vicfurth

NCAA Football Realignment Concept Project (ACC)

That logo has been around for quite some time now. The University tried to implement it, but it was widely shot down by fans. I see the Iowa uniform as more of an untouchable even though it is a copy of the Steelers. It is still an iconic look for them.

That Iowa helmet logo has been around for quite some time now. The University tried to implement it, but it was widely shot down by fans. I see the Iowa uniform as more of an untouchable even though it is a copy of the Steelers. It is still an iconic look for them.

I've been behind, so here's my C&C on the last 5 concepts:

Indiana: Simple and classic. Just like the Hoosiers should be. 10/10.

Purdue: This is great. It is hard to get gold and silver to work in harmony, but you did it perfectly. And with an added Boilmaker flare. I love the font, the sleeve, helmet and pants pattern, and basically everything about this. 10/10.

Michigan State: I'm not sure how I feel about the bronze, but it isn't awful, and could grow on me. I like this concept as a whole, however. 9/10.

Wisconsin: Cool. It's very Wisconsin. 10/10.

Iowa: Yes! The Steelers of the NCAA are no more! I LOVE the font, the uniform combination choices, the wings, the helmet, and EVERYTHING! Perfect! 10/10.

KANSAS JAYHAWKS

There were a couple mains things I wanted to do with Kansas. One, I wanted to step away from the Trajan font (which I really don't like at all). Two, I wanted to separate them from looking like the New York Giants. I really stepped up the blue and red here. The numbers and helmet logo are now red on blue.

One last thing I did was try to pay homage to the great basketball teams. I brought back the serifed numbers and added a piping scheme that is very similar to the current piping and striping on the basketball team.

KansasJayhawks.png

KansasJayhawksAlternates.png

I think a red helmet would be unique for this set

MICHIGAN WOLVERINES

MichiganWolverines.png

I know the helmet's weird. I couldn't for the life of me make the wing work.

MICHIGAN WOLVERINES

MichiganWolverines.png

I know the helmet's weird. I couldn't for the life of me make the wing work.

I love how the front of the jersey looks completely untouched but the wing is continued on the back of the jersey. very unique and creative.

Michigan: Nice! Nothing wrong with this at all. I also love the stripes on the back. 10/10.

Great job on Michigan! This is the first Michigan concept where I really like the home jersey.

On the away jersey, I would make the back stripes in yellow and outline them in blue, to match the helmet.

NORTHWESTERN WILDCATS

NorthwesternWildcats.png

Thus rounds out the Midwestern Conference. This one was more difficult due to the teams' all having such traditional feels. It was a fun stretch though. More controversy with realignments to come!

Hmmm I somehow missed your Minnesota concept, but looking back on it, it is great. 3 things that I love about the MN concept: 1. Minimal amount of white. The Gophs are maroon and gold. Not maroon, gold, and white. Nice job on that. 2: The return to the M sleeves. Great design. 3: Using gold as the primary pant color. Looks so much better than using the maroon pants primarily. Great job with the Gophers.

I also love that Michigan concept, and that shade of purple for NW is perfect, those jerseys look sharp. Nice job overall on the B1G. Very impressed.

the NW set is pretty good. the only things that keep it from being great are the disconnect between the script style wordmark and the block N in the logo along with the single pant stripe and the northwestern stripes

I agree with Mau on the stripes, you should carry them through. And that shade of purple is too red to be NW, IMO. It's a great, traditional look though!

acc_logo-300x205.jpg

The new-look Atlantic Coast Conference has a distinct Florida flavor now. The schmaltzy "Atlantic" and "Coastal" divisions are now gone in favor of something more geographically sound: North and South.

The ACC did lose a couple of teams: Georgia Tech and Clemson. However, Central Florida and... THE FLORIDA GATORS... Have been added to compensate, as well as South Florida. I think this is a balanced conference now that is good for both basketball and football.

ACC NORTH:

Duke

Maryland

North Carolina

North Carolina State

Virginia

Virginia Tech

ACC SOUTH:

Central Florida

Florida

Florida State

Miami (FL)

South Florida

Wake Forest

I forgot to mention, this pic is what I got a lot of inspiration from for Northwestern:

57409597.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=516B9ACD386517312E7F51EB6A68D851F615FD753D6E31D3B824A64966B80979E30A760B0D811297

MARYLAND TERRAPINS

I really tried to "Maryland" this concept out. Yes, it appears that I'm trading one gimmick for another, but I'd rather see their awesome state flag above turtle-shell pattern. Yeesh. I don't really remember why I decided to go with the extra teal color, but it was a weird (but cool) contrast to the red/mustard/black combo.

The helmet stripe and belt sleeve have the flag pattern.

MarylandTerrapins.png