NCAA Football Realignment Concept Project (ACC)

vicfurth

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

liking most of your concepts. some just look a little too awkward, like Texas. I really like Oklahoma State.

as for the way you are realigning, I find it interesting.

heres an article I did on realignment. just for comparison. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/405510-optimization-over-expansion-what-the-ncaa-should-have-done ... thot it might interest you to peek!

okay, back to concepts.

Some cool ideas there. We actually had the same idea for a few teams. I thought the addition of Kentucky to the Big East would help their football team, but really challenge and upgrade them from a basketball standpoint as well. Plus, the rivalry with Louisville made more since than, say, Kentucky and Tennessee.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES

Imagine the possibility of Boston College (which I failed to mention in the opening story) playing Notre Dame for the Big East football title. Now that'd be some great old-school college football.

As for the actual concept, there were some ideas that left me torn, mainly the idea of putting a logo on the helmet. I tried it both ways and eventually settled on actually putting a logo on the side. I liked the idea of pushing BC into the present like they've tried to do with their uniforms.

Now, the uniform element are born of two separate inspirations. One, I couldn't decide on an alternate but really didn't want maroon pants. Obviously, all-gold was out of the question as well since it'd look like, well, crap. The result was this series' first throwback. Not a "faux-back", but an actual, honest throwback for use during homecoming games. It hearkens back to, you guessed it, the Flutie years, specifically 1984.

The main home and road came from a completely different idea entirely. I wanted something unique, but not so far out there as to spit on BC's tradition. I was actually working on a concept for Providence College of all places (who did not make the final cut for the Big East overall), but the striping really struck me as a good idea for Boston College. I like the more subtle winged look here.

Potential combos are:

Maroon/Gold

White/Gold

Homecoming Throwback

BostonCollegeEagles.png

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Very nice! I like what you did with the shoulders. I do like the idea of the Notre Dame rivalry as well.

What's funny is that I hadn't considered it until I was writing the unveil post. Kinda a convenient accident.

Very nice! I like what you did with the shoulders. I do like the idea of the Notre Dame rivalry as well.

What's funny is that I hadn't considered it until I was writing the unveil post. Kinda a convenient accident.

Glad that you did I think that it basically makes the jerseys in a way.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

I meant the whole rivalry with Notre Dame. I'd forgotten that they actually were significant rivals, and the potential for a matchup for a Big East title would make networks drool, I think.

I meant the whole rivalry with Notre Dame. I'd forgotten that they actually were significant rivals, and the potential for a matchup for a Big East title would make networks drool, I think.

No doubt.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

CINCINNATI BEARCATS

While Cincinnati has been getting better in football by a long-shot, they're still a basketball school to me. I wanted to marry current and late-90's looks for something unique. The Bearcats don't have a particularly unique color scheme, but they should have a look that can be instantly-identifiable.

I like their old Nike basketball template with the three separated rectangles going down the side of the jerseys and pants, so I went that route with this concept. Much like basketball, they have all one-color uniforms (aside from the alternates). I used a red jersey only as an alternate because Cincinnati seems like a black-with-red team rather than a red-with-black team.

The fonts, however, are their current ones. I love the current use of Friz Quadrata that the school utilizes. I added outlines and the slightest drop-shadow to the numbers and kept the backs nameless. The current Cincinnati script is across the front, creating the classic "name above numbers" look with a more-modern twist.

Potential combos are:

Black/Black (primary home)

Black/White

White/Black

White/White (primary road)

Red/White

Red/Black

CincinnatiBearcats.png

CincinnatiBearcats2.png

I'm not a fan of Cincinnati. You said you wanted to give them a look that's instantly identifiable, but they already have that: the three slashes. The basketball team has it now, and so does the football team. I would go with that look.

I'm not a fan of Cincinnati. You said you wanted to give them a look that's instantly identifiable, but they already have that: the three slashes. The basketball team has it now, and so does the football team. I would go with that look.

I agree. With the three slashes, you can identify Cincy from a mile away, but if you remove the wordmark from your uniforms, there's no real way of identifying them.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Cincinnati's numbers are a variation of Fritz Quadrata, if I remember correctly.

Friz.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Boston College: Love this. Although I don't feel that they really need 2 maroon jerseys. I would go with a gold over maroon combo. Pretty nice, though. 9/10.

Cincinnati: See mbannon's post (and it needs NOBs). 3/10.

The second maroon jersey is supposed to be a throwback. I saw the Flutie-era unis (heck, Flutie's inspired two sets in some way; kudos if you can guess the other one) and really liked them.

Interesting how many Big East teams used that sleeve stripe in the 80s-90s.

Archived