I'm on a Mexican Radio

CC97

i'm listening now. you guys have much more violent news than we do in australia, if a cop even had to pull his gun out over here it would be front-page news!

You should give American news radio a listen some time for a real culture shock, then.

When we were in Australia, we caught an episode of a reality cop show. There was an armed robbery of a convenience store with a flathead screwdriver. That's borderline charming, in a felonious sort of way.

... well those flatheads can be quite lethal. It would sure beat an armed robber in Canada who would probably use a Robertson...

Yeah guns are preety much completely illegal over here. You can still own like a hunting rifle and a double-barreled shotgun but that's about it. A guy stuck up a mcdonalds with a knife in perth and it's been news for the last week or so. But this all has to be a good thing right? The thing i don't get about america is people need guns to protect themselves from other people with guns, but i guess we're just different countries.

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

:lol:"I don't know where Columbus is and I don't know why they need blue jackets." I know he's Canadian but it's a pretty simple Civil War reference. Still struck me as a funny line, though.

I was ready to explain but they moved on before I could

I laughed too when the guy said that about Columbus. Maybe because it was delivered with such Canadian politeness? :D

And Chris did a great job because he did seem a bit nervous. Which is perfectly normal, at least that's what I told myself after I drooled on my phone and mumbled incoherently the last time I tried to ask a question on live radio!

Chris did just fine. The hosts were lousy interviewers. For a lot of the segment the hosts were just making statements and expecting him to react, they weren't asking him questions. I think you're mistaking Chris sounding like "was that actually a question I'm supposed to answer?" for being nervous.

Well done Mr. Creamer. They should have let you talk more.

BB52Big.jpg

:lol: "I don't know where Columbus is and I don't know why they need blue jackets." I know he's Canadian but it's a pretty simple Civil War reference. Still struck me as a funny line, though.

I was ready to explain but they moved on before I could

I laughed too when the guy said that about Columbus. Maybe because it was delivered with such Canadian politeness? :D

And Chris did a great job because he did seem a bit nervous. Which is perfectly normal, at least that's what I told myself after I drooled on my phone and mumbled incoherently the last time I tried to ask a question on live radio!

Chris did just fine. The hosts were lousy interviewers. For a lot of the segment the hosts were just making statements and expecting him to react, they weren't asking him questions. I think you're mistaking Chris sounding like "was that actually a question I'm supposed to answer?" for being nervous.

Well done Mr. Creamer. They should have let you talk more.

Thank you sir

There were a lot of things I wanted to bring up - such as the URL of the website (i screamed it at the end of the interview :) ) -- Also being a Calgary station I really wanted to talk about the Heritage Classic and those uniforms, for example; and after his remark about the Jaguars I did want to go into the story of theirs that everyone here already knows... oh well, now I have content for a future blog post.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived