ANGELS to wear throwbacks in '11

ARTnSocal

The most annoying part is that the Angels' official store advertises the 59Fifty version but doesn't actually sell it:

270x120_coopcap_ana.jpg

that usually means they'll be stocking them soon.

Let's hope so, I am keeping an eye out for these caps.

If you don't want to wait, you could try calling the team store at the stadium. They usually stock the real stuff. They had the throwbacks in the store last year and they had the retro New Era hats as well.

Thank you for the great idea and trying to put this thread back on topic. I will try to call their team store today, don't know why I didn't think of that.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stickers are like price tags, the sticker you find on your pants/khakis or any indicator that it's for sale at a store. Once you purchase it, you remove it, indicating it has been purchased for. I don't understand why people love to wear caps that give them the impression they just copped it from a store.

pantsize.jpg

Do you wear your pants with these stickers still on them? It's the same thing with the caps.

I don't wear them like that but I had always wondered. So if you do like to wear your cap with the stickers on the brim, could you help explain why?

And as for bending the bill, I suppose it depends for it's purpose. You bend it if you need to block the sun, to fit comfortably on the head. If you keep it flat, I would assume it's only for looks because I can't figure out what other purpose it would serve to keep it flat.

Go A's!

And as for bending the bill, I suppose it depends for it's purpose. You bend it if you need to block the sun, to fit comfortably on the head. If you keep it flat, I would assume it's only for looks because I can't figure out what other purpose it would serve to keep it flat.

I recently bought a new 5950 and tried to wear it flat but the construction of the cap caused irritation on my forehead - I think the herringbone (or whatever that plastic strip is called underneat the brim) has a join there or something, it would slightly put pressure on my forehead, causing discomfort. Bending the bill relieves that for me. But hey, I tried!

I do leave the hologram on underneath the bill but I take off the big stickers they put on top of the bill. But no opinion either way if others like to keep it on, it's all personal preference.

I don't understand why people love to wear caps that give them the impression they just copped it from a store.

Kind of answered your own question. Stealing is glamorous.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't wear hats so I'm not really in either the "straight" or "curved" brim camp, but IMO if you're not actually playing a sport, there's no need for the cap to be curved the way that it's intended to be when worn on the field. Much the same way that replica NFL jerseys have sleeves and aren't cut at the armpits like the on-field versions. If you like it curved then cool, but I don't see the need for it. It's just style, and I don't really see why people get so angry about it. If your outfit is really slouchy then a crisp brim and structured crown are probably not appropriate. Then again if your outfit is a little more sharp and you are using a hat to accessorize (which I wouldn't, but still) then the "Ford guy" look (or the Twins47 look) probably isn't right either.

There's tons of fashion choices that people don't think look good, but for some reason, it's things like flat-brimmed baseball caps and stickers that actually elicit anger. In most cases it's just laughter or dislike, but in this case it seems like it's more than that. Just sayin'.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't wear hats so I'm not really in either the "straight" or "curved" brim camp, but IMO if you're not actually playing a sport, there's no need for the cap to be curved the way that it's intended to be when worn on the field. Much the same way that replica NFL jerseys have sleeves and aren't cut at the armpits like the on-field versions. If you like it curved then cool, but I don't see the need for it. It's just style, and I don't really see why people get so angry about it. If your outfit is really slouchy then a crisp brim and structured crown are probably not appropriate. Then again if your outfit is a little more sharp and you are using a hat to accessorize (which I wouldn't, but still) then the "Ford guy" look (or the Twins47 look) probably isn't right either.

There's tons of fashion choices that people don't think look good, but for some reason, it's things like flat-brimmed baseball caps and stickers that actually elicit anger. In most cases it's just laughter or dislike, but in this case it seems like it's more than that. Just sayin'.

At least to me, and I don't want to stereotype, but a majority of the people who leave the stickers on the cap or the brim flat tend to be a bit lower-class in the way they carry themselves, and most of them tend to be young people too. If you look at the time major leaguers started wearing the flat brims as opposed to the curved brims, it all coincided with the "street/hip-hop" movement that many people associate with the Raiders' black gear and NBA's lengthening shorts becoming "in." I'm not saying that this is necessarily "right" or "wrong," just associating the phenomenons.

If that's the way you want to portray yourself, then that's fine, but I feel that the curved brim seems a bit more mature.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

At least to me, and I don't want to stereotype, but a majority of the people who leave the stickers on the cap or the brim flat tend to be a bit lower-classin the way they carry themselves, and most of them tend to be young people too. If you look at the time major leaguers started wearing the flat brims as opposed to the curved brims, it all coincided with the "street/hip-hop" movement that many people associate with the Raiders' black gear and NBA's lengthening shorts becoming "in." I'm not saying that this is necessarily "right" or "wrong," just associating the phenomenons.

If that's the way you want to portray yourself, then that's fine, but I feel that the curved brim seems a bit more mature.

Uh...you just did.

20091201-jackass.jpg

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

At least to me, and I don't want to stereotype, but a majority of the people who leave the stickers on the cap or the brim flat tend to be a bit lower-class in the way they carry themselves, and most of them tend to be young people too. If you look at the time major leaguers started wearing the flat brims as opposed to the curved brims, it all coincided with the "street/hip-hop" movement that many people associate with the Raiders' black gear and NBA's lengthening shorts becoming "in." I'm not saying that this is necessarily "right" or "wrong," just associating the phenomenons.

I disagree. I think most non-thug douchebags tend to curve their brims.

As with any other article of clothing, it really comes down to how the person acts, not what he is wearing. Simply wearing a flat or curved brim really doesn't determine the personality of the person. There are plenty of :censored:s out there who wear curved brims. Many of them are actual baseball players, but a lot of them are not.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Once my 59Fifty even gets the slightest curve, I replace it. My hats are like my J's and Tim's. Mint condition or they become useless.

I think I figured out why you're always broke Johnny.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Watched little league world series last year and all those stupid kids were wearing them flat

Since these were "stupid kids", could you please show me the official rules for all mankind when it comes to wearing a ballcap. I've never seen it.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Archived