Gary

2011 MLB Season Thread

Speaking of storms, anyone else watch the Oakland A's set a new level of suck for the franchise getting blown over by the Yankees? In a 4 hr 31 min game (a franchise record for a 9 inning game), they allowed 22 runs which is the most allowed since moving to Oakland (and most since 1955 for the franchise), their bullpen issued 12 walks which is a new record for the team, and most impressive (depressing) of all they allowed 3 grand slams which is a new MLB single game record. Today's 22-9 loss was quite literally the worst game in Oakland Athletics history. I've yet to find a game that comes anywhere close to being this bad for this team.

Speaking of storms, anyone else watch the Oakland A's set a new level of suck for the franchise getting blown over by the Yankees? In a 4 hr 31 min game (a franchise record for a 9 inning game), they allowed 22 runs which is the most allowed since moving to Oakland (and most since 1955 for the franchise), their bullpen issued 12 walks which is a new record for the team, and most impressive (depressing) of all they allowed 3 grand slams which is a new MLB single game record. Today's 22-9 loss was quite literally the worst game in Oakland Athletics history. I've yet to find a game that comes anywhere close to being this bad for this team.

Ouch... I don't know what's worst: The fact Oakland gave up 22 runs, the bullpen being godawful or the fact that they gave up three Grand Slams in a game!

Most teams don't give up three Grand Slams in a season.

But, look on the bright side bosrs... The A's haven't lost 17 in a row yet. :P

Ouch... I don't know what's worst: The fact Oakland gave up 22 runs, the bullpen being godawful or the fact that they gave up three Grand Slams in a game!

Most teams don't give up three Grand Slams in a season.

But, look on the bright side bosrs... The A's haven't lost 17 in a row yet. :P

Well that's the most ironic thing of all. Despite the epic loss, the A's still won the series. Still... makes me wonder if they'll revisit the "distance issue" of Yankee Stadium after today. I mean 8 home runs in a game? And watching half of them they wouldn't have left a park like say PETCO Park in San Diego.

Just the quirks about each park I guess. I kinda like baseball that way. I'm a proud hater of the Humidor in Colorado. /Just sayin'

Anyways, I'm STOKED about Thome returning to Cleveland. I grew up idolizing the dude, so I'm really happy to see him back in Cleveland.

I think this will be a "pippen returns to bulls" type situation.

Don't start wanking each other off because you thought I left after the Indians dropped a few tough ones.

I had band camp and now that it's over the Indians are going to pull a comeback like usual.

Also Thome will make it interesting.

Don't start wanking each other off because you thought I left after the Indians dropped a few tough ones.

I had band camp and now that it's over the Indians are going to pull a comeback like usual.

:lol:

:lol:

You jealous I make better music than most popular artists? I would be too. It's cool though.

My God, this guy's homerism is incredible.

Mod redacted

I hope the PTBNL is Valbuena. Seems like a fair trade; a nobody for a circus act the Twins only kept around to sell tickets.

Edited by Lee.
Completely unnecessary.

Mod redacted

Edited by Lee.
clearing out the trash

Mod redacted

Edited by Lee.
Enough.

This one time at Band Camp.

Anyways John Ferrell the Jays Manager left the game with pain on his left side and was taken to hospital. Hopefully everything is okay.

mod redacted

Edited by Lee.

Only an asspained 2 year-old needs to try to point it out.

To-may-do, to-mah-do I guess.

What's there to be "asspained" about? We're only a half game back of you guys with plenty of time left.

Also, there's no "d" in tomato.

Lol. OK. I don't think the Indians are scared of the Sox anymore, just the Tigers. Honestly, I wouldn't mind dropping a series to the Sox if it meant winning a series against the Tigers. You guys got Kubel (or at least blocked the trade like :censored:s) but ignored Thome so IDK what's going on. I bet Hawk was touching himself the last week thinking of Thome playing for the Sox again.

Thankfully 'ol Jimmy came home. Even if we lose this race it's been a blast and it's going to be awesome to see 25 back in a Tribe uniform again.

...seriously? That's all you've got? A lame-ass joke about Hawk Harrelson?

We'll see who's laughing at the end of the season, buddy.

...seriously? That's all you've got? A lame-ass joke about Hawk Harrelson?

We'll see who's laughing at the end of the season, buddy.

It was actually more of an inappropriate shot recalling how Hawk was DROOLING over Thome like he was a Sox legend, I think the 2nd game our last series.

Ironic that you bring up homerism then get mad when someone makes a joke about Hawk. At least I haven't called the Tigers or the Sox the bad guys yet.

The Indians can't win ballgames when you're at band camp?

Ironic that you bring up homerism then get mad when someone makes a joke about Hawk. At least I haven't called the Tigers or the Sox the bad guys yet.

I'm not mad. It was more me being astounded at how terrible your insults are.