fnz's MLB Concepts

floydnimrod

Team #7:

Chicago Cubs (To some's dismay)

What I did:

- I added the stripe on the sleeve that was there as recently as 1993.

- On the away uniforms I added the 'Cubs' script that was used in the mid 1990s to the sleeves.

- I also used the 'Cubs' script on the new Navy road alternate

chicagocubs.png

The next team is Orange & Black.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the addition of the sleve piping a lot, and the royal blue alt looks really good. On the road, I would make the numbers red with a white outline like they are now, and put the C-bear logo on the sleeve instead of the script. And I'm definitely not a fan of the navy alt, mainly because of the lack of red. I like the script though.

like it all a lot.

Good choices with the stripes, O's hat and the old Oriole logo.

I do really like their hats with the front panels white and the old Oriole logo. it would be cool to see those used.

Liking the orange alt and the use of the hometown script on the roads.

5660299338_f9de1a078e_z.jpg

5659732257_11a2c8d0d4_z.jpg

I think the birds head in the logo needs to be a bit bigger. There is too much negative space around it. And the sleeve striping is way to think it looks like a football jersey strips. Other then that I love the direction you went with it with the old school logo

3535rx3.jpg

Cubs: I don't like this at all. First off, you need the NOBs. Second, you need numbers on the front of the road jersey. Third, you need some piping on the road pants. Most importantly, please drop the navy. WAY to many sports teams use navy. Maybe demote blue to the road alt status and emphasize red with a red Sunday alt? 6/10 for now.

Orioles: Wouldn't change a thing, except maybe to add a black road alt. 10/10.

25yzwqg.png

like it all a lot.

Good choices with the stripes, O's hat and the old Oriole logo.

I do really like their hats with the front panels white and the old Oriole logo. it would be cool to see those used.

Liking the orange alt and the use of the hometown script on the roads.

Agreed.

yeah, on the o's, i'd bring the piping down to the bottom of the sleeve. love the alternate. i just don't get how the o's are letting that logo collect dust when it's by far and away their best logo in franchise history.

as far as the cubs, i really, really dislike the mismatching of the royal and navy. but the home royal blue alt looks amazing.

sig2024.png

I like the Angels home and road, but something doesn't make me like the alternate.

I think it might be the double outline of gold and white. That was one thing I myself struggled to like about it. The outline isn't so bad on the home/away, but I wanted to keep it consistent, while separating the concept from the Tampa Bay one posted on the first page.

The Angels look pretty good. I'm glad you brought back the name Anaheim, and maroon and gold look good. I would consider adding some navy, though, to make it like the Lebron-era Cavs color scheme (which I love). Also, the Angels have always had navy in the color scheme, so the look would be more identifiable.

Archived