NCAA Football Realignment Concept Project (ACC)

vicfurth

Hey guys. Got major crap going on at work, including dealing with a false harassment claim from a 19-year old girl.

Needless to say, inspiration is not coming very easily right now. I do get to keep my job but now I dont want it. I am calling the project off for the time being. I'll unveil what I have left in the PAC 12 and ACC but I don't have anything left for the rest for now.

Damn that sux. I wish you the best and hope this blows over quickly for you.

gYH2mW9.png

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

STANFORD CARDINAL

Another Conference, Another Red/White Team

Standford kit looks good. Simple design is timeless. I could split hairs and ask about why you stopped the stripe at the hip or whether the triple stripe was necessary on the collar, but all in all it looks quite nice. Stanford's football program should be no B.S. and you delivered.

Go Cougs.

The pant stripe was to add a small twinge of "modern" to the set.

The intent for the collar, though, was to see a double-white/red stripe rather than a triple.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

USC: I love this...except for the numbers. I don't really know what about them I don't like, however. But that striping is great! 9.5/10.

Stanford: This is nice, cool, simple, and elegant. The neck and sleeve stripes make this concept. 10/10.

25yzwqg.png

I like washington's uniforms, but I still am partial to the purple helmets.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

WASHINGTON HUSKIES

APPLE PART 1

I understand why you went with a modern look and it looks fairly sleek. That being said, I feel like the numbers need to reflect the font of the "W" on the helmet (which would necessitate a more traditional varsity block font). The shoulders look cluttered to me with the dog head logo, the numbers, and the striping. I LIKE the leg stripe, however it's also incongruent with the helmet "W" font. However, changing the helmet logo is a big deal and I'm not sure if the dog head could stand alone on the lid. The gold jerseys are not to my taste. My favorite combo is the purple jersey with gold pants. I'm undecided on what the white jersey should be paired with.

Please take these comments with a grain of salt. I'm a traditionalist for sure and since UW is my arch-rival school, I have a weird sort of attachment to their look. Personally, I think if they took the piping out of their current jerseys and avoided the blackout look, it would be perfect (NFL stripes on the helmet and pants, varsity block numbers).

Can't wait to see what you do with my Cougs!

Go Cougs.

Is that the right shade of gold? Looks a little weird.

I thought the same thing, it looks olive

I believe Washington's "gold" color is RGB 233, 220, 167. Not sure what that translates to Pantone-wise because I'm a fancy MS Paint user. ;)

Go Cougs.

WASHINGTON HUSKIES

APPLE PART 1

I won't get mad if ya dislike a concept. ;-)

Lol I won't get mad if someone dislikes a concept. I got 130 planned. Can't hit 130 home runs. I'll damn sure try though.

I understand why you went with a modern look and it looks fairly sleek. That being said, I feel like the numbers need to reflect the font of the "W" on the helmet (which would necessitate a more traditional varsity block font). The shoulders look cluttered to me with the dog head logo, the numbers, and the striping. I LIKE the leg stripe, however it's also incongruent with the helmet "W" font. However, changing the helmet logo is a big deal and I'm not sure if the dog head could stand alone on the lid. The gold jerseys are not to my taste. My favorite combo is the purple jersey with gold pants. I'm undecided on what the white jersey should be paired with.

Please take these comments with a grain of salt. I'm a traditionalist for sure and since UW is my arch-rival school, I have a weird sort of attachment to their look. Personally, I think if they took the piping out of their current jerseys and avoided the blackout look, it would be perfect (NFL stripes on the helmet and pants, varsity block numbers).

Can't wait to see what you do with my Cougs!

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Lol I won't get mad if someone dislikes a concept. I got 130 planned. Can't hit 130 home runs. I'll damn sure try though.

No offense intended, glad to hear none was taken. :) You've had way more hits than misses as far as I'm concerned!

Go Cougs.

No offense intended, glad to hear none was taken. :) You've had way more hits than misses as far as I'm concerned!

Never turn down a chance to improve, I say.

WASHINGTON STATE COUGARS

APPLE PART 2

I'm so happy you did a Coug concept! Frankly, the school has struggled to develop a visual identity until just recently. Though I'm a fan of uniformity, I am not sold that the current Nike rollout puts WSU's best foot forward. That being said, I'm a fan of this concept!

Now to the soapbox: The first set (gray helmet, gray pants, crimson jersey/white away jersey) is very close to my taste. The stripe/design on the pants and jersey sides gives it a bit of a modern look, but I think it could correlate more closely with the number font. Incidentally, I like the font you chose. I'm not yet a fan of the most recent WSU typeface with the wings off the top of lead letters and numbers.

I like the "Cougars" script on the tailbone and helmet bumper (though I wonder if doing a simple block "WSU" or "WAZZU" would stand out a little more on the bumper, small space). Logo on the collar is great and numbers on the sleeves is much better than a duplicate logo.

Now the crimson helmet and pants are not quite to my tastes. The gray doesn't really pop off of it. Adding a white outline might help that, but frankly I think the gray pants and helmet are the best of the group and alternates are superfluous.

Thanks for doing this one Vicfurth!

Go Cougs.

Archived