2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Astros keep trading guys like this, the line-up card is going to look pretty funky for today's game against the Crew.

@cfly #Astros lineup: 2B Altuve, SS Barmes, CF Bourgeois, 1B Lee, RF Michaels, LF Martinez, 3B Johnson, C Corporan.

That's a line-up that several AAA teams would demolish.

We still don't know that is the final, final. I've heard Barmes and Lee also in some faint rumors. More so Barmes for teams looking for a decent hitting SS, especially after Furcal is now a Cardinal.

packchampionslfroh.png

Doesn't seem like anything has been decided on Wandy and Yankees.

It's all but completed.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I haven't seen it confirmed yet, but people are saying that the Indians DID get Ludwick from San Diego. I don't remember how well this guy played, but I do know he's an All-Star on my MLB SlugFest team.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

I haven't seen it confirmed yet, but people are saying that the Indians DID get Ludwick from San Diego. I don't remember how well this guy played, but I do know he's an All-Star on my MLB SlugFest team.

Yawn. Another wasted move. I'd rather trade Rafeal Perez to Kansas City for Jeff Franceour.

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

It's all but completed.

Sure yoy heard it right? ESPN and MLB Network don't break news on TV, if this was all but completed it would be all over the web and Twitter.

Anyways.

Tyler Kepner

Lots can change in 3.5 hours, but Yankees seem not to be deep into any talks right now. Could they really stand pat?

It's all but completed.

Sure yoy heard it right? ESPN and MLB Network don't break news on TV, if this was all but completed it would be all over the web and Twitter.

Anyways.

Tyler Kepner

Lots can change in 3.5 hours, but Yankees seem not to be deep into any talks right now. Could they really stand pat?

Just waiting for Houston to agree on the amount of money they are going to send to the Yankees to take Rodriguez.

I want Willingham over Ludwick. I hate what you make moves just to make moves.

Just waiting for Houston to agree on the amount of money they are going to send to the Yankees to take Rodriguez.

Where is this coming from?

Andrew Marchand

Source says things are quiet for the Yankees right now. Yankees aren't close on Heath Bell or Wandy Rodriguez

Jack Curry

Yankee meetings about acquiring pitching going something like this: "Will he pitch better than Colon or Garcia?" Answer keeps coming up no.

If the Yankees have to give up any prospects for Rodriguez it would be a stupid move. I don't know why the Yankees feel the need to make deadline deals year after year- they are never worth it.

You mean Austin Kearns didn't pan out last summer?

If the Yankees have to give up any prospects for Rodriguez it would be a stupid move. I don't know why the Yankees feel the need to make deadline deals year after year- they are never worth it.

lol, Kerry Wood wasn't too bad from the Tribe

lol, Kerry Wood wasn't too bad from the Tribe

Yeah, Wood was a good pickup, but I'm talking more about Cashman going after these mediocre players who in reality have very little to contribute. Rodriguez is 7-7 with a 3.47 ERA in the NL Central. No thanks.

Archived