Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

Better view of the new field. The logo doesn't look much bigger.

No, no, no. Is that an incorrect double outline around the Bills lettering in the end zones? Brand new id and they can't even match the system? You'd think it would have taken at least a year to screw up the system.

Why are some of you critiquing a blue-print model, that's all that that is FFS.

That photo was taken in early May, right after Jim Dobmeier had the winning bid from a group of 8 and long BEFORE he had even seen the slight change done to the word-mark.

Let's judge it after it's installed in the coming days, not from some blue-print model from over 2 months ago. lol :grin:

Hope you're right. I couldn't believe they had already screwed it up. Makes more sense if the blueprint is outdated.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Oilers had really cool uniforms. Too bad the antitrust exemption didn't have any teeth; the team would've had to stick around.

I couldn't agree more.

I've always liked the various sets of Houston Oilers uniforms .... only 5 of the original 8 AFL teams even had helmet logos at inception in 1960, Houston was way ahead of their time. I had never even seen their original uniform before until 1994 for NFL-75 (other than some bad photos).

If the Houston Oilers fans had reacted in the same way that the Cleveland fans did the season prior when Modell moved the Browns to Baltimore they most-likely would have kept their history, colors, etc ... Just like Cleveland did. Sorry, but I've never taken to this Houston Texans name or look. The Oilers were storied AFL franchise. I guess I'm a purist because I still miss the Baltimore Colts & LA Rams, but not the LA Raiders or St Louis Cardinals.

I remember at the time of the Browns relocation all the demonstrations and anger shown by so many Browns fans yet the fans in Houston barely seemed to blink an eye upon their team moving, which were only a year apart. I loved the AFL, and the Houston Oilers actually had a great tradition and history, unlike say the NFL's St Louis Cardinals, and really wish they had done what Cleveland did.

If I remember correctly a group of Browns fans forced the issue and got to state their case to the NFL owners at their meeting and they were very well organized with lawsuits up the ying-yang all drawn up. I never expected them to accomplish what they did, which to this day baffles me as to why Houston didn't try the same thing.

Back to subject at-hand ... IMO those Oilers 1960 uni's rock! Since I first saw them in 1994, I consider their mid-60s change to silver as a downgrade. Not that the silver helmet set was so bad, but just because those originals were so brilliant. Even with their jersey numbers which look like the same ones as da Bears, that entire combo really worked, and this was a time when not many teams had these uniforms styles of today that were so planned and many over-planned out.

Something really needs to be done to the Tennesee Titans uniforms because they're flat-out awful, and the thing is they weren't all that bad around 2000 with the dk blue / white pants & white / dk blue pants combos, but then when they adopted their alternate light Titan blue jersey / dk blue pants as primary, and with the shoulder yokes to me they're a complete mess. Until they change, they ought to at least try wearing their white pants for home games to go with that Titan light blue jersey.

I really miss the Houston Oilers .... and although I'm not the greatest fan of white on white I gotta say that their 1960 all-white set wasn't too shabby either. No matter how good a uniform set is in any of our sports leagues, it's sad that they mess with everything whether it's a masterpiece of not. That oil rig derrick didn't need a maroon shadow or outline, If they wanted to add maroon to the helmet all they had to do was swap the single white stripe for a maroon one.

That Houston color combo is very popular in English Soccer, only the other way around with the claret / maroon as primary and the blue as trim. The Oilers were an original.

BTW, I've been getting some flak by a few posters regarding my posting of throwback photos ... I don't do it to be annoying, I just like alot of the throwback looks n styles, especially the team I've loved since childhood. throwback.giflogo.png

127.gif

09000d5d8138316d_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d81385843_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d812f1a13_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d812f2243_gallery_600.jpg

Why are some of you critiquing a blue-print model, that's all that that is FFS.

That photo was taken in early May, right after Jim Dobmeier had the winning bid from a group of 8 and long BEFORE he had even seen the slight change done to the word-mark.

Let's judge it after it's installed in the coming days, not from some blue-print model from over 2 months ago. lol :grin:

Hope you're right. I couldn't believe they had already screwed it up. Makes more sense if the blueprint is outdated.

These were taken today 13-July and yesterday 12-July

bills11_newturf-2.jpg?t=1310625769

bills11_newturf_blue.jpg?t=1310626018

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

the article is pretty good ,with concise language ,with good expression ,we always looking forward to hrearing for him again .

science and technology give us so many fantastic experience ,just like the article give me so many new idea .

Can't not quote this for posterity. "if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

only 5 of the original 8 AFL teams even had helmet logos at inception in 1960, Houston was way ahead of their time.

Actually, I think only 4 of the original 8 teams had logos. The Titans, Raiders, Broncos, and Bills went without helmet logos, although the Broncos and Bills had numbers on theirs.

Titans

6c4iQ.gif

Raiders

uU14K.gif

Broncos

6ubQA.gif

Bills

JZdpu.gif

(all helmet images from the Helmet Project)

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

09000d5d811d1355_gallery_600.jpg

I love those Oilers uniforms. I still prefer the Warren Moon-era look, but these are growing on me. I especially love the number font; the Titans should adopt that (or a minor variation of it) into their look. Count me in the majority that believes that the Titans must back to Columbia Blue/Red/White; it's far too unique in major pro/college sports to pass up. The Titans have the starting point for a new identity in these throwbacks.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I love those Oilers uniforms. I prefer the Warren Moon-era look, but this is growing on me. I especially love the number font; the Titans should adopt that (or a minor variation of it) into their look. Count me in the majority that believes that the Titans must back to Columbia Blue/Red/White! I also believe that the Titans have the starting point for a new identity in these throwbacks.

That number font looks particlarly good in columbia blue and red. Tulsa's football team (and a couple other colleges, I think) tried that same font not so long ago, and it really didn't look that good.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

i think the anthor of the articel is so called shakspere ,he mentioned the good website is worth a visiting .

to be honest ,it's just like a magic of the music ,which shock me ,moving me ,let me get out of the traoublsome .

Saved. You haven't read good articels until you've read them in the original Klingon.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Looking good so far ..... I had always wished for natural grass, but oh well ...

They'll paint the end-zones with the word-mark and enlarged midfield logo over the weekend or right afterward.

Company owner is a long-time BILLS season ticket holder, so one would have to assume he's going all out on this ....

Buffalo News interview with Jim Dobmeier

dsc0007jg.jpg

yhxyv.jpg

That's the biggest high-school football stadium I've ever seen.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

No offense taken ...

Sorry about the excess postings on the turf updates, but between ditching those awful mono midnight-blue uniforms for much improved ones and along with the new turf, this is the most us Buffalo football fans have had to cheer about since the Bills season-opening 31-0 win over New England in 2003.

Maybe the Ralph looks bigger with the hockey rink and people inside :therock:

800px-NHL_Winter_Classic.jpg

sabres_pens_winterclassic.jpg

I don't really get the love for those Oilers throwbacks. The pre-Titans Warren Moon set are better, in my opinion.

They are "classic" with all the old-fashioned charms of uniforms of yesteryear (dull/washed out colors, lots of ugly striping and grey facemasks) and were worn before the Nixon Administration.

So they have to be cool and dope with some around here.

Anything we can call a "throwback" just has to be good and superior to anything worn today. Just has to.

Archived