ANGELS to wear throwbacks in '11

ARTnSocal

Good lord, what have I wrought?

Kinda funny and sad all at once. It definitely shows the massive ignorance individuals have when judging others. They have this mindset that if you're this age, you dress like this....if you're this racial color, you dress like this...and etc. This already erupted on other threads too.

People need to judge only the person they see in the mirror....not others. Wear what you want and how ever you want too.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched little league world series last year and all those stupid kids were wearing them flat

Since these were "stupid kids", could you please show me the official rules for all mankind when it comes to wearing a ballcap. I've never seen it.

Those caps were too big for their heads plus there are no rules, but logic says that a curved brim is more effective when used as a visor to protect from the sun.

Like I said before, I have never heard of a reason why people wear flat brim unless it's for fashion purposes. But since these kids were wearing caps for the game, I don't understand why they were flat.

Go A's!

More images from Friday...e7eaac8aaca37bd52d4a5d9918ec68d0-getty-109236723hh014_atlanta_brav.jpg

...and I'll say it for the 1,000th time: The Angels need to have navy caps full-time.

I'm usually somewhat indifferent when it comes to the Angels' uniforms but these throwbacks seriously look tremendous compared to what they're wearing now. I generally really like navy blue in uniforms so I may be biased, but the balance of navy and red in this uniform is awesome.

Yeah, flat brims look silly. So do the overly curved brims that fratdouches were wearing a few years ago (still might?). Who knew this hat business was so hard.

Back when I was in elementary school, the cool thing was having the most extreme brim curve, and when I say brim curve I mean cracking the plastic inside the brim so the brim was at an acute angle. Damn kids...

haha...you know that this is going to be a BS poll though. I'll go out on a limb and say 80-90% of the people that use the CCSLC forums are middle-class caucasians. Yes, I will stereotype when I say this, but that group is almost always against hip-hop/urban fashions, so of course they will hate that style and call it "idiotic", "lower-class", and etc... :P

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Kinda funny and sad all at once. It definitely shows the massive ignorance individuals have when judging others. They have this mindset that if you're this age, you dress like this....if you're this racial color, you dress like this...and etc.

People need to judge only the person they see in the mirror....not others.

haha...you know that this is going to be a BS poll though. I'll go out on a limb and say 80-90% of the people that use the CCSLC forums are middle-class caucasians. Yes, I will stereotype when I say this, but that group is almost always against hip-hop/urban fashions, so of course they will hate that style and call it "idiotic", "lower-class", and etc... :P

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Kinda funny and sad all at once. It definitely shows the massive ignorance individuals have when judging others. They have this mindset that if you're this age, you dress like this....if you're this racial color, you dress like this...and etc.

People need to judge only the person they see in the mirror....not others.

I'm pretty sure I made it a point that I was going to make a stereotype comment. Of course I know it's wrong...that's I admitted it was a stereotype comment. Foolish to point out something that I made a point for it to be known. My stereotype isn't a blind one though, I have ownership in 2 clothing companies (includes New Era and Mitchell & Ness products) and I know who buys my merchandise.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

So you did something you admit was wrong to do. Way to stick to your convictions Sparky.

Also, I call bs on New Era being "your" company. If I'm wrong I'm wrong, but this isn't the kind of thing I'm going to take at face value on the innerwebs.

I like hip hop and urban fashion and I'm Chinese. And I can still say that despite that, there are some things about it I like and some things I don't like. I can understand the flat brims as a fashion thing but other than that, what's the point of keeping it flat?

I am just looking for an explanation as to why people keep it flat outside of the fashion sense. Why keep it flat while in a baseball game?

Go A's!

I used to only rock curved bill hats but always liked the look of flat bills, so I went ahead and bought 2 flat bills. My Nike Oregon flat bill is pretty damn comfy and I look pretty good in it. I look good in curved hats too but I'm not that much of a fan of them anymore.

But whatever, it's my style, which I like to think I have my own. I take bits and pieces from the (black and white on this board) fashion styles and make my own. Therefore, no rules :grin:

So you did something you admit was wrong to do. Way to stick to your convictions Sparky.

Also, I call bs on New Era being "your" company. If I'm wrong I'm wrong, but this isn't the kind of thing I'm going to take at face value on the innerwebs.

"includes New Era and Mitchell & Ness products"...uh, that means I'm a supplier of those two. Our catalog includes over 52 companies (Nike, Reebok, Crooks & Castles, and etc). Plus, I wasn't calling anyone "lower-class" or an "idiot" for the clothes and/or fashion style they want to wear. I was strictly stated the demographic that likes to purchase/wear items a certain way. HUGE DIFFERENCE, Sparky.

I know my audience, if I didn't, my older and current companies would've fallen flat on their faces. So yes, I am sticking to my convictions.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

I like hip hop and urban fashion and I'm Chinese. And I can still say that despite that, there are some things about it I like and some things I don't like. I can understand the flat brims as a fashion thing but other than that, what's the point of keeping it flat?

I am just looking for an explanation as to why people keep it flat outside of the fashion sense. Why keep it flat while in a baseball game?

To many people, the flat bill is more comfortable (yes, even during games). Plus, the hat size VS comfort is also different when wearing it flat or curved. So if you wear a curved New Era cap that is comfortable in a size 7 1/8, it is highly unlikely it will be comfortable in that size as a flat brim. But yes, overall, the flat bill is for fashion.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Once my 59Fifty even gets the slightest curve, I replace it. My hats are like my J's and Tim's. Mint condition or they become useless.

There is no one in the year 2011, after years upon years of intellectual evolution, that someone would say this. Sarcastic or serious, I refuse to believe someone one would actually say that. Wanna know why? Because if there were a just and loving God, he would lay waste upon that individual with his vengeful hammer.

Anyway... there are two, TWO, and only two stickers that should remain on a "fresh" hat: 1.) The "Minor League Baseball Genuine Merchandise" hologram on the underside of the bill for all MiLB hats. 2.) The "MLB Authentic Collection" hologram on the underside of the bill for all MLB hats. Any other stickers make you look like a pretentious, pompous, ignorant, simpleton.

For the record, I don't flatten my bills for "fashion". I have always kept my bills flat since I was playing Hot Stove, and wore it flat through high school, into college, and I still wear them flat now. For me (and for most who actually played) its functionality over "fashion".

On second thought... Some of you should leave the stickers on the top of your bills. It helps identify the people that will be ringing me up at the mall.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

To many people, the flat bill is more comfortable (yes, even during games). Plus, the hat size VS comfort is also different when wearing it flat or curved. So if you wear a curved New Era cap that is comfortable in a size 7 1/8, it is highly unlikely it will be comfortable in that size as a flat brim. But yes, overall, the flat bill is for fashion.

And that's pretty much what I was looking for... although a curved brim works so much better to block the sun than a flat brim.

Go A's!

When I played, it was for functionality. It helped with peripheral vision, it helped keep sunglasses on top of the hat, when wearing sunglasses it allowed for them to fit without having to adjust your hat in the field, when wearing Gargoyles, it was easier to flip the shades up and down. Not to mention, 98% of baseball players are suspicious when it comes to SOMETHING with either their uniform or how the prepare for a game/at bat/warm ups/etc. I know for a lot of us around here, it was considered bad luck to break the cardboard in a bill, so no one ever even tried to bend their bills.

I also heard a rumor that since most Fraternity brothers like to round their bills a ridiculous amount - to the point they ruin the hat - that most ball players chose not to bend them at all.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Once my 59Fifty even gets the slightest curve, I replace it. My hats are like my J's and Tim's. Mint condition or they become useless.

There is no one in the year 2011, after years upon years of intellectual evolution, that someone would say this. Sarcastic or serious, I refuse to believe someone one would actually say that. Wanna know why? Because if there were a just and loving God, he would lay waste upon that individual with his vengeful hammer.

Anyway... there are two, TWO, and only two stickers that should remain on a "fresh": 1.) The "Minor League Baseball Genuine Merchandise" hologram on the underside of the bill for all MiLB hats. 2.) The "MLB Authentic Collection" hologram on the underside of the bill for all MLB hats. Any other stickers make you look like a pretentious, pompous, ignorant, simpleton.

For the record, I don't flatten my bills for "fashion". I have always kept my bills flat since I was playing Hot Stove, and wore it flat through high school, into college, and I still wear them flat now. For me (and for most who actually played) its functionality over "fashion".

On second thought... Some of you should leave the stickers on the top of your bills. It helps identify the people that will be ringing me up at the mall.

That exact quote I highlighted in bold can easily sum your thought process as well....it's a 2-way door; remember that.

Yes, I replace my hats and shoes often, so what. Go ahead a label me all you want, I guarantee you're wrong. Besides my 2 current highly profitable businesses, I'm also a Master Sergeant in the active duty USAF, married, 2 beautiful little girls, have a Master of Science in Industrial Engineering degree from Southern Illinois University, and I'm an artist at heart (music, painting, drawing, and etc). I stay in the military not for the money and benefits, but because I'm proud of what I do. So if me wearing a flat brim hat w/ a sticker or anything else makes me an individual that "God should lay waste upon with his vengeful hammer" (wow, BTW) then you obviously are clueless to the world around you.

So go ahead and insult me all you want, I just sit back at laugh at it anyways.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Anyway... there are two, TWO, and only two stickers that should remain on a "fresh": 1.) The "Minor League Baseball Genuine Merchandise" hologram on the underside of the bill for all MiLB hats. 2.) The "MLB Authentic Collection" hologram on the underside of the bill for all MLB hats. Any other stickers make you look like a pretentious, pompous, ignorant, simpleton.

That exact quote can easily sum your thought process as well....it's a 2-way door.

Yes, I replace my hats and shoes often, so what. Go ahead a label me all you want, I guarantee you're wrong. Besides my 2 current highly profitable businesses, I'm also a Master Sergeant in the active duty USAF, married, 2 beautiful little girls, have a Master of Science in Industrial Engineering degree from Southern Illinois University, and I'm an artist at heart (music, painting, drawing, and etc). I stay in the military not for the money and benefits, but because I'm proud of what I do. So if me wearing a flat brim hat w/ a sticker or anything else makes me an individual that "God should lay waste upon with his vengeful hammer" (wow, BTW) then you obviously are clueless to the world around you.

So go ahead and insult me all you want, I just sit back at laugh at it anyways.

Thank You for your service first and foremost.

On topic, I wear my hat pretty flat with no stickers, most of the time when I buy a hat I just put it on and wear it as it is. I don't bend it, basically it isn't about fashion it is about keeping your hat looking nice, if it is all bent up it no longer looks new.

As far as the whole blocking the sun argument, most of the time I wear a hat I'm at my house, in school, or in the mall. When I am outside I never think Oh wow I need to block the sun with my hat.

This really is a stupid argument, different ages and different demographics have different tastes so there is no point in arguing about how we wear hats.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

When I played, it was for functionality. It helped with peripheral vision, it helped keep sunglasses on top of the hat, when wearing sunglasses it allowed for them to fit without having to adjust your hat in the field, when wearing Gargoyles, it was easier to flip the shades up and down. Not to mention, 98% of baseball players are suspicious when it comes to SOMETHING with either their uniform or how the prepare for a game/at bat/warm ups/etc. I know for a lot of us around here, it was considered bad luck to break the cardboard in a bill, so no one ever even tried to bend their bills.

I also heard a rumor that since most Fraternity brothers like to round their bills a ridiculous amount - to the point they ruin the hat - that most ball players chose not to bend them at all.

Yeah, Hi. Fraternity brother and former baseball player here. Your rumor is untrue. A lot of the guys that were in the fraternity with me wore flat bills. Nobody gave their hats the tunnel vision treatments. Then again, I didn't go to college in 1996 when that was big.

When I played, I curved my baseball hats. They weren't curved to the point where I lost peripheral vision, they were curved to the point where it blocked the sun and I didn't look like a raging tool. If I'm wearing a hat just out and about, I give it a curved bill because it looks better. I also usually wear a lower profile so my head doesn't look huge. It was fashionable before the flat bill, it'll be fashionable after. Just like the blue pinstriped suit survived the leisure suit, the curved bill will survive the flat bill because it looks better and is more classic.

As for functionally I always found a curved bill to be better at blocking the sun than a flat bill.

It is possible to look good without jumping on every popular trend. In many cases, that's the only way to look good. How often do we look back and fashion trends and say, "Damn that looked great. I'm not embarrassed that I wore those acid washed jeans."?

PvO6ZWJ.png

And that's pretty much what I was looking for... although a curved brim works so much better to block the sun than a flat brim.

That is def true and the sole purpose of a brim. Most of my relaxed-fit hats are curved (those most already come that way) and those are very comfortable that way, but to me, the 59Fifty are definitely more comfortable with a flat brim on this cranium. ^_^

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Thank You for your service first and foremost.

On topic, I wear my hat pretty flat with no stickers, most of the time when I buy a hat I just put it on and wear it as it is. I don't bend it, basically it isn't about fashion it is about keeping your hat looking nice, if it is all bent up it no longer looks new.

As far as the whole blocking the sun argument, most of the time I wear a hat I'm at my house, in school, or in the mall. When I am outside I never think Oh wow I need to block the sun with my hat.

This really is a stupid argument, different ages and different demographics have different tastes so there is no point in arguing about how we wear hats.

Exactly my point and why I prefer to replace them.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Archived