NCAA Football Realignment Concept Project (ACC)

vicfurth

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My main beef is that there's too many California teams. There's no need for one state to take up more than half of the conference. I'd ditch Fresno State and San Jose State, replace them with Boise State and either Utah or Colorado, and adjust the divisions accordingly if it were my concept.

But it isn't. Anyways, most of the Pacific coast is taken up by California, so it seems fitting.

Since Florida has the most coastline of any state on the Atlantic, should the ACC be all Florida schools?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

My main beef is that there's too many California teams. There's no need for one state to take up more than half of the conference. I'd ditch Fresno State and San Jose State, replace them with Boise State and either Utah or Colorado, and adjust the divisions accordingly if it were my concept.

But it isn't. Anyways, most of the Pacific coast is taken up by California, so it seems fitting.

Since Florida has the most coastline of any state on the Atlantic, should the ACC be all Florida schools?

No. It has the most, but MANY other states have large coastlines. The Carolinas, Virginia, New Jersey, Maine, Maryland, Georgia, New York, Massachusetts. In this concept, I would not oppose to more teams in Oregon and Washington, but there are not as many prestigious colleges with good football teams in those states.

25yzwqg.png

FRESNO STATE BULLDOGS

V for Victory

With Fresno's current set of uniforms, there are always two main gripes: Terrible helmet and outdated uniforms (mainly the drop-shadow). Also, we tend to have a collective raising-of-the-eyebrow about the green V. Why have the green V? I researched to find that it is a memento to the agricultural community of San Joaquin Valley. [/ Brief Trivia Lesson]

That being said, it still looks like crap on the back of the helmets. So, in my world the university worked with Nike and the community to create this design (hears collective groans). Hold on, hold on though. I moved the V off the helmet into a more-subtle and incorporated portion of the uniform. The green V will actually be on the front half of the collar. I tried the idea and it really worked without clashing with the red and blue throughout the rest of the set.

The helmet is really simple. I decided to keep the red shell but switch out the bulky dog logo for the baseball team's "FS" logo. I really feel that the sleeker look of the monogram matches much better with the concept.

The jerseys are also simple. The font remains mostly the same (almost Machine, but not quite) but I got rid of the drop-shadow, again in an effort to polish the look. The back of the jerseys (along with the front helmet bumper) have a dog paw logo that I really like.

The pants have a simple two-stripe pattern going down the side. Around the hip area, I kept the main bulldog logo but kept it much smaller. It keeps the main logo on the uniform without being distracting, I think.

Potential Combos Are:

Red/Red (Primary Home)

Red/White

White/Red (Primary Road)

White/White

FresnoStateBulldogs.png

FresnoStateBulldogs2.png

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I think the script "Bulldogs" would be a better helmet logo, but I'm a huge fan of the script logo. If you find or can create a white version of the script outlined in navy blue, let me know. There are a few other minor changes I'd make if I had the skill to create a concept, but nothing so amazing that you need to change yours. I like it overall.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Thanks guys. I wasn't sure how the collar would be received. I'm glad ya like it. I got another coming down the pike today. I wonder what will happen when I unveil Oregon... :blink:

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Thanks guys. I wasn't sure how the collar would be received. I'm glad ya like it. I got another coming down the pike today. I wonder what will happen when I unveil Oregon... :blink:

I never said I liked the collar! :P Just kidding; I can't wait for Oregon or whatever the next concept is! ;)

25yzwqg.png

HAWAI'I WARRIORS

Goodbye Starbucks, Hello Christmas?

This has to be one of the more unique color schemes to date. To me, Hawaii should be a colorful, highly-saturated school. The black and dark green and silver just don't really cut it for me. It's gotta pop more and really stand out. With that said, I bring you Hawaii...

My first move was to re-do the color scheme. I kept the green and added bright red. The black is gone and I only used silver on the undersleeve. With the saturated look, I went with green on the home and red for an alternate. The helmet is now white with a green "H" on the side. I tried to combine the tribal pattern with the colors. I really like how it came out.

The jerseys/pants echo the tribal pattern. I have a simple number font that blends well without being too "out-there". Really like the way the 99 came out on the Noga jersey.

Potential Combos Are:

Green/White (Primary Home)

Green/Green

White/White (Primary Road)

White/Green

Red/White

HawaiiWarriors.png

HawaiiWarriors2.png

As a UH fan I would have to say i love the whole design and concept, but I'm not really a fan of the Red. If you kep the black but used it on the Alt and the trimming you used the Red with the Home and Aways then it would'nt be as dark but still a good combo. Plus I like the Black and Green as a color scheme, not a lot of NCAA teams use Black and Green as their main colors.

spacer.png

Hell, when your school's nickname was Rainbows, any color works. Red and Green just works so well here... and come to think of it, there isn't really anyone in the NCAA that has Red and Green outside of Mississippi Valley State, so this is a great idea.

I do notice that you're missing the Pac-12 patch on the jersey. I assume that's on purpose there or was that a mistake?

Hell, when your school's nickname was Rainbows, any color works. Red and Green just works so well here... and come to think of it, there isn't really anyone in the NCAA that has Red and Green outside of Mississippi Valley State, so this is a great idea.

I do notice that you're missing the Pac-12 patch on the jersey. I assume that's on purpose there or was that a mistake?

Mistake on my part. I rushed it

Archived