2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see Girardi managing the Cubs, but I doubt Cashman will leave the Yankees.

He just signed a three year deal and I can't see them getting rid of Mike Quade after only one year. Its not his fault the team has no pitching. Their number one starter in Ryan Dempster who is a three at best on a good club at this stage in his career.

That was a booming shot by Trumbo. Wow, what a homerun.

That's how every one of his home runs looks. Kid can absolutely rake. Trumbo goes Jumbo. (wahhh wahhh) Mark can hit some Trumbombs (wah wah wah wahhhhhhhh) ( :P:lol: )

And even trying to take my homer sensibilities out of the discussion, I think that the AL ROY is Trumbo's to lose. Leads AL Rookies in games, at bats, runs, hits, doubles, homers and RBI. He's also 4th in walks and 5th in stolen bases. And while his average is only .259, it compares well to the other top hitters when you take in the games/at bats.

Trumbo is gonna be a good one for a long time. That injury to Morales was almost a blessing in disguise. (Although it does bring up the problem of where to stick Trumbo/Morales when everyone is healthy.)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Quade is as good as gone, he is unpopular and the new GM will be looking to bring his own guy in.

Might happen but again I have a hard time beliving any manager could have won with this team. They have zero pitching and that was known even before the year started. The only guy on the team that has been really disappointing is Carlos Marmol. Everybody else has done about what you would expect.

Quade has one year left on his deal and option after. This is also someone who up to this point has been a career minor league manager and the Cubs are a young team. I don't see much to lose by keeping him on, unless you really don't think he's capable of running a major league team or there's somebody out there right now that you really like that you don't think will be available after this year.

And even trying to take my homer sensibilities out of the discussion, I think that the AL ROY is Trumbo's to lose.

Trumbo is gonna be a good one for a long time.

Gotta pull your homer card on both statements. I think you could easily make a case for Pineda or Walden. Sure, among hitters, it's Trumbo (or Ackley if he keeps his pace up), but the hitting crop is weak as :censored: this year.

As far as being good... he doesn't walk, he never walked in the minors, and he strikes out a ton. That's not a great recipe for sustained success in baseball. Just ask Chris Davis.

Quade is as good as gone, he is unpopular and the new GM will be looking to bring his own guy in.

Might happen but again I have a hard time beliving any manager could have won with this team. They have zero pitching and that was known even before the year started. The only guy on the team that has been really disappointing is Carlos Marmol. Everybody else has done about what you would expect.

Quade has one year left on his deal and option after. This is also someone who up to this point has been a career minor league manager and the Cubs are a young team. I don't see much to lose by keeping him on, unless you really don't think he's capable of running a major league team or there's somebody out there right now that you really like that you don't think will be available after this year.

I agree Quade had a bad situation, but as bad as this year was with a new GM the Cubs need to start from scratch in 2012. The big question is this who will they get, because I can see them either stealing away Pujols or Fielder.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

And even trying to take my homer sensibilities out of the discussion, I think that the AL ROY is Trumbo's to lose.

Trumbo is gonna be a good one for a long time.

Gotta pull your homer card on both statements. I think you could easily make a case for Pineda or Walden. Sure, among hitters, it's Trumbo (or Ackley if he keeps his pace up), but the hitting crop is weak as :censored: this year.

As far as being good... he doesn't walk, he never walked in the minors, and he strikes out a ton. That's not a great recipe for sustained success in baseball. Just ask Chris Davis.

Dont over look Ivan Nova, he should get some Rookie of the Year consideration too.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Dont over look Ivan Nova, he should get some Rookie of the Year consideration too.

The only possible reason to make a case for him over Pineda is that he plays for a better offense. Pineda strikes out twice as many, has an ERA, FIP, and xFIP of half a run lower a game, and is just easily a better pitcher.

Seeing the Jays wear their crappy Black alternates in the same game, as the Athletics wearing their Dark Green alternates is really clashing and annoying, and in the dungeon that is McAfee/Al Davis/Some washed up internet Coliseum is really bad, the lighting is awful.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I agree Quade had a bad situation, but as bad as this year was with a new GM the Cubs need to start from scratch in 2012. The big question is this who will they get, because I can see them either stealing away Pujols or Fielder.

I'd consider going after Albert. I think his best days are behind him but he will still be one of the best hitters in baseball and one of if not the best defensive first basemen as well.

Prince I don't have nearly as much faith in. Guys with that kind of build start breaking down right about at the age Prince is at. He needs to shed some pounds and if he dosen't he will break down. Its not a question of if its just a question of when. At best he's got three solid years left if he makes no adjustments to his build. He'll still be able to hit when healthy but that's going to be the problem for him. Those are the kinds of guys you let walk in free agency, because I don't think he sees his weight as a problem and he's not going to lose the pounds until he figures out that he's not 25 anymore. Your better off with the first round pick you'll get for him (especially when you had no prospects in the top 100 coming into the season), moving Ryan Braun to first and or signing a halway decent corner outfielder, something you can always get. Can also keep Braun in the outfield and move Corey Hart over to first or just sign a first baseman. Got alot of options with what you can do.

Where did all the Cleveland fans go? :P

Sorry to disappoint but it's a Friday night. Why would I waste a weekend night here? :P

And before Lions fans get all hot and bothered, our starters went, what was it, 27-13?

Indians disappointed me though, but same thing happened in Chicago.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

Archived