2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

There's some truth to a lot of that. I don't think I'd call myself a cancer or a community blight or anything, and I'm confident that I'm able to post on numerous subjects with the appropriate earnestness and sincerity. I think we have a bit in common when it comes to things like holding petty grudges against stupid people!

So anyway Zambrano sucks.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm watching the Rockies and they're struggling to score. A couple 1-out loaded opportunities gone by. Ouch.

Yoooouuuuurrrr Cooooolllllllooorrraaaaaaaaaddddddoooooo ROCKIES! :cursing:

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Tigers acquire Delmon Young from Twins

Not sure about this deal, he's having a down year, but at the same time, if we can see the productivity from him that he's shown in 2010, than I say good deal.

Thank God I don't have to watch that brickhead play day in and day out. One of the most frustrating players to watch. Have fun with him.

Really looked to be coming into his own last year, but has regressed greatly this year.

Twins in general have just been the most disappointing team of the season. No bullpen at all which has historically been one of their strong suits, and other players like Justin Morneau have just been non-existent.

Ramble

That was rich. Pot. Kettle.

----------

Anyway, huge (read: YUUUUUUUGE) series for the AL West starts tonight in Anaheim for Rangers/Angels.

Rookie Garret Richards makes his second start. First start, Yankee Stadium, got knocked around a bit but it's out of the way. Gonna need G-Rich to shake it off, because this is another big game. Really throwing this kid into the fire in his first few games, but I want to see how he responds. And he needs to be good going against Ogando tonight.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Tigers acquire Delmon Young from Twins

Not sure about this deal, he's having a down year, but at the same time, if we can see the productivity from him that he's shown in 2010, than I say good deal.

What Leyland should do is have Boesch in left every day and put Young in RF splitting reps with Magglio.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Thank you based Thome. Please hit 600 against the kitties.

Thome's hit 2 HR tonight against the Tiggers.

I guess he's still an Indian at heart.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

Has there ever been a less-hyped milestone of significance?

Congrats to Thome.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

*full disclosure notice*

<-----Went to Jim Thome's high school

*end disclosure notice*

Nice job fellow Limestone alum.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Awesome to see Thome get his 600th.

Next stop Cooperstown. With an Indian hat I hope. ^_^

There is 0% chance he is in anything other than an Indian hat.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This is about how I feel right now

tumblr_lnoy8eOuN81qziv7eo1_500.gif

I've no idea why he unitentionally-intentionally walked McCann with four pitches in the right-handed batter's box. He could have tried to pitch McCann with pitches below the knees and try to get a double-play ball out of it. It's generally not a smart move to put the "winning run" baserunner into scoring position by walking guys.

Has there ever been a less-hyped milestone of significance?

Congrats to Thome.

That's been the problem with the steroid era. Its cheapened the home run so much that a guy getting 600 HR's isn't a big deal. I mean Thome's good, but how does a guy with over 600 HR's only win one Silver Slugger award? But I feel that sums up Jim Thome in a nutshell. Career numbers look good, but when you look closer, don't find what you would expect from a 600 home run hitter.

Top ten in HR nine times. Leads the league once. Top ten in RBI's three times. Top ten in OPS ten times and leads the league once.

Compare that to someone like Harmon Killebrew who's top ten in home runs 13 times and leds the league 6 times. Top ten in RBI's 10 times and leads the league 3 times. And top ten in OPS 12 times.

Yet Killebrew has lower career numbers then Thome across the board. If that ain't a sign at how much the times have changed, I don't know what is.

There is 0% chance he even gets into the Hall, considering he did all this during the "steroid era" and was never the single best player on any of his teams.

6uXNWAo.png

There is 0% chance he even gets into the Hall, considering he did all this during the "steroid era" and was never the single best player on any of his teams.

If you believe that you know very little about the baseball writers, who adore him. And the fact is.. 600 home runs, is 600 home runs. 500 I can see.. but not 600.

Archived