2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do find it amusing that even though the Braves blew an 8.5 game lead, the Red Sox collapse was the one getting all the attention from the "national media."

The Braves only choked up a wildcard lead. The Red Sox choked away a wildcard lead and a division lead. Suffice to say, the Sox' collapse has been far worse.

And far more satisfying. I feel bad for Braves fans. Can't say I feel the same way about Sawx Nation.

Ditto.

I know the Red Sox have the second highest payroll, but I don't understand the hate they get on these forums. And I live about 40 minutes away from New York City and it isn't even that bad here.

I'm perfectly prepared for a bunch of "go :censored: yourself"-type resonses, but why does everyone here hate them so much?

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Yep. Had an absolute explosive baseball-gasm tonight. By the way, anyone know how to get pine tar off of walls?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I do find it amusing that even though the Braves blew an 8.5 game lead, the Red Sox collapse was the one getting all the attention from the "national media."

The Braves only choked up a wildcard lead. The Red Sox choked away a wildcard lead and a division lead. Suffice to say, the Sox' collapse has been far worse.

And far more satisfying. I feel bad for Braves fans. Can't say I feel the same way about Sawx Nation.

Ditto.

I know the Red Sox have the second highest payroll, but I don't understand the hate they get on these forums. And I live about 40 minutes away from New York City and it isn't even that bad here.

I'm perfectly prepared for a bunch of "go :censored: yourself"-type resonses, but why does everyone here hate them so much?

Third highest payroll, actually. The Phillies spend more.

We've had some whiney, annoying Sox fans around here, I believe. Plus there will be hate for them based on ESPN's obsession with them and the Yankees.

IUe6Hvh.png

This night was so very low. And now I won't sleep.

Moments that I've jumped out of my seat and ran around the house yelling.

• Boise State vs Oklahoma
  • Landon Donovan's goal vs Algeria
  • Longoria's 3 run home run
  • Dan Johnson's home run
  • Longoria's walk off.

Yesterday I thought it would be so cool to get to the post season on a walk off. Then i changed my mind and wanted the Rays to kick ass.

But I'll take that any day of the week.

-Arrogant fans. Not talking about anyone on the CCSLC here, because you guys are a classy bunch... but sadly, Tommy from Quinzee is a dead-on impression of a large number of Boston sports fans. Boston fans have a reputation of overhyping their teams, talking down to other fans (especially small-market fans), and celebrating before anything's happened. It's annoying for the rest of us to have to deal with, so anything that deflates those morons' unearned egos is worthy of celebration. Unfortunately, classy, knowledgeable Boston fans have to read our celebrating as well.

-Media slurping. The media (especially ESPN) has forced the Red Sox and Boston teams in general down the rest of the country's throats repeatedly since 2004. We get it, Boston's won titles. We don't need SportsCenter live updates from the bathrooms at Fenway every time Gonzalez takes a dump. Just last week, ESPN the Mag devoted a whole issue to Boston's dominance and how great Boston is. Where is the journalistic integrity? I don't expect the Mariners and Sox to get equal coverage, but ESPN functioning as basically a nationwide version of NESN has become interminable.

-Unlikable teams. Kevin Garnett, Bill Belichick, Jonathan Papelbon, J.D. Drew... need I say more?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

-Arrogant fans. Not talking about anyone on the CCSLC here, because you guys are a classy bunch... but sadly, Tommy from Quinzee is a dead-on impression of a large number of Boston sports fans. Boston fans have a reputation of overhyping their teams, talking down to other fans (especially small-market fans), and celebrating before anything's happened. It's annoying for the rest of us to have to deal with, so anything that deflates those morons' unearned egos is worthy of celebration. Unfortunately, classy, knowledgeable Boston fans have to read our celebrating as well.

-Media slurping. The media (especially ESPN) has forced the Red Sox and Boston teams in general down the rest of the country's throats repeatedly since 2004. We get it, Boston's won titles. We don't need SportsCenter live updates from the bathrooms at Fenway every time Gonzalez takes a dump.

-Unlikable teams. Kevin Garnett, Bill Belichick, Jonathan Papelbon, J.D. Drew... need I say more?

To be fair, you really shouldn't be the one listing reasons why other teams fans are annoying.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived