2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

butthurt

asspained

Sounds like band camp was a rousing success!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

butthurt

asspained

Sounds like band camp was a rousing success!

Has there been a POTD yet?

Can we get Sodboy another damn ribbon?

I don't believe there's been a POTD for today, so I'll second the nomination.

Is that short for Sodomy Boy?

Only if you play your cards right and pay cash up front.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I don't know if it was the A's bullpen that was truly exposed, but it's going to be hard to bet against that offense come October. Of course I don't want to see them succeed, but that was down right scary tonight.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I think it's definitely overreaching to say that's how their offense will be for the rest of the season. There's a reason why no team has ever hit three grand slams in a game before, because it's not something that can be done very easily. The Yankees will continue to contend for the East but today was a flash in the pan, nothing more.

honestly I'd be more impressed if it wasn't grand slams.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The Giants are a frickin' joke right now. I'm at a loss of words for the sheer ineptitude of their offense. On top of this, their strugg-a-ling against the Astros of all teams.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Astros are young, fast, and have nothing to lose.

There's something fundamentally going wrong when you have stats like Keppinger matching his strikeout total on the season in his first week with the Giants, and Beltran grounding into almost as many double plays as a Giant as he did as a Met this year, but in far fewer at-bats. Yet they want to say it's all on the players, and not someone like, say, the hitting coach.

Jered Weaver goes against Scott Boras to stay with Angels.

This story just makes me happy, 1) Because it's good to see a player making a decision that's best for him and makes him happy and not all about the money and 2) Sticking it to that @$hat Boras.

This might be good news for Brewers fans too. As Sir Princetopher Fielderous of Milwaukee might look at this deal and think the same way. Ya never know... One thing that keeps me piqued about the Fielder situation is that Boras's son is now in the Brewers organization as well. I think that is flying under the radar as people talk about the contract situation. Maybe Melvin and Attanasio did Scott a solid, kind of like making a deal with the devil to make him feel a little better about keeping his client in Milwaukee.

packchampionslfroh.png

I knew that chump was hiding somehere (although Band Camp was the last place I thought of...)

I guess he has no defense for the fact that Seattle owns Cleveland's sorry asses! (12-6 against the Indians over the last two seasons... Makes me wish they would schedule Cleveland more often :P)

The best part is after that series, there are only 12 road games left in the season. Seattle is a far better team at home then on the road, so the chance to avoid a 100-loss season is still alive!

Probably could've gotten a clumsy beej at band camp if I had played my cards right, but in the summer after 8th grade I'm not even sure I knew what my cards were, or if I had cards.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived