fnz's MLB Concepts

floydnimrod

Team #4

Houston Astros

What Happened:

- The color scheme is now Navy, Orange, and Sand.

- There is no gray uniform (this is the first a few teams with no gray uniform).

- The Logo now includes the Star with Texas rather than the Star by itself.

houstonastros.png

The next team is Kelly Green and Yellow.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the Astros color scheme, wish they would adopt something like this and the sand uniform does work well. My only problem is I think the belt should be blue the orange just seems to clash too much.

3535rx3.jpg

I'm sorry, but the current script wordmark that Houston is using just doesn't go along with their nickname. Astros should have something that is futuristic, that is why I'm a fan of their uniforms of the mid/late 80's to early 90's(after the "rainbow jerseys of the 70's/80's).

Next is the Astros?

I was thinking Padres :therock:

No, that will definitely be the Astros. The throwback color scheme mixed with the modern sand. If he goes throwback on the Padres it would probably be to brown and orange/yellow.

Anyway, I like all three teams so far. I like the striping you added to the Dodgers, and your update of the Yankees logo looks really good.

xhuya48vxgpcj9uw6ereqznsr.gif

But I really like these. The Rays scheme is fantastic, but not sure how much it works with the logo.

I agree with Tygers that their current wordmark doesn't really fit the nickname. I would have liked to see you redesign the unis. Props on going with the old color scheme though, and I like the addition of the sand.

And raysox, I realized that the Padres were blue and orange for awhile, but for a Pads concept you usually see the current colors or the 80s colors, so that was all I was saying. And I was right :P

Can't wait to see the A's!

Team #4

Houston Astros

What Happened:

- The color scheme is now Navy, Orange, and Sand.

- There is no gray uniform (this is the first a few teams with no gray uniform).

- The Logo now includes the Star with Texas rather than the Star by itself.

The next team is Kelly Green and Yellow.

It lacks Tequilla Sunrise Awesomeness

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

Team #5

Oakland Athletics

What Happened:

- I changed the color green back to the shade they wore earlier in their history.

- The sleeve design is supposed to be like the striping they wore in the late 1970s and early 1980s.

- I changed the number font as well.

oaklandathletics.png

The next team is Black, Red, and Sand.

Kinda bummed about it, but I'll bump the thread with another concept

Team #6

Arizona Diamondbacks

- I went back to pinstripes.

- I changed the the away to sand.

- I added the the Diamond pattern on the alternates.

arizonadiamondbacks.png

The next team is Royal Blue and Red, with new emphasis on Navy on an alternate.

Team #2

Tampa Bay Rays

What Happened:

- I changed the colors to Maroon and Yellow, inspired by the the St. Pete Pelicans throwbacks they wore a few years ago. The Devil Ray logo also includes a lighter shade of red. There's no real other reason for the change, other than the throwbacks and the fact that no team in the MLB wears this color combination.

- I removed the drop shadow from the wordmarks and reworked the primary logo to reflect that change.

- On the away uniforms, I thought that the Yellow outlines would make the numbers and script hard to read, but kept them on the sleeve stripes. So let me know if that's something I need to change.

tampabayrays.png

The next team will be Navy, and Silver/Gray. And red (in the logo at least).

The Washington Redskins meets baseball. :P

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Oakland and Arizona both look really good.

I like the number font on the A's, and the logo/number on the front of the home jersey looks good.

For the DBacks, i like the pinstripes and the piping on the alts. The sand road also looks really good. My only suggestion would be to put the "db" logo on the home and road.

And please, no navy for the Cubs! (If that's who is up next)

Yankees: I love everything here, so don't change a thing.

Astros: I don't mind the inclusion of sand, but the sand jerseys just need to go, as they aren't doing anything for me. Otherwise it works for the home and navy uniforms, as well as improving upon their logo and wordmark.

Athletics: I LOVE this set... even more than the Rays, which was previously my favorite. Great job.

Diamondbacks: Once again, not a fan of the sandy uniform, since when compared to the black and red versions it just comes off as inferior and unnecessary.

A's: Beautiful. That font rocks.

Diamondbacks - I'd really like to see gray road uniforms. Maybe you could keep the pinstripes on the road. Maybe.

And I hope the next team isn't the Cubs...

EDIT: You do know Webb signed with the Rangers, right?

I actually knew Webb was gone, but I didn't know where. I don't know if I mentioned this or not (maybe the first post), but a lot of these were started last June, and some were completed. You'll see Arthur Rhodes (another new Ranger) on the Reds here as well.

Archived