NCAA Football Realignment Concept Project (ACC)

vicfurth

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I'm assuming the 45 is in honor of Rudy. Rudy Rudy Rudy!

I honestly couldn't think of a striping or piping that would improve the Irish's look. Also, I personally don't like the current trend of omitting sleeve numbers. Makes it look cheap, IMO.

It really isn't a current trend, at least with Notre Dame. From the 80s all the way up to a few years ago we had the ND on the sleeves with no TV numbers.

PITTSBURGH PANTHERS

Ah, Pittsburgh. You took a great, unique look in NCAA football and became another navy/gold school. The time has come to dial the clocks back and ramp up the brightness. I'm bringing the blue/yellow back to "Pitt", going old-school with modern twists.

As mentioned before, the old 80s/90s colors are back. I didn't want to simply use the current threads with old colors, though. I wanted a look that answered the question "what if they stayed with brighter colors? What would Nike have done with (or to) them then?" I researched and found that Pitt and Boston College used extremely similar striping schemes in the 80s, if not identical striping. I decided to go with the shoulder yoke because it balanced the blue and yellow while tying in with the new yellow helmet.

The helmet has a variation on the old scripted "Pitt". It's still strictly blue-on-yellow, but the script is a bit sharper. I also opted for a bright blue mask, something the Panthers never did. It gives a similar look to, say, when Green Bay switched from gray to green masks; it really perks the helmet up.

The pants stripe is where this look gets really unique. I have a stripe that tapers from the back of the knee to mid-thigh. However, it thins to a point where it actually blends into the script logo on the side of the pants. To my knowledge, I've never seen it before.

Potential combos are:

Blue/Yellow (Primary Home)

Blue/Blue

White/Yellow (Primary Road)

White/Blue

Yellow/Blue

PittsburghPanthers.png

PittsburghPanthers2.png

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Great idea to take the old colors for Pitt. It would be unique if you could work the current logos into the color scheme.

Thought about whipping up a new logo since their current ones suck. Couldn't come up with an idea though.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

RUTGERS SCARLET KNIGHTS

A little history lesson. In case you didn't know, Rutgers was actually a participant in America's first college football game. They beat Princeton, 6-4 (very different scoring system then).

The numbers I meant to type "18" on one and "69" on the others as a tribute, but forgot. I did something interesting though. The uniforms themselves aren't particularly designed because I felt the Knights could deal with simple scarlet uniforms. I felt that extra striping or piping would take away from the pure "scarlet" look. Rutgers actually likes the color so much that it's their ONLY school color (no white, silver, gold, black, nada).

However, this is the first concept in the series (so far) that has a new logo. I ran a sword through the "R" on the helmet. I thought it looked better than a simple stand-alone R. The helmet stripe echoes the half-white, half-gray shading of the sword as well.

Aside from that, not much has changed. I didn't want a black uniform at all, but left some black trim to separate them from the many red/white variations in the NCAA. This one, while simple, was really fun.

Potential combos are:

Scarlet/Scarlet (Primary Home)

Scarlet/White

White/Scarlet (Primary Away)

White/White

RutgersScarletKnights.png

RutgersScarletKnights2.png

Pittsburgh: I hate to be a nag, but I'm really not a fan of this. I've never really liked bright blue and mustard yellow in the first place, and it doesn't look all to pretty here. In addition, it could really do without the "classic" PITT script and boring block font. Overall, this is probably my least favorite concept of the series. 2/10.

Rutgers: I really like this. Simplicity is beauty in this case. The awesome new logo, helmet stripe, and the font really fit Rutgers perfectly. 10/10.

25yzwqg.png

Pittsburgh: I hate to be a nag, but I'm really not a fan of this. I've never really liked bright blue and mustard yellow in the first place, and it doesn't look all to pretty here. In addition, it could really do without the "classic" PITT script and boring block font. Overall, this is probably my least favorite concept of the series. 2/10.

Rutgers: I really like this. Simplicity is beauty in this case. The awesome new logo, helmet stripe, and the font really fit Rutgers perfectly. 10/10.

Nobody ever improves with "good jobs" and "atta boys". I always appreciate criticism. ;)

I think those Pitt uniforms would look better with the current helmet script.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Thinking ya might be right. Hopefully I can start a re-vamp thread after this one to tweak or re-do some of these. I think there have been a few "mehs" in the project so far:

-Pitt

-Missouri

-Kentucky

-Etc

Been fun so far. I'm actually finishing up PAC-12 now. Big, big changes to that conference.

Please don't butcher Arizona too much! I love our current uniforms.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I think on the Pitt, if you made the yellow more mustard-ish color and removed the odd shoulder yokes and the swoop on the legs and went with something more traditional, it would be good. Keep up the good work.

Rutgers is clean.

I'm hung up on USC. Can't think of a way to improve their look.

the trojan's sleeve pattern needs to be on the uniform sleeve or pants. maybe a different color facemask? maybe white pants for a road alternate?

470158.jpg

SYRACUSE ORANGE

Syracuse has actually looked much better lately, but there was a time when they looked like big orange eyesores. I went with a really traditional look.

Now, I didn't use the McNabb-era style. I went with something similar to their current truncated shoulders, but a bit more streamlined. The stripes aren't as thick now. Moreso, I went two-color rather than the traditional three.

The primary is also orange rather than blue. I thought it would match the name better. The blue is now the alternate (with orange pants only).

Just now realized that I forgot to color the alternate uniform's socks. They are supposed to be blue, not black.

Potential combos are:

Orange/White (Primary Home)

White/Orange (Primary Road)

White/White

Blue/Orange

SyracuseOrange.png

Archived