Apparel - It's tough being a fan of a small market team

rmackman

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know why M&N caters so much to enormous sizes? There are some of us who wear smaller than a 48.

Teens wear clothes sizes larger than their own size. It's why you see a lot more 2 XL and 3 XL shirts in stores. It's not just because people are fatter, because the stuff being made in those sizes aren't necessarily catering to folks who might be otherwise portly, it's for skinny teens who nonetheless wear their pants large and sagging and shirts big.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

There's always some beauty stuff that never seems to make it to the A's - online, or even the one time I was in the Bay Area - tough to find anything that isn't a generic HEY LOOK WE'RE THE A'S

Buy the elephant on a ball logo patch and place it on a green polo. I want to, that logo along with the crack headed mr. red and mr. met are awesome.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Even in the Sears catalog and such, unless it said "All teams available" you knew you were hosed.

So true. Traditional teams were Bears, Cowboys, Giants, Eagles, Dolphins, 49ers, Redskins, Packers, Raiders. If you were lucky, a product might have been available for Browns, Bills, Broncos, Chiefs, Patriots, Jets, and Vikings as well.

Not too much back in the day for Oilers, Buccaneers, Falcons, Saints, Seahawks, Rams, Cardinals, Bengals, or Lions.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

At least Mitchell & Ness is including the Brewers in this select group.

pMLB2-9521381dt.jpgpMLB2-9521381_alternate1_dt.jpg

Man, that's beautiful. Better start saving for Opening Day.

It's funny. I just saw one just like that for the Rangers in a Marshalls for $30. Mitchell and Ness is always overpriced.

Too bad I can't find this in Indians up here in the Northwest!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Even in the Sears catalog and such, unless it said "All teams available" you knew you were hosed.

So true. Traditional teams were Bears, Cowboys, Giants, Eagles, Dolphins, 49ers, Redskins, Packers, Raiders. If you were lucky, a product might have been available for Browns, Bills, Broncos, Chiefs, Patriots, Jets, and Vikings as well.

Not too much back in the day for Oilers, Buccaneers, Falcons, Saints, Seahawks, Rams, Cardinals, Bengals, or Lions.

About the only thing you were gauranteed to find for any team was pajamas or socks. Everything else was usually available only for the top 10 teams that year

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

At least Mitchell & Ness is including the Brewers in this select group.

pMLB2-9521381dt.jpgpMLB2-9521381_alternate1_dt.jpg

Man, that's beautiful. Better start saving for Opening Day.

It's funny. I just saw one just like that for the Rangers in a Marshalls for $30. Mitchell and Ness is always overpriced.

Expensive? Sure. But in my experience, the M&N quality is excellent (even if I don't care for much of their styling). Can't always say that about Marshalls.

Worth paying for. That's why I'll save up for it.

I didnt want to start my own thread with this because there probably already is one but i couldn't find it. If anyone in the Bay Area (or really anywhere) can find any a's stuff at Marshalls or Ross in a size XL (48) for cheap will you please message me or just post a picture of the item on this thread i would greatly appreciate it (I can do the same thing for anyone looking for rox gear.)

Thanks, KCCF

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

I thought everyone understood the concept of Demand. Unless there is a big enough demand for an item, a company is not going to make it. Many styles have minimums. So that henley could have been created (on paper) for all teams, however only those select teams had enough orders against it to actually produce. Why would Mitchell and Ness want to make 500 brewers Henley's if they know they are only going to sell 100?

I don't think the OP doesn't understand the concept of demand. Obviously there is a greater demand for major market teams (thats why they call them MAJOR MARKETS). That doesn't mean he's wrong about it being tough to be a small market fan. I've seen tons of awesome NBA gear that only comes in the Lakers, Knicks, Bulls, Celtics, etc. Its annoying.

It does suck being a small market fan sometimes, but there are a lot of things that make up for it as well. They apparel thing though?? Yeah, it sucks.

I've seen a ton of Phillies gear by that company at local TJ Maxx's over the past few years.

The quality is not great, but it is worth the price that they charge ($20 - $40 depending on type of item.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Cool - find me a blue Brewers version and I'll buy one.

As an aside, that Cubs cap logo looks really good by itself on a jacket. Make a good alt jersey.

I just noticed that the company that makes that, for some reason, only does current looks. However, you can find similar stuff for cheaper if you just either search around on the internet or go into a thrift store.

Archived