NCAA Football Realignment Concept Project (ACC)

vicfurth

Boston College: Love this. Although I don't feel that they really need 2 maroon jerseys. I would go with a gold over maroon combo. Pretty nice, though. 9/10.

Cincinnati: See mbannon's post (and it needs NOBs). 3/10.

The second maroon jersey is supposed to be a throwback. I saw the Flutie-era unis (heck, Flutie's inspired two sets in some way; kudos if you can guess the other one) and really liked them.

Interesting how many Big East teams used that sleeve stripe in the 80s-90s.

I know, but I just don't feel it necessary. Oh, well, it's your concept series...

25yzwqg.png

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UCONN HUSKIES

This is going to be a love/hate one. Makes for good discussion though, lol.

Connecticut football has a great look already with one main issue. They use only the blue and silver with no red trim. I added red trim here.

I went for quite the different look from their current set. I really like the subtle busy-ness of the current basketball uniforms and emulated that throughout this football look. Basically, I took the piped-out look and transferred it to football. The only combinations are all-blue and all-white to retain the matching piping.

Another thing I did was a template tweak. I added some undersleeves to this set. Now, I didn't carry that through the whole Big East, but I definitely will for each conference hereafter. This is a taste of the future football sets. :woot:

Potential combos are:

Blue/Blue

White/White

ConnecticutHuskies.png

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I love the UConn uniforms, but can someone explain the red outline to me? Why does the basketball team have it?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I love the UConn uniforms, but can someone explain the red outline to me? Why does the basketball team have it?

I don't know (and I went there), but they've been using red as an accent color since the 1950s. They've been emphasizing silver/grey in recent years (since the most recent Nike contract IIRC), even going so far as having a grey alternate. (Which I hope the football team avoids like the plague.)

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

I'm not a fan of Cincinnati. You said you wanted to give them a look that's instantly identifiable, but they already have that: the three slashes. The basketball team has it now, and so does the football team. I would go with that look.

Disagree 100%. For Cincinnati, the three blocks are a better representation of UC that the three slashes. If fact, you need to throw the C-Paw on the butt on the pants. The bball team worse a couple different unis during the Huggs era, but those jordan brand unis they had during the Kenyon Martin years are what they are most known for

KENTUCKY WILDCATS

This one was a head-scratcher. Do I go classic? Modern? Throwback?

Eventually, I went "Pro Combat Traditional". There are elements that works well in the modern era of football uniforms, but they also fit into a fairly classic mold as well.

I went back to the basics with Kentucky. Only blue and white were used, and I used no extracurricular piping. It's straight and to the point. The helmet is the classic white shell, which I think works really well for Kentucky. The jerseys have a double-stripe from collar to shoulder, which truncates at the sleeve.

As for fonts, it's still more classic ties. I double-outlined the numbers to match the "UK" on the helmet and put "Kentucky" on the back of the pants. The collar, however, has a really cool phrase printed inside: "IMMORTALS". I chose that to pay homage to the Wildcats' only undefeated football team back in 1898. They finished 7-0-0 and were not scored on all season.

Potential combos are:

Blue/White (primary home)

Blue/Blue

White/White

White/Blue (primary road)

KentuckyWildcats.png

KentuckyWildcats2.png

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

For Kentucky you need to make your striping more consistent. You have a triple stripe on the helmet, a double stripe on the jersey, and a single stripe on the pants. I would go with just a double stripe on all of them. Also, I would consider putting numbers on the sleeves...the jersey is a little too plain IMO.

For Kentucky you need to make your striping more consistent. You have a triple stripe on the helmet, a double stripe on the jersey, and a single stripe on the pants. I would go with just a double stripe on all of them. Also, I would consider putting numbers on the sleeves...the jersey is a little too plain IMO.

I agree, a little too plain, maybe adding more stripes, shoulder numbers, etc. would help.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

LOUISVILLE CARDINALS

Here we have the second half of the Kentucky rivalry. Louisville has recently tried to combine modern and traditional elements and, well... Flopped. The random shoulder stripes with more traditional pants and helmet are blech. Even more, they have a black jersey with "The Ville" on the front. :shocked:

I wanted to bring back some of the yellow trim into my concept. I felt that it would separate Louisville from a host of other red/black schools. My main design feature with this set is the sleeve striping. I considered a winged helmet but decided that putting wings on the sleeves would be more unique (hasn't been done before this way) and would be recognizable as "Louisville" without a cheap nickname (The Ville). This is also my first set to utilize a drop shadowed font. Once I tried it on the Cardinals' set, I had to leave it there. I really completes the look.

The pants are pretty simple. There is a double-outlined, tapered stripe on the side that stops at mid-thigh, leaving room for the cardinal head again.

Potential combos are:

Red/White (Primary home)

Red/Red ("red-out games")

White/White

White/Red (Primary road)

LouisvilleCardinals.png

LouisvilleCardinals2.png

the blackout game has become a recent tradition. are there any thoughts to adding a black set to this? otherwise, i like this set. but to be honest, i would have been happy as long as the shoulder stripes matched the pants. it was very uneven watching a team with elements of some of our greatest years (shnellinberger era pants and helmet with the exception of the updated logo) with the darkest era of the program (kragthorpe jerseys).

Archived