NCAA Football Realignment Concept Project (ACC)

vicfurth

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VILLANOVA WILDCATS

Villanova is the first school in this series to be bumped up to FBS from FCS. I really wanted a unique, edgy look to show that the 'Cats belong in NCAA's top division.

The helmet is new. I started with a white shell and triple stripe. That sounds traditional, but the middle stripe is really thin to mimic the look of their primary logo, which is also on the shell.

The uniforms are much more unique though. I have curved and tapered piping everywhere in light blue and white (colors vary depending on the set) which really represent a wildcat's slashes. I thought the look was better on 'Nova than, say, Cincinnati. This is also the most amount of combinations I've made so far at nine.

Potential Combos Are:

Navy/White

Navy/Navy

Navy/Light Blue

White/White

White/Navy

White/Light Blue

Light Blue/White

Light Blue/Navy

Light Blue/Light Blue

VillanovaWildcats.png

VillanovaWildcats2.png

VillanovaWildcats3.png

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

WEST VIRGINIA MOUNTAINEERS:

Rounding out the Big East

This one is probably the most "out there", modern concept for the Big East. I wanted a style with a mountain feel, but also kept with the modern times and style that West Virginia football has come to be known for.

I went with another two-color style: Navy and Athletic Yellow. The helmet is relatively similar to their current, but with a twist. I added the state outline behind the WV logo. My thinking was that the jagged state boundary that West Virginia has would tie in with the jagged piping on the uniform. It'd be subtle enough to not distract, but the viewer could still tell it is there. The shell and mask are both navy.

I'm going with five combinations this time, mixing navy and yellow. The jerseys have a Nike-esque piping going around the back. However, the collar has a zig-zagging, mountainous style piping that is unique to West Virginia and mimics the sharp corners of the primary logo. The number font is also very angular, and is colored yellow-on-blue or blue-on-white or blue-on-yellow.

The pants will either be yellow or navy. I went with a striping style that is similar to (if not the same as) their current Pro Combat pants. The angular striping further-ties with the sharp feel of the rest of the set. The original WV logo is on the left thigh. Socks will contrast with the pants, either being yellow or navy.

Potential combos are:

Navy/Yellow (Primary Home)

Navy/Navy

White/Yellow

White/Navy (Primary Road)

Yellow/Navy

Yellow/White (White pants ONLY with the yellow jersey)

WestVirginiaMountaineers.png

WestVirginiaMountaineers2.png

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

not feeling WV at all. the addition of the state outline on the helmet clutters an already great monogram. it adds nothing, but takes away some form and space from that icon so remove that.

i dont mind the number font, its fine. but the piping is strange. even though your intent is to reflect the logo and mountains it comes off as lightning, especially because its yellow. i would suggest just simplifying that as well because its quite an out of place distraction

im not seeing where the pants stripe fits in either. that element seems to be unique to the rest of the uniform. its a cool looking modern art shape but it dosnt fit in with anything else. on the white pants its even worse

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

not feeling WV at all. the addition of the state outline on the helmet clutters an already great monogram. it adds nothing, but takes away some form and space from that icon so remove that.

i dont mind the number font, its fine. but the piping is strange. even though your intent is to reflect the logo and mountains it comes off as lightning, especially because its yellow. i would suggest just simplifying that as well because its quite an out of place distraction

im not seeing where the pants stripe fits in either. that element seems to be unique to the rest of the uniform. its a cool looking modern art shape but it dosnt fit in with anything else. on the white pants its even worse

Probably one for the redo bin? I can see what you mean about the lightning and pants stripes

Villanova: Nailed it! Probably my favorite concept here so far. 10/10

West Virginia: I have mixed feelings about this. I like the pants and colors and font, but I'm not a fan of the West Virginia outline on the helmet. It could be great as the center logo of their basketball court, but not here. As for the striping on the jersey, I think it could work, but to a lesser extent. 8/10 for now.

25yzwqg.png

West Virginia. 8/10. love the striping. the state behind the WV logo. im in the minority on those very creative jersey. love it vic, love IT. love it love it. love IT. awesome concept

wrb141.jpgnbahoopscardszxzx01.png

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

Im Abby.. nice to meet you

Go Os. Capitals. Mets. Ravens. Rangers. Knicks. Butler Bulldogs. Maryland. Kevin Harvick.

I hate the YANKEESS

West Virginia. 8/10. love the striping. the state behind the WV logo. im in the minority on those very creative jersey. love it vic, love IT. love it love it. love IT. awesome concept

Are you stealing my thing, girl? Think you can just give concepts an "out of 10" score in bold print just like I do? :P

25yzwqg.png

Are you stealing my thing, girl? Think you can just give concepts an "out of 10" score in bold print just like I do? :P

LOL... nah. LOL... I just loved the concept. lol

wrb141.jpgnbahoopscardszxzx01.png

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

Im Abby.. nice to meet you

Go Os. Capitals. Mets. Ravens. Rangers. Knicks. Butler Bulldogs. Maryland. Kevin Harvick.

I hate the YANKEESS

Hello can someone help me trying to have a personal conversation with someone on here but the board will not allow me to. It said I dont have permission to use it. I dont know why Im a member. I am looking a football uniform concept graphic designer, I have start my own Uniform Brand call Validation. I apologizie this might be the wrong way to do this. Sorry for jumping on your post but you are one of the one i would like to speak to if you dont my email : coachstubbs95@gmail.com

Archived