Stadium Designs

Luigi

This is the stadium design thread. If you have a stadium design that you want to show off, but don't really think it deserves it's own thread, post it here and get some feedback.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's one of my designs, it's preety rough as it was literally done with a pencil, a ruler and a compass. It would work best as a college football stadium:

5437858210_9cdfcb8bc0_z.jpg

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

See the link in my signature for a minor league ballpark design.

I've done more work on it, but the next stage isn't complete enough to add to the thread yet.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I've done a few, but here are two stadiums I made for my sim baseball league

BleusStadium.png

TrappersStadiumpng.png

I like the clean presentation of these. A lot of the details still seem up to the imagination, but what you have gives us a decent idea as to what is going on.

The only thing I'd say is that the seats down each foul line in the outfield should face more towards homeplate rather than straight out. Right now (based on the angle of the aisle being perpendicular to the foul line) you have the seats facing straight out and in all modern stadiums, other than crappy ones like Dolphins Stadium or whatever its called now, they dont face straight in those areas. Also as you have it now, the wall in the part where it jots out near the foul lines, the wall would be very low compared the the rest of the wall around the infield seats and homeplate area because there are more rows of front seats. I know its hard to explain and it might not make much sense, but if you were to draw it 3D, it would become more apparent.

I like the batters' eye things though and overall these are nice.Have you thought about posting the distances of the homerun fence?

I tried to make a hockey arena that looks a bit like Time Warner Cable Arena. Here's the finished results:

hockey_arena_idea_1_by_bigmac1212-d39tbut.jpg

Here's what the colors mean:

Orange-Club seats. There's 2 club lounges on each side of the main concourse.

Blue-Lower Level Seating. You can access them from the main concourse.

Gray-Loge Boxes. These tables are for premium ticket holders.

Red-Ledge tables. Like loge boxes, they are premium tables for premium ticket holders.

Purple-Luxury Suites. There are the luxury boxes/suites that are sold on a multiyear basis.

Brown-Party Suites. These are sold on an event basic.

Green-Upper Seating. There's a notch in the upper seating bowl to reduce seating at the arena.

Ive been a member here long enough, and never submitted a concept, so here goes. I've been drawing arena concepts for some number of years now, and this is the closest concept to complete that I have. It was drawn in as part of a stadium district, which included this arena, an arena geared towards college events and a full size football stadium, but the arena below was the closest to complete out of the three, and the total image size was about 7000 x 6000.

Design inspiration, the outside walls are take offs of Maple Leaf Gardens, the interior is a combination of Verizon Center, Jobing.com Arena, and the lower bowl the old Memorial Auditorium in Buffalo.

The image uploaded a bit smaller then I had intended, so some of the detail is lost, I'll try and correct it if I can.

CCSLCsubmit.jpg

BigMac, are you 6? My friend's 7 year old draws better than that. Take some time, and don't show chicken scratch. If you were in architecture school and I was your professor, I would kick you out of class and fail you for it. Take a clue from Raysox. His are quite professional looking.

I like the clean presentation of these. A lot of the details still seem up to the imagination, but what you have gives us a decent idea as to what is going on.

The only thing I'd say is that the seats down each foul line in the outfield should face more towards homeplate rather than straight out. Right now (based on the angle of the aisle being perpendicular to the foul line) you have the seats facing straight out and in all modern stadiums, other than crappy ones like Dolphins Stadium or whatever its called now, they dont face straight in those areas. Also as you have it now, the wall in the part where it jots out near the foul lines, the wall would be very low compared the the rest of the wall around the infield seats and homeplate area because there are more rows of front seats. I know its hard to explain and it might not make much sense, but if you were to draw it 3D, it would become more apparent.

I like the batters' eye things though and overall these are nice.Have you thought about posting the distances of the homerun fence?

If I get what you're saying, I have my thoughts. The pathway above the seats is higher than the seats, it stays on the same level, and creates a wall in right field. You can't really see it, but you know.

I also made this

http://stadiaarcadia.blogspot.com/2010/08/rays-stadium-concept.html

Archived