Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fans in Buffalo don't have televisions? ;)

Most of them had to hock their sets for cigarettes years ago.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I saw the Bills forum where someone says what I was mentioning.

I think the Bills wearing white for the game against Oakland would also be a nice way to show the fans at home the white uniform before going to the blue.

I likks dee notion of dat :grin:

28-Sept-1980 ....

Oakland at Buffalo .....

BILLS 24 - RAIDERS 7

Cribbs' rookie season

Cribbs,Joe11.jpg

They're in the official 2011 Style Guide, for what that's worth.

Then again, so were two different designs of Jaguars' Teal pants that were never worn...

Well didn't the Anaheim Ducks say they were going to go green, before suddenly changing to black at the last moment? I'm not trying to say people here are full of crap, but I'll believe it, once the Bills trot out on the road with blue pants, instead of another bland all-white look.

The Ducks didn't list their new green look in the official style guide... bad argument

ColorWerx had the PANTONE values for the re-branded Ducks before their unveiling, and was told they'd be going with a color scheme of dark green, orange, and bronze. But, apparently very late in the process, someone decided to switch it to the black-and-gold - I vaguely recall it having something to do with the proximity of Camp Pendleton.

It's not often that CWX is thrown for a loop by a major-league rebranding. But I recall the Ducks' unveiling as being one of those rare occasions.

If the Bills wear blue for all of their home games then they will see it too many times because they play at Miami and Dallas on the road. Which makes it 2 more blue jersey games. Which would make it 10 blue jersey games to 6 white jersey games.

Personally, I would lobby for the team to wear white for the home opener.

I watched a video with the Bills playing against the Raiders in 1980 on Youtube. I'll see if I can find it again.

They're in the official 2011 Style Guide, for what that's worth.

Then again, so were two different designs of Jaguars' Teal pants that were never worn...

Well didn't the Anaheim Ducks say they were going to go green, before suddenly changing to black at the last moment? I'm not trying to say people here are full of crap, but I'll believe it, once the Bills trot out on the road with blue pants, instead of another bland all-white look.

The Ducks didn't list their new green look in the official style guide... bad argument

ColorWerx had the PANTONE values for the re-branded Ducks before their unveiling, and was told they'd be going with a color scheme of dark green, orange, and bronze. But, apparently very late in the process, someone decided to switch it to the black-and-gold - I vaguely recall it having something to do with the proximity of Camp Pendleton.

It's not often that CWX is thrown for a loop by a major-league rebranding. But I recall the Ducks' unveiling as being one of those rare occasions.

Difference: the Ducks change was before anything was officially unveiled. The Bills set has been officially unveiled, so if ColorWerx says something is or isn't in a style guide, then you can be 99% sure he's right.

On-Field Guide:

BuffaloBills_PAN1a_2011-9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Been meaning to thank-you for posting that CWX ... it gives many of us BILLS fans here and elsewhere hope. Gungho.gif

I assume the empty box to the opposite of 'Equipment NFL' is reserved for the Reebok or Nike logos

Difference: the Ducks change was before anything was officially unveiled. The Bills set has been officially unveiled, so if ColorWerx says something is or isn't in a style guide, then you can be 99% sure he's right.

The Ducks' original color scheme was from someone who had been involved in the design process. However, the Black didn't replace the Green - the Green was an additional color to the Black, Orange and BRONZE...A Coppery Bronze was going to be used in place of what is now the Gold. I don't believe the Silver/Aluminum that's in there now (only used for the logos) was in place either.

AnaheimDucks_UC1_2007_SCC_SRGB.png

Style Guides are wrong sometimes...most of the time they can be treated as the final word, but in a lot of cases they have issues as well.

CW, out of curiosity are there any other teams/schools that use "orange county orange"?

I have 46 pro color sets that use or have used that shade of Orange, including the current Detroit Tigers, San Francisco Giants and Philadelphia Flyers. 22 collegiate sets, including Boise State, Bowling Green State, Florida, Texas-El Paso and Virginia.

I should mention that the current Ducks' Orange is slightly different than this one. (But still widely used.)

CW, out of curiosity are there any other teams/schools that use "orange county orange"?

I have 46 pro color sets that use or have used that shade of Orange, including the current Detroit Tigers, San Francisco Giants and Philadelphia Flyers. 22 collegiate sets, including Boise State, Bowling Green State, Florida, Texas-El Paso and Virginia.

I should mention that the current Ducks' Orange is slightly different than this one. (But still widely used.)

i see. i didnt know if it was something exclusive to the Ducks or not. thanks

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I think the helmet looks great (even like the tapered stripe in the back, a first that I can remember, and not nearly as noticeable as I had feared), but I think the red facemask shown on page 88 looks absolutely awful. Way too bright and distracting. After having seen that, I think the grey was the way to go -- especially considering they have become a "blue team" with a red accent.

The Bills' new turf that they're installing as we speak has BLUE ENDZONES according to CEO Russ Brandon. There will also be red and blue stripes around the 20 yard lines and a larger midfield logo.

Here's the link: http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/07/12/new-turf-has-new-elements/

I was too lazy to look if this was already posted. Sorry if it has.

. .

I'm interested to see whether it's gonna have the word-mark in use since '74, or the new one for 2011 that got a slight trim-down.

Looking forward to the blue end-zones

▼▼ 2011 - present ▼▼▼.................▼▼ 1974 - 2010 ▼▼▼

bills11_wordmark.jpg............. th_Billss.jpg

This model was displayed before the uniform unveiling .... even when zooming it looks like the '74-'10 version which would be totally okay with me, but the change is so minor most wouldn't even notice the difference. Glad to hear the logo at midfield is being enlarged.

This is this companies first really big assignment. Ball State has used them but other than that smaller schools that I hadn't heard of before have used their product.

bills11_newturf-1.jpg

Archived