these are real objects. I don't have a royal blue mask, though. You get grey, navy, red, and white.

BillsMasks.jpg

Along those lines, I did the same combos with the Patriots, who I recall getting involved in mask color debates.

PatsMasks.jpg

I actually like the Bills in a red facemask much better than the Patriots in a red mask. N.E.'s uniform would pull together better with a navy mask. (although, unlike above, its should probably be a navy that matches)

Some people are really lacking in a sense of humor, and my response to it went right over their heads.

The one who made the post about it, Milo .... look under his name as to how he described himself with his capitalized 'EIGHT' mens stylist awards.

There's also a button at the top for private messages .... I'm sure most posters would be far more receptive to any kind of constructive criticism if that route is used rather than having it posted where others then add to it which then usually leads to the poster feel as if they're being ganged up upon and for something that REALLY is quite petty, and not even mentioned in rules & regulations.

Archived