2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

19th. I refuse to go to bed until this game zzzzzzzzzzzzz

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

19th. I refuse to go to bed until this game zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Heyward Lugo Someone needs a walk off bomb single/sac fly right here, that would be a nice boost for him since he has struggled this season. since they finally have a runner on third.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

The Pirates just got screwed on a call in the bottom of the 19th to lose to Atlanta. It was one of the worst calls I've ever seen. The home plate ump must have wanted to go home or something.

He was bad all night but that was terrible, even Lugo knew he was out. The blue needs to get in big trouble for this.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

That game should still be going. The most blatant OUT in my life, and MY team won, and IM pissed at the ending???

no justice to the good of the game!!!!!! im nine beers deep and sobered at the awfulness of that call. a slap in the face of the game. pirates fans should be furious...no game should end that way.

The Pirates just got screwed on a call in the bottom of the 19th to lose to Atlanta. It was one of the worst calls I've ever seen. The home plate ump must have wanted to go home or something.

Totally agree, that was beyond terrible.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

That ump was having an utter shocker of a night behind the plate (can't wait for the chart to come out...there were pitches thrown right down the middle, across the plate, & called for balls on more than one occasion for BOTH teams) & then THAT happens. 19 innings & THAT'S how it ends? I know it's "just a regular season game in July" but if the ending of this game doesn't help spur on some change when it comes to umpiring (i.e. instant replay), idk what will.

I guess if there's a hilarious part to this, Scott Proctor, a much-maligned RP for the Braves, got the game winning RBI & face-planted on his way out of the batter's box. What an absurd game. Baseball is weird. I'm going to sleep.

That was one of the worst calls I have ever seen in sports in my 20-odd years of watching pro sports.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

This was my initial reaction at the time, and even now still believe it to be the likely reason for the call.

For me the only good thing that came from that abomination was that I was able to get three hours of sleep before coming to work.

Someone will defend this.

They always do when this :censored: gets posted.

The umpire must have thought McKenry missed the tag. You know what? I thought so as well when I first saw that because it looked like McKenry just swung his arm before Lugo got there and missed. The funniest part in the whole thing was Proctor stumbling off the plate after he hit the ball...

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived