2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Los Angeles Angels slugger Kendrys Morales' comeback from a fractured left ankle has entered an indefinite holding pattern.

Not good news for Angels fans.

I can't say I'm surprised. I expected Kendry to miss the first few weeks of the season after it took so long for him to even work out in the spring. Mark Trumbo and Brandon Wood have had respectable springs. I'm not getting my hopes up for a breakout out of either, but it looks like they might be able to keep it together until Kendrys comes back healthy.

Los Angeles Angels slugger Kendrys Morales' comeback from a fractured left ankle has entered an indefinite holding pattern.

This was just a matter of time. I was watching a Spring Training game a week or so ago. You could tell just by the way the Angels announcers were talking about him that his rehab wasn't going anywhere near as well as they hoped. I'm betting he's out for the year. All-Star break at best.

BB52Big.jpg

I can't say I'm surprised. I expected Kendry to miss the first few weeks of the season after it took so long for him to even work out in the spring. Mark Trumbo and Brandon Wood have had respectable springs. I'm not getting my hopes up for a breakout out of either, but it looks like they might be able to keep it together until Kendrys comes back healthy.

I bet he never jumps on Home after a walk off homer again.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Interesting. I obviously hadn't heard that until now. Kind of odd, but not uncommon when the Latin/Caribbean players come to the States (along with age discrepancies).

In the meanwhile, Trumbo has looked fantastic when I've seen him. And when he hits a homer, he CRUSHES the thing. I'm comfortable with him starting the season. Brandon Wood can go kick rocks and burn in a ditch for all I care. I'm tired of seeing him on the roster. And if need be, they've had Howie Kendrick play first, and he's been serviceable (Then putting Izturis at 2nd, Callaspo at 3rd).

That's one small area that trading Napoli hurts the Angels, but I think they'll be fine.

Really whatever it takes for Morales to get healthy, I'm all for. I want him healthy and back on track. Because he's one of the better first basemen in the league when he's healthy.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Interesting. I obviously hadn't heard that until now. Kind of odd, but not uncommon when the Latin/Caribbean players come to the States (along with age discrepancies).

In the meanwhile, Trumbo has looked fantastic when I've seen him. And when he hits a homer, he CRUSHES the thing. I'm comfortable with him starting the season. Brandon Wood can go kick rocks and burn in a ditch for all I care. I'm tired of seeing him on the roster. And if need be, they've had Howie Kendrick play first, and he's been serviceable (Then putting Izturis at 2nd, Callaspo at 3rd).

That's one small area that trading Napoli hurts the Angels, but I think they'll be fine.

Really whatever it takes for Morales to get healthy, I'm all for. I want him healthy and back on track. Because he's one of the better first basemen in the league when he's healthy.

He'll have a tough time kicking rocks if he's on fire. Other than that, I agree. :D

BB52Big.jpg

He'll have a tough time kicking rocks if he's on fire. Other than that, I agree. :D

Who said that isn't what I wanted? :P

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Nats trade Nyjer Morgan to Brewers for Lenny Dykstra's son and cash considerations.

Awful! Why would they want to trade a guy who could potentially be a key part of their team if they ever make the playoffs?!?! Why?

With whom are you questioning? If it's the Nats. Are you scared now? If it's the Crew. Dykstra had a tumultuous '09 according to the mlb.com article.

For me this is an awesome add to the team. It shores up centerfield now. He's got fire and an obvious chip on his shoulder. I kinda like that in the home teams' players. I could tell that a few of the Packers had that going on last season and it propelled them to greatness. Prince has the same kind of attitude, when he utilizes it, look out. Only FOUR days to go until the season gets underway. Oh yeah, and the Crew also added Sergio Mitre from the Yankees. It feels good to be a Brewers fan right now.

packchampionslfroh.png

Nats trade Nyjer Morgan to Brewers for Lenny Dykstra's son and cash considerations.

Awful! Why would they want to trade a guy who could potentially be a key part of their team if they ever make the playoffs?!?! Why?

With whom are you questioning? If it's the Nats. Are you scared now? If it's the Crew. Dykstra had a tumultuous '09 according to the mlb.com article.

For me this is an awesome add to the team. It shores up centerfield now. He's got fire and an obvious chip on his shoulder. I kinda like that in the home teams' players. I could tell that a few of the Packers had that going on last season and it propelled them to greatness. Prince has the same kind of attitude, when he utilizes it, look out. Only FOUR days to go until the season gets underway. Oh yeah, and the Crew also added Sergio Mitre from the Yankees. It feels good to be a Brewers fan right now.

The Nats. Just stupid.

25yzwqg.png

Nyjer Morgan played his way out of Washington. Of the three CF options the Nats had going into spring training (Morgan, Bernadina, Ankiel) Morgan is the best defender. However, he's not the best offensively and he gets picked off a lot (or tries to steal too many bases). Aside from that, his "fire" has caused trouble for the team as well (the hissy fit leading to an inside-the-parker and his Battle Royale against the Marlins are two examples). Morgan isn't a key component for any team. The Nats didn't need him and trading him away makes perfect sense.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Bernardina is heads and shoulders above Morgan in so many areas, this makes sense. Morgan wanted out anyway so, hasta Nyjer.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

The reason I brought up Prince, is exactly what you said. He's had his blow ups too. Remember the Parra incident and the Mota time in LA? Morgan's stealing, I hope is utilized by Roenicke, who wants to get more aggressive on the base paths. At least the ability to get from first to third. Scoring runs the hard way is what I am looking forward to. FOUR days till the season starts. One week from tomorrow I get to watch live ball at Miller Park. Like Bart Scott says.... "Can't Wait!"

packchampionslfroh.png

the same subscription works for all but you would need to buy the app for your ipad, assuming you don't already own it.

I do indeed have the At Bat app. Hmm is it worth it to spend the extra 20 bucks for the premium MLB.tv or is the regular MLB.tv subscription enough?

1zqy8ok.gif

I had MLB.tv last year and I thought it worked pretty well. However, the blackout policy is what caused me to cancel my subscription. I don't subscribe to cable so I hoped I'd be able to watch the occasional Nationals game online with MLB.tv. I didn't look at the blackout policy close enough. That was my biggest complaint.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Archived