2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hunter Pence has left the building. He left the field and then Miller Park to head on his way to the airport, where he will presumably be on his way to Philadelphia to join the Phillies.

Crazy sight seeing someone get traded mid-game. Usually if there is a rumor, the guy sits so not as to get him injured right?

packchampionslfroh.png

Hunter Pence has left the building. He left the field and then Miller Park to head on his way to the airport, where he will presumably be on his way to Philadelphia to join the Phillies.

Crazy sight seeing someone get traded mid-game. Usually if there is a rumor, the guy sits so not as to get him injured right?

Sorry to bring another sport into this, but when Kirk Hinrich and Hilton Armstrong were traded from the Wizards to the Hawks earlier this year (in the middle of a game), they left the arena at halftime to go be with their new team. I remember that being the first time I've ever seen that. Maybe that type of thing is becoming more acceptable. It still looks weird, though.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Sometime in the 1910's two players were traded from NY to Brooklyn. Between games of a doubleheader. That was against one another.

Now that's gotta be awkward.

Also, Joel Youngblood holds the distinction of having 2 hits for 2 teams in 2 cities on the same day. Wikipedia's synopsis:

On August 4, 1982, Youngblood became the only player in history to get hits for two different teams in two different cities on the same day. After Youngblood had driven in two runs with a single in the third inning for the Mets in an afternoon game at Wrigley Field against the Chicago Cubs,[2] he was replaced in center field by Mookie Wilson, and traded to the Montreal Expos for a player to be named later (On August 16, the Expos sent Tom Gorman to the Mets to complete the deal). Youngblood rushed to Philadelphia in order to be with his new team, and hit a seventh inning single.[3] Interestingly, the two pitchers he hit safely against, Ferguson Jenkins of the Cubs and Steve Carlton of the Philadelphia Phillies, are both in the Baseball Hall of Fame.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Casper Wells pulled from tonight's lineup. This is most likely a trade, stay tuned.

For the grand prize of Doug Fister.

Damn, they sent Furbush. It would be awesome if the bottom of the rotation was Fister, Furbush. :P

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Is it me or is Ed Wade still on the Phillies payroll. Last year he gave them Oswalt and now Pence, and the Astros got little in return. Lets not forget about Lidge either, its like the Astros are a minor league affiliate.

Ed Wade has ruined that team in Houston and I can't see how he keeps his job after this year.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Is it me or is Ed Wade still on the Phillies payroll. Last year he gave them Oswalt and now Pence, and the Astros got little in return. Lets not forget about Lidge either, its like the Astros are a minor league affiliate.

Ed Wade has ruined that team in Houston and I can't see how he keeps his job after this year.

Reports are out that Atlanta gave Houston a much better offer for Pence. I guess if the Phillies want a player from Houston, they will get him no matter what.

Joel Sherman

I can also confirm from a person involved in talks that Rockies are moving toward trading Ubaldo to Indians
The way it was described to me by involved party was talks are "down the tracks" between Rockies-Indians for Ubaldo. Yankees not involved

Jon Morosi

Sources say Indians and Rockies are in serious discussions about Jimenez; indications that Pomeranz and White could be in deal.

Archived