NCAA Football Realignment Concept Project (ACC)

vicfurth

I like this one a lot. It's different. My only gripe is that the font you used looks like an italicized MSU font.

Old Nashville Predators actually. Wanted something italic to match the helmet.

Ah, yeah. Now I see it. It definitely works with those unis. It's that little spike at the top of the number that made me say that, but I guess our numbers are more square than that.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, i know that the BiG stands for tradition and such, but you've barely changed anything with the uniforms. They changes you have made have been uncreative and, save Illinois, almost unnoticeable. Simple changes can be fine. But It seems you are simply doing this out of uncreativity more than anything else. C'mon, push the envelope a little harder please?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

^^^^^ I don't know what you're thining? Aren't we allowed to do what we want with concepts? How bout I push you around when you don't use "creativity".

I know, but concepts should try something new. Not just add a few minor changes. I'm mostly upset because this has been a pattern of his most recent designs.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Heh, Big 10 schools aren't really the poster child for carbon-and-volt, Spleen.

I've said it before, the final product is either a combination of multiple ideas that meshed or the 10-11th idea I've run on a concept before I actually like it. I've even started and completely scrapped some of these schools multiple times. If pushing the envelope involves making the Buckeyes or Lions look like Nike's bastard son (like Oregon or Boise), than color me uncreative.

I guarantee that, in my concept world, these are the best they can look.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I've said it before, the final product is either a combination of multiple ideas that meshed or the 10-11th idea I've run on a concept before I actually like it. I've even started and completely scrapped some of these schools multiple times. If pushing the envelope involves making the Buckeyes or Lions look like Nike's bastard son (like Oregon or Boise), than color me uncreative.

I am in no way saying that you should suddenly give Ohio State a black out uniform. But, in the case of penn state, you did practically nothing. A blue pants option would have looked great. I know for a fact that blue helmet with the lion logo look stunning. Maybe incorporate some grey into their uniforms (as they use that color on some of their more recent athletic logos). I know it's your concept series, but where's the same creative spark you had like with Christmas Hawaii?

Because some teams just don't lend well to creative and offbeat ideas. Ever thought of that spleen?

The case of Ohio State and Penn State fit well into this arguement. Everyone knows that THE Ohio State has the plain silver helmets that can be covered with Buckeye stickers over the year. Penn State has the plain white helmets.

You see, this is vicfurth's thread and he can choose how team would look like in his universe. If he wants Ohio State and Penn State to keep it's traditional looks, then he can. Nothing is wrong with being creative, but some teams just don't lend well to crazy ideas.

This. Because no matter what you do, making over-the-top recreations of these teams will cause all hell to break loose, and they don't look right. As someone who just did a B1G series, I can attest to this. It takes a lot of trial and error-- especially with the tradition.

Keep up the good work. And sorry if I sounded like an ass after the OSU post haha.

Because some teams just don't lend well to creative and offbeat ideas. Ever thought of that spleen?

The case of Ohio State and Penn State fit well into this arguement. Everyone knows that THE Ohio State has the plain silver helmets that can be covered with Buckeye stickers over the year. Penn State has the plain white helmets.

You see, this is vicfurth's thread and he can choose how team would look like in his universe. If he wants Ohio State and Penn State to keep it's traditional looks, then he can. Nothing is wrong with being creative, but some teams just don't lend well to crazy ideas.

I not advocating crazy ideas. The more I look at it, the more Ohio State is starting to grow on me. The new shoulder stripes are a helluva lot better than the ones they have now. But you literally did nothing with Penn State. I'm not saying to get crazy, but do something! Like I said, blue pants would look great.

The old Predators font is one of my favorite number fonts in all of sports and I think it works great with Illinois. It makes them look modern.

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

There you go! I like the M on the sides a lot. This is what I mean by creativity. BiG schools aren't immune to interesting ideas.

I not advocating crazy ideas. The more I look at it, the more Ohio State is starting to grow on me. The new shoulder stripes are a helluva lot better than the ones they have now. But you literally did nothing with Penn State. I'm not saying to get crazy, but do something! Like I said, blue pants would look great.

It's also one of those threads that if you don't like what he's doing, don't look at the thread.

Solid look. I think you should look at a more serifed font to see if it would mesh better with the 'M'. Something I've always wanted to do, but never gotten around to. I like the shoulder design, too.

Archived