NCAA Football Realignment Concept Project (ACC)

vicfurth

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems like you have put alot of thought into this one, but I'm not feeling it. It almost comes off as a Kansas City Chiefs-meets-Arizona Cardinals merge, and ultimately I think you need to choose between black or yellow.

The colors just don't look so great paired together, and if anything it's a downgrade. The sleeve-wing, although a great idea, looks bulky and probably won't be recognized as a wing at first glance. If you could add some movement to the design, it could possibly work.

I think simplicity is just the key here. You've got everything else going for you, it's just the pairing of both the black and yellow (teehee) that sort of "crowds" the design. Otherwise, another great concept to add to the series.

MARSHALL THUNDERING HERD

Marshall was really fun to make. I wanted a different look from the typical green/black color scheme, but was racking my brain for something until I found it: Green/Brown.

It's a different scheme, for sure, but I really like the way this turned out. The jerseys are traditional with a twist. I created a classic two-stripe look but added piping that connects the sleeve stripes to the collar via collarbone piping. It's a twist that I really like.

I wanted to incorporate the bison to the concept too. The brown trim and actual use of the Bison-M logo help separate Marshall from the other 1,083,470,564 or so schools that use an "M" on the helmet.

Potential combos are:

Green/White (Primary Home)

Green/Green

White/White (Primary Road)

White/Green

Brown/White

MarshallThunderingHerd.png

MarshallThunderingHerd2.png

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I love this look for Marshall! The buffalo/bison in the logo is brown anyway, so it ties the whole kit together. Also, when I think about a "thundering herd," I think of the buffalo charging across the open prairie - where the natural surroundings are shades of green and brown.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I'm liking a lot of these concepts. But I have two questions:

1. Do you plan on going back and revising some of these such as Cincinnati?

2. Do you plan on doing all conferences, including the WAC, MAC, and C-USA?

I may revise once I get through the project.

I actually am looking at doing schools like that, yes. They may or may not be in the same conferences though. ;) upon last count, I have 127 schools lines up overall

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I'm liking a lot of these concepts. But I have two questions:

1. Do you plan on going back and revising some of these such as Cincinnati?

2. Do you plan on doing all conferences, including the WAC, MAC, and C-USA?

I may revise once I get through the project.

I actually am looking at doing schools like that, yes. They may or may not be in the same conferences though. ;) upon last count, I have 127 schools lines up overall

Okay. I'm excited for more! :grin:

25yzwqg.png

I would rip you a new one for the addition of that much yellow to Louisville but I get your reasoning. That said, I'd like to see you incorporate a black set since the official colors are red and black while yellow isn't.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

NOTRE DAME FIGHTING IRISH

What to do, what to do... ND is one of the iconic teams in not only college football, but on earth itself. The Irish are right up there with the Yankees, Manchester United, and Lakers. I wondered what I could possibly do to improve their current set, which has only been tweaked in their entire existence (aside from a failed attempt at side-panels a few years ago).

I didn't want to dirty up their look with extra piping or an especially-creative setup. There are only two major changes to Notre Dame's current set. I went with green (yes, green) as the primary this time. The blue, to me, felt like a "good but safe" way to go. I wanted a small element of risk with my design. The other main design element is a sublimated shamrock on the back, a la Duke basketball. It's barely strong enough to see, but it's interesting enough to make the viewer try to make out what the shape actually is.

There are other, more subtle changes that bring the Irish into the modern era. I have an ND logo below the collar on the nape of the neck. I also adjusted their pants. The shamrock will now match the jersey color (either green or blue).

All that said, I really like this look. Also, bonus points to anyone who can guess the number on the jersey. However, just like the old show "Whose Line is it Anyway", the points don't matter.

Potential Combos are:

Green/Gold (Primary Home)

White/Gold (Primary Away)

Blue/Gold

NotreDameFightingIrish.png

When I saw that you had unveiled my Fighting Irish, I was a little worried that you might go crazy with them. However, I feel like you didn't do enough with them. I would be fine with ND pulling out some simple piping or contrasting cuffs, as long as it doesn't go overboard.

Now onto the concept. The green has to go. It hasn't been good to us over the last decade, and I don't want that to continue every home game. Also, I think most Notre Dame fans agree that ND > TV numbers on the sleeves. I would move the ND to the sleeves then put a green shamrock (gold for the green jersey) under the back of the collar. I like the idea of the shamrock on the pants, but just make them all green so there aren't two pairs of gold pants.

And I'm assuming the 45 is in honor of Rudy. Rudy Rudy Rudy!

MARSHALL THUNDERING HERD

Marshall was really fun to make. I wanted a different look from the typical green/black color scheme, but was racking my brain for something until I found it: Green/Brown.

It's a different scheme, for sure, but I really like the way this turned out. The jerseys are traditional with a twist. I created a classic two-stripe look but added piping that connects the sleeve stripes to the collar via collarbone piping. It's a twist that I really like.

I wanted to incorporate the bison to the concept too. The brown trim and actual use of the Bison-M logo help separate Marshall from the other 1,083,470,564 or so schools that use an "M" on the helmet.

Potential combos are:

Green/White (Primary Home)

Green/Green

White/White (Primary Road)

White/Green

Brown/White

MarshallThunderingHerd.png

MarshallThunderingHerd2.png

I like the Brown, but in the world where you live, the CCSLC will be split half loving it and half hating it enough to call it the "Thundering Turd"

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

And I'm assuming the 45 is in honor of Rudy. Rudy Rudy Rudy!

I honestly couldn't think of a striping or piping that would improve the Irish's look. Also, I personally don't like the current trend of omitting sleeve numbers. Makes it look cheap, IMO.

Archived