2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Orioles just need to fire Bucky S. He's horrible on pitchers and teams tend to do well when he's finally gone.

Yeah, I don't get why people think he's good. He hasn't won anything. One of the most overrated managers of all time.

Joel Sherman

Post has learned that Yankees asked Rockies 4 days ago to do physical on Jimenez if deal agreed to, Colorado refused, so the Yankees bowed out

The Yankees have chosen wisely.

Did the Orioles play hooky in Game 2 and sent a bunch of lookalikes out there in uniforms, while the rest of the team lives it up in NYC?

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Bob Nightengale

#Jimenez is about to make first pitch, but already bullpen action.

Jack Curry

Watching Rockies game. Ubaldo is pitching, but not throwing hard. Esmil Rogers is warming up, ready to replace him.

What the heck is Colorado doing? This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard

Indians are WHEELIN and DEALIN.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

Apparently it was a hardball attempt to get a fourth prospect out of Colorado... and it worked.

I'm reading the same thing on twitter, I don't believe that for a second.

See that is what teams who can't buy championships have to do. :censored: the Yankees!

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Hell yes! Love the moves by our front office. Never thought they would make this big of a splash.

Only thing is I would like to see them go after another outfielder. We got Brantley and Fukudome, but other than that still a bit thin until Choo and Sizemore come back. I've heard rumblings about Ludwick or Bourne but it seems unlikely they make any more moves. From what I've heard the OF prospect we go in exchange for Orlando Cabrera has some potential, so that should seem to be a bit of an underrated move. Also makes way to bring Jason Donald back up, who has been batting 300+ in AAA.

Windians!

Apparently it was a hardball attempt to get a fourth prospect out of Colorado... and it worked.

I'm reading the same thing on twitter, I don't believe that for a second.

See that is what teams who can't buy championships have to do. :censored: the Yankees!

How does that make sense in your head?

Dbacks get Jason Marquis

You have my condolences.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Hell yes! Love the moves by our front office. Never thought they would make this big of a splash.

Only thing is I would like to see them go after another outfielder. We got Brantley and Fukudome, but other than that still a bit thin until Choo and Sizemore come back. I've heard rumblings about Ludwick or Bourne but it seems unlikely they make any more moves. From what I've heard the OF prospect we go in exchange for Orlando Cabrera has some potential, so that should seem to be a bit of an underrated move. Also makes way to bring Jason Donald back up, who has been batting 300+ in AAA.

Windians!

I've actually heard that a trade for Ludwick would be announced early today; but who knows.

I feel we might have spent too much for Jiminez, but everyone says he's "Proven" and who knows how our prospects will turn out.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

Sorry... but the Indians just got bent over. The Rockies got away with highway robbery... TWICE. Sorry, I have a hard time dealing 2 top 40 pitching prospects for a Half-Year wonder. I don't mind dealing top level prospects, but you deal them for the right players... not a guy who has had 1 good season in the NL West.

Ubaldo is possibly the LEAST proven "ace" out there. He started last season 15-1 then finished 19-8. Yikes. He has had 1 other season above .500 and 1 other year with a sub-4.00 ERA (give or take .01-.05 points). He has lost a good 5-6 MPH on his fast ball and he is in the NL West.

People want to talk about his home-away splits. Sure, his number on the road are better, but its hardly significant. Its not like he has an ERA of 7.50 at home and 1.50 on the road. The guys is a HALF-YEAR wonder. I really want to be proven wrong... but that would require David Huff winning come-back player of the year... and I don't see that happening.

The Indians screwed themselves from the start of the season. The Dolan's are too worried about arbitration and using up players' eligibility. They should have had Kipnis and Chisenhall up from day one. This should have been nothing more but a 162 game preseason for 2012. Instead, they got lucky, they are able to "win now" even though they don't have a chance for the World Series, nor do they have a substantial shot at winning the division... not with how much better the Tigers got.

The Indians' starting pitching and bull pen has kept them in these game despite a comatose offense. So what do they do? They deal for a big fat giant question mark in the starting rotation instead of a right handed bat which they so desperately need (Jeff Francouer).

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Sorry... but the Indians just got bent over. The Rockies got away with highway robbery... TWICE. Sorry, I have a hard time dealing 2 top 40 pitching prospects for a Half-Year wonder. I don't mind dealing top level prospects, but you deal them for the right players... not a guy who has had 1 good season in the NL West.

Could not agree more.

Jon Heyman

#rockies asked yankees for betances, montero, nova and hughes for ubaldo. #yankees countered with hughes & others.

are they fking nuts? I'd be hard pressed to give that to the Mariners for King Felix.

I think some people here are really underrating Jiminez. I do question the deal for the Indians, but it's more where they are as far as being consistently competitive, and competitive this year, and less about Jiminez's talent. I don't think they consistently compete even with him, and so I question why they would mortgage their future. My guess is he won't see the end of his contract in an Indians contract.

He might not be an "Ace", but he's pretty :censored:ing close. FIP's the last four years of 3.83, 3.36, 3.10, and 3.54. At least a 4 fWAR player each year (this year he's at 2.4 so far, but that's on track for about 4), with 2 years over 5. He's entering his prime now, and has learned to pitch in a :censored:ing bandbox like Coors, while maintaining excellent ground ball and home run rates.

Archived